★ Last Stop
★★ Shin Subarashiki Kono Sekai
★★★ Tribes of Midgard
★ Blaster Master Zero 3
★★ Senjou no Fuuga
★★★★★ Starbase
★★★★ The Ascent

icycalm wrote:Game of the Month: Starbase

The highly anticipated Starbase delivered what it promised, and more; and what it promised was the world. There was no way any of the other piddling efforts this month would top this, or get anywhere near it, and in fact as of this writing the game is Insomnia's provisional 2021 GOTY [ > ], and VERY close to BGE (Best Game Ever). Will it bag the industry's most coveted award? The industry is awaiting my decision with baited breath, literally with breath that has been baited. But right now I am too busy preparing for D&D for this weekend, so unfortunately I haven't found the time for Starbase beyond the 23 hours I played over the launch weekend. If we weren't playing D&D, I'd have put upwards of a hundred hours into it by now like all the other guys, but such is life. And next week will be even tougher for me, because next week I'll have to prepare for two campaigns, instead of one. So we're talking a couple of weeks at least before I find enough time to play some more Starbase. I told you, earlier in the summer, that we'd start back D&D once we were done with Starbase, but it doesn't look like we'll be done with it anytime soon, so I decided to restart D&D anyway, and it's gonna be a tough balancing act for me. But hey, I am not complaining. They are all great games at the end of the day, and we'll play all of them to our heart's content sooner or later. It's just that the sheer complexity of our main games makes it next to impossible to play two of them at the same time, which is why I was half-hoping that Starbase wouldn't be so good lol. Unfortunately, however, it is.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games