PC|MAC|XS|ONE Twelve Minutes

Unread postby ChevRage » 03 Sep 2021 13:02

ChevRage

CULT LIVE: Twelve Minutes

Unread postby ChevRage » 03 Sep 2021 14:17

I played a bit of this the other day.

Twelve Minutes with ChevRage 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A7Rf3vZPF4

It's a top down point and click adventure game, there's an inventory, you can use or combine items together by dragging them to whatever you want to use them on, and so on and so forth. It looks and sounds pretty nice, with a lot of work put into the lighting effects and the weather outside. Also everybody is voiced by big name actors like Willem Dafoe which is pretty awesome actually. This game probably has the highest production value I've ever seen for any point and click adventure.

The goal of the game seems to be a bit vague, I was under the impression that you are supposed to survive the 12 minutes, but that didn't seem to be the case as that still restarted the loop. I guess you are supposed to find the optimal solution to every problem you face during those 12 minutes. Before I finished my session, I thought I got pretty close, but I checked howlongtobeat.com and the average playthrough seems to be twice as long as that, so hopefully the game has more up its sleeve.

I definitely don't like that it's just in an apartment (I tried to leave once and the moment you step outside the front door you get kicked back to the start of the loop). Sure, the characters are well animated and voiced, but you still have the basic bitch dialogue options I've seen in tons of other games. And it's not like you can interact with EVERYTHING in the apartment. Why can't I straighten that damn rug? Why can't I push the couch in front of the door and block it off? If I'm stuck in an apartment for an entire game there should be a lot more stuff for me to interact with. For what it's worth, a neat detail is that the more you do of some things, the more confident and faster the player character is at doing it. I'm not going to spoil too much and say what specifically.

I'm not sure if I'll jump on and finish the game soon. I'm really hoping there's a lot more to it, but since my state is currently in a lockdown, I don't really want to play games that take place entirely within a single house.
ChevRage

Return to Games