https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status ... 8895392769

BREAKING: NEW official Call of Duty 2022 details:

— Sequel to Modern Warfare 2019
— NEW ENGINE for MW2 and Warzone 2
— Game + New Warzone built together from ‘ground up’
— Warzone will be ‘Massive evolution of BR’
— ‘New Sandbox mode’

Stay frosty…

We’re gonna be playing Warzone 2 from day 1 even if the install is 300 GB.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Call of Duty: Warzone 2

Unread postby icycalm » 25 May 2022 04:20

https://www.radiotimes.com/technology/g ... lease-date

Rob Leane wrote:Warzone 2 release date

The Warzone 2 release date has not yet been confirmed, but signs online suggest that it will arrive in either 2022 or 2023.

An earnings-related post on the official Activision website notes: "This year’s Call of Duty is a sequel to 2019’s Modern Warfare," before adding that a "new free-to-play Warzone experience, which is built from the ground-up alongside the premium game, features groundbreaking innovations to be revealed later this year".

Based on that quote, it sounds like the Modern Warfare 2 release date will definitely be aiming for 2022, but the next Warzone game is only committing to having a reveal this year.

A report from the oft-reliable outlet Bloomberg seems to have implied that Warzone 2 could release in 2023, but official sources have not confirmed that as of yet. We'll update this article when a date is announced.

Really looking forward to this. Both their BRs have been stellar, and the "groundbreaking innovations" have me salivating.

Rob Leane wrote:In terms of the Warzone 2 gameplay, official Call of Duty website has told fans to expect "a massive evolution of Battle Royale with all-new playspace and a new sandbox mode​".

Sounds like extensive underwater fighting to me. The original game's biggest fault was no water, though I gather that was fixed eventually with a new map. Also, small maps. Not sure how big the newer one was.
icycalm
Hyperborean

CULT LIVE: Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0

Unread postby icycalm » 17 Nov 2022 06:18

Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 (BR Quads) with ChevRage, icycalm, recoil and Archonus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYw3StbXDLw

We played a couple hours day 1 with a full team.

The big letdown is that there's no 5P mode, at least not yet. It caps off at 4, but I am hoping they will add the 5th later, just like they added the 4th later with the original game (which started with 3). I hope it doesn't take them months though, by which time I am sure I won't be playing. I like BRs, but only for about 30 hours or so. Still, maybe this will be the one to get me to play them more. It's quite well done.

The map is bigger than the last one's, so that's a main win. Maybe not quite as big as PUBG's iirc, but it's not far. There's definitely room for the vehicles to shine, though we've only driven cars and trucks so far, no helis or boats, but they're all in there and we saw players with helis. The swimming is nice too.

One con is that the town/city isn't that... inspired. But then again... this is the Middle East. It definitely feels like any Middle Eastern shithole I've seen in movies, so I guess they nailed it?

The Gulag is definitely better than before. 2v2 adds more fun to it, and the Jailer seems cool too. All the mechanics work as well as they always did, and the graphics are cool too. Very smooth shooting and vaulting and all that. No leaning though.

In the first game we played, our characters were jittering all over the place, but it was just a bad server. Never encountered the issue in later games. Performance is fine and no bugs really.

I THINK I heard there'll be more maps, so maybe we can get some more inspired location later. It's not bad by any means, but I miss PUBG's forests and Blops4's green fields. That said, I don't mind playing for a while in an Arab shithole. It has its own dumpy charm.

So basically looking forward to the 5th player and a couple more maps, but beyond that this is classic BR and we'll be playing it a lot over the coming few weeks and maybe even months. I have more to say, but I may write a review a couple dozen hours down the line.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: PC|XS|PS5|ONE|PS4 Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0

Unread postby ChevRage » 17 Nov 2022 06:34

I think it's called DMZ and at the moment the maximum amount of players you can have in a team is 3.

There's also another BR mode where instead of getting eliminated you join the team that wiped you. Max players in a team there is 3, but I think there's still a 150-player cap if I remember correctly.

I haven't tried either but am definitely keen on giving them a go.
ChevRage

Re: PC|XS|PS5|ONE|PS4 Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0

Unread postby icycalm » 17 Nov 2022 19:02

Launch Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJca6zoI50E

Good trailer. It reminded me something I forgot to mention in my impressions: the vehicle interaction is much more complex than in any BR I've seen, or in any videogame period, really. You can climb out of a vehicle's seat and onto the roof via full animation, and hang on there while shooting, or hop back in the car, etc. So the stuff you see in the trailer isn't bs, it can be done in the game pretty much as it's shown in the trailer. Not sure about that ending scene where the dude jumps out of a plane on a Humvee or whatever it is and starts shooting its gun in midair, but most of the rest seems doable. Also, the trailer shows some melee moves like kicks and suplexes I haven't seen in the game, but maybe they're also doable.

The advanced vehicle interaction isn't a HUGE thing, but it's very welcome and a natural progression from sliding, vaulting etc.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games