default header

Games

PinkSweets and Exelica location tests

Moderator: JC Denton

PinkSweets and Exelica location tests

Unread postby zapeipaa » 12 Nov 2006 12:44

http://insomnia.ac/japan/pinksweets+exelica.php

Hi, this is abit late, but I just recently found out about your site through insert credit. Anyway, the gaijin you're talking about in the PinkSweets loketest... that's me! :o
I remember someone taking notes, but I didn't notice you were filming. I can totally agree about the pressure you feel when there's alot of players watching.
Actually, it was my last day in Japan, and I was trying to get a hold of the OST and figure, but ended up empty-handed. Were they selling it on the top floor (like the recently released Mushi T-shirts?)

I had no idea there was a loketest for Excelica at the same time, if I knew, I would have tried it at least once. Where do you usually get information about upcoming loketests anyway?
zapeipaa

Re: PinkSweets and Exelica location tests

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Nov 2006 11:12

When I first read your post I was very surprised, but on second thought I shouldn't have been. There are so few people who care about new shooters these days -- and even fewer who give a damn about PinkSweets -- that you were bound to end up here sooner or later. Because as far as I know, no one else in the English-speaking internet has written about this game other than me.

zapeipaa wrote:I remember someone taking notes, but I didn't notice you were filming.

That's because I have a tiny camera and uncanny stealth ninja skills!

zapeipaa wrote:I was trying to get a hold of the OST and figure, but ended up empty-handed. Were they selling it on the top floor (like the recently released Mushi T-shirts?)

I presume you are talking about the Ibara OST and figures (there are several of them). And yeah, they were still selling them on the 4th floor until about a month ago.

zapeipaa wrote:Where do you usually get information about upcoming loketests anyway?

Oh well, you know, I get calls from the guys at Cave, Warashi, etc. when a new loke is coming up. For example, Cave's Ikeda will call me up and be all like "Hey icy-sama plz come see our new shooting game, and write good things about it!"

I just check Kobayan (see links section).
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: PinkSweets and Exelica location tests

Unread postby zapeipaa » 13 Nov 2006 19:15

And what gaijin would queue for a game for 30 minutes just to play for 5-10 minutes other than a fan? :P

Yeah, I meant the Ibara OST and figures. Who could withstand the adorable Teresa Rose being displayed like that? I had no idea they had a shop on the top floor, I just went there once but turned back when I saw people playing Lineage II and FFXI. Oh well, I've already bought the figures from elsewhere anyway.

Is PinkSweets any popular today, almost a year after the loketest, or is everyone just playing Mushihime-sama Futari?

Thanks for the link about Kobayan, though it would be really nice to get phonecalls from Cave! :D
zapeipaa

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Nov 2006 11:16

It's not exactly a shop; I mean they don't have a wide selection of merchandise or anything. They had the Mushi OST and figure for a while, then the Ibara one, now the T-shirts... But because Cave only makes limited print runs of this stuff, it is impossible for them to keep a wide selection in stock. To be honest, I usually just get my stuff from Yahoo Auctions Japan. I can get new Ketsui or Espgaluda OSTs any time I want, for example.

And yeah, it's a sad fact that pretty much no one plays PinkSweets any more. There are very few Raizing fans around, even in Japan. I have a half-finished review on my hard drive at the moment, where I explain why I ended up liking this game so much. It's certainly more interesting than the Mushi rehash.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games