default header

Games

Jumping Flash series

Moderator: JC Denton

Jumping Flash series

Unread postby tenno » 04 Apr 2006 21:28

I really, really, really like Jumping Flash 1 & 2 for the PSOne, and I ain't afraid to admit it.
tenno

Unread postby Molloy » 04 Apr 2006 23:43

I had the demo of Jumping Flash on a disk and I must have played through it 4 or 5 times. It was bloody wonderful. Never did find the actual game though. I'd love to have got a hold of it.

Hehe, nothing to be embarrased about. It just seems on some forums claming you like a Playstation is some kind of a crime. We're only allowed to reminice about the same handful of Nintendo games.
Molloy

Unread postby Pongism » 05 Apr 2006 01:28

Jumping in a FPS game hasn't been good ever. Not even in Far Cry, the finest FPS game EVAR.
Pongism

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Apr 2006 18:00

I loved Far Cry. I was playing it a couple of months ago in a dark room, with the volume turned up so high that when I shot something the floor would tremble as if I had started using a jackhammer. It was an incredible experience--especially the outdoor levels.

Unfortunately, my hard drive crashed when I was half-way through the game and I lost all my saves. After that, I just couldn't bring myself to start again from the beginning.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby tenno » 05 Apr 2006 19:26

I haven't played the PC version, but I dunno about FarCry being the best FPS, good but not AWESOME. That position is reserved for Halo (yes I know most of you hate it), Half-Life and for sheer mech awesomeness - Shoto.

Jumping Flash is probably one of the few games that actually ahd a decent jump mechanic, if I remember, you could look straight down and measure your descent based on that, and for th time, had a very awesome feel to the game world itself. I mean come on, you had FREAKING FIREWORKS for weapons, which equals AWESOME. :shock:
tenno

Unread postby Engima » 06 Apr 2006 08:26

I remember having a demo for Jumping Flash.Pretty addicting but such rediculous movement.
Those were the days of the orginal PSX. Truly the most unique games came from that era.
Engima

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Apr 2006 11:37

Did you make a typo on your username? If you did, I can fix it for you...

Pongism wrote:Jumping in a FPS game hasn't been good ever. Not even in Far Cry, the finest FPS game EVAR.

Jumping in Metroid Prime was pretty damn cool. And don't tell me that's not an FPS.

As for Halo/Far Cry, they are both great games. It would be impossibly hard for me to pick one of the two. They each have nice aspects which the other lacks. For example, Far Cry lacks Halo's killer co-op mode, whereas Halo's level design after the 4 first levels is a bad joke compared to Far Cry.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby tenno » 08 Apr 2006 00:43

i've been buying a lot of cheap ass FPS' for the xbox, sicne i'm such an FPS junkie. some of them, like Pariah are so damn clos to being great games, that you really wonder how they dropped the ball so bad. i'm writing a review on it, even though i'm sure the game has been covered and reviled sixx ways to sunday, i mean heres just one glaring issue:

in Pariah, your guns are ubgradable through hidden weapon cores found in areas of the map, however, for no obvious reason after important level changes in the game, you start off with depowered weapons, fully powered weapons, weapons you never picked up, losing weapons, etc. they give you the interesting ability to upgrade the weapons you favor, and then totally ruin it by randomly dictating said weapons weakening at mind boggling points, it's as if you were playing metroid prime, but instead of steadily building up your arsenal, it's be more like they give you all the weapons, then take them away or upgrade them on a whim.

mind. blowingly. lame.

and it doesn't end there, it's just the game could have been so damn good....
tenno

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Apr 2006 12:36

You sure that's not a bug? It sounds like a bug. Isn't there also a PC version for Pariah?

In any case, when you are done with your review start a new thread and post it there, if you want. I know nothing about this game.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby tenno » 10 Apr 2006 16:41

It is a bug, i started my game back up and i was like 5 levels back, so i guess my review nees to be redone, but man oh man that was a lot of annoying backtracking, but at least i had all my guns back hah!

picked up half-life for the xbox for like 14 bucks, they seriously impressed me with how good it looks on the ole Box.
tenno

Unread postby tenno » 11 Apr 2006 18:02

Nah, I would have rewritten it, if it doesn't duplicate then it's a bug, if it does then it's a 'feature' <rolls eyes>
tenno

Return to Games