default header

Uberust

PC|MAC|ONE|PS4 Rust

Moderator: JC Denton

PC|MAC|ONE|PS4 Rust

Unread postby icycalm » 27 Nov 2020 17:46

I just discovered there's no Rust thread on the site lol. So first off, here's my Videogame Art review of it:

Part I: https://culture.vg/reviews/videogame-art/rust.html
Part II: https://www.patreon.com/posts/35357043

More parts incoming.

In the meantime, check out Shadowfrax's latest video:

Tech trees, November Balance | Rust Update 27th November 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V70cGJYo1oU

Normally we have a dedicated thread for his videos [ > ], but the upcoming tech tree update that he reveals in this video should be highlighted in the main thread because remember who told you first that Rust is first-person Civilization? People had no idea what I was talking about back then, but can you see it now that the devs have made it blatant even for morons?

icycalm tha prophet wrote:And if the clan is comprised of 100 players, instead of 15, operating in separate groups spread out across the map tackling specialized objectives which boil down to eXploring, eXpanding, eXploiting, and eXterminating, what are you doing, precisely, if not participating in a real-time MMO version of a 4X game like Civilization?

P.S. This update will make the game even harder and more complex, because it means you won't be able to use advanced blueprints even if you own them, until you also have all their prerequisite blueprints. The devs just keep ratcheting up the complexity and difficulty with no end in sight lol.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Discord BOT » 01 Dec 2020 12:02

CULT|Yurian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trWE5HaGFxw

Ryan JD wrote:What Is Base Invaders in RUST? How To Play?

CULT|icycalm
The periods are a few minutes. It's autistic. Defeats the entire purpose of the game and the genre.
Uberust4Lyfe

CULT|Yurian
Yeah, 130 minutes total is way too short lol.

CULT|icycalm
I didn't even watch enough to find the total duration
I guess you could say it's a step in the right direction, because it introduces an endgame
But the end of this direction is Uberust
The point is, his game is worse than regular Rust
It's so obviously worse
So he fixed one thing, okay, the endgame. But he destroyed everything else that made the game special lol.
Maybe he can make a 130-minute version of Civ next

CULT|Yurian
Lol yeah I agree. Maybe some of their mods could be useful for Uberust.

CULT|icycalm
Oh sure yeah
Originally posted in the Insomnia Discord.

Insomnia Discord bot powered by proprietary next gen next level neural networked quantum learning self aware AI developed by Cult Games.
Discord BOT

Unread postby icycalm » 31 May 2021 02:25

Rust top 5 on Steam right now, at least in my region.

This game has insane legs. It just keeps selling.

We're playing this week btw. I'll have details up soon. We'll try a new approach this time, can't wait.

P.S. ARK is top 3 and 4 lol, and the top 2 games are VERY close in genre. The entire top 5 is taken up by open-world survival-crafting basically lol. Incredible. I bet this isn't at all what console charts look like. PC gamers way ahead of everyone.
icycalm
Hyperborean

New Rust trailer!!!

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Jun 2021 18:02

They've been planning this for a long time, it's been on the roadmap for ages since someone requested it: https://rust.nolt.io/2532

Jakb wrote:A new game trailer

The current Rust trailer is now 2 years old and was made by a Rust youtuber, Surge. If you haven’t seen it look here https://youtu.be/gcvDUxdmntw

Being 2 years old the trailer does not actually show what Rust is like in it’s current more developed state. The graphics are worse, the player models are different, there is a lot of content which is not shown, eg: vehicles, cargoship, scientists, new weapons. Everything about that trailer is old and does not look appealing to new players

The trailer also does not capture all the mayhem you may experience during Rust and how exhilarating it may be. There should definitely be clips of highspeed minicopter fights, compound infiltrations etc.

Ngl, I love surge and his videos but I don’t believe the current trailer is of enough quality to be the official trailer for Rust - The first thing anyone will see on the steam page when purchasing Rust. There are spelling mistakes in the overlaying text and more

TL;DR:
The trailer is extremely outdated, we definitely need a new one and one that is officially made by Facepunch.

Someone pointed out to him the old console announcement trailer, which is brilliant and which I've had as number 2 in my Ultimate Trailer Ranking for a while.

Rust - Console Announcement Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uprAyR ... TR&index=2

This remains one of the best trailers of all time, top 3 material easily, and I always watch it to get psyched before starting a new wipe. However, as the OP remarked,

Jakb wrote:@Nibba toilet That video is great but it won’t go well for the official trailer

It IS an official trailer (which goes to show you how aesthetically sensitive the people making this game are, and above all the director), but it doesn't showcase all the things you do in this game, so even though as an ARTWORK IN ITSELF, it is SUBLIME, as a trailer whose job it is to advertise the game, it doesn't quite fit the bill, so a new trailer is needed.

Btw, the NEW console release trailer is execrable. I am not even going to link it, that's how bad it is. It totally misrepresents the game as if it's some muddy battle royale-wannabe. Fuck that trailer man, the port's devs made it I am sure, and fuck the console edition that probably IS muddy. You don't play a masterpiece like this with a fucking controller on an Xbox, fuck you.

So just now I got a YouTube notification (because I am subscribed to Facepunch with notifications on) that they finally fixed the trailer issue.

Official Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGcECozNXEw

Now that's what I am talking about! That's Rust. Now you finally have something representative of the game to show to your friends so that they'll maybe see the light and join you.

July 1 is the next update and forced wipe, and we're playing no matter what. I've found 24-hour coworking spaces with super-fast internet in case I still haven't fixed my connection problem at home. It's 20 euros a day, but I don't give a shit. There's no way I am not playing, and I hope many of you will join me (and feel free to invite friends).

P.S. Of course the new trailer went on the Ultimate Trailer Ranking immediately, I just haven't decided exactly how high to place it yet.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Jun 2021 18:32

It doesn't even show that there's a whole electrical engineering dimension that practically requires one of your friends to study YouTube videos on how to wire your entire base lol. It DOES show some of the upgraded art assets though. That grass in the end scene looks so real.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Jun 2021 18:39

Also I think they updated the Steam description: https://store.steampowered.com/app/252490/Rust/

Facepunch wrote:The only aim in Rust is to survive. Everything wants you to die - the island’s wildlife and other inhabitants, the environment, other survivors. Do whatever it takes to last another night.

The last line is new I think, never seen it before, I would have remembered.

It's kinda false for the regular servers though. You can "last another night" just fine with infinite respawns, thankyouverymuch. If you're talking about YOUR BASE surviving, then fine, I'll buy that.

It's only in 1-life Uberust that the last line is true. I have some new ideas about relaunching that at some point. I think they'll work even better than before, and will make running the event a breeze, with no commitment required from anyone. Look out for that maybe in the summer, maybe in the autumn. Whenever I feel Battlegrounds is stable and we can take a bit of time off for another pass at Uberust.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Jun 2021 23:51

icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Jun 2021 04:37

Scroll down for advance preview of the upcoming megaphone mechanics: https://twitter.com/scant21092668/statu ... 7452263427
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: PC|MAC|ONE|PS4 Rust

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Jun 2021 13:24

Voice Props DLC is up but can't be purchased before July 1: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1670 ... rops_Pack/

Cellphones will be an absolute game-changer for Uberust. In normal Rust, I don't see any utility for them really, unless say people start writing their numbers outside their bases and you can call in before raiding to negotiate, or to team up, etc. Maybe something like that could work.

This on the other hand has endless possibilities. I don't see how the servers won't end up a zoo. We might have to turn off the voice props from the settings menu... Otherwise, well, it will motivate everyone to get good at PVP at least.

I am still not clear if we can listen to real music with this. If so, I see helicopter rides with Wagner blaring; only thing we'll need at that point is napalm.

As for this I don't even. It makes me think of GTA for some reason, only MP. They are not even using the smoke machine or the strobe light you can purchase from the marketplace. I have both. Probably the deepest disco sim ever.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jun 2021 15:30

The arcade machine should allow us to upload ROMs, and the boombox should allow us to queue YouTube playlists. And they should make a TV we can craft that you can upload torrents to. Then no one would need to leave our base all weekend, and paired with a solid alarm system you'd have guards at the base 24/7. I wonder when they'll realize this. They already have 2/3 items in. All they need is the TV. And then just unlock the content for us.

And paired with the IFTTT system, even when you went to the bathroom irl you'd still get alarms if something happened.

Rust works better with IFTTT
https://ifttt.com/rust

IFTTT wrote:Connect your services and devices to the Rust survival game to enhance your notifications from the Rust companion app. Requires the PC version of Rust.

It can trigger your home alarm when your base alarm goes off.

icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Jul 2021 23:26

Passed 400 hours in Rust. That's not quite my most played game though, because if you add PA and PA: Titans, they are at about 600.

I have never played anything as much as these two games. LiF is a distant third at 188 hours just because that game is damned hard to play for long, and now it's gone and I can't play it again. Would have gladly played more wipes, but it still would never have caught up to Rust and PA just due to how much easier to play those are.

Of course for most people, PA and Rust are very hard, and LiF is unplayable lol.

What insane games they all are. Would have never even imagined them back in the '80s and '90s. Their very concept was unimaginable. We just thought we'd be playing sidescrollers with better graphics in the future lol.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Uberust