default header

The Best Videogame Player In The World

Rust

Moderator: JC Denton

Rust

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Jan 2018 22:17

I want to leave the Rust contest for the final day. We throw all participants into a small-ish map, and the ranking will go inversely of the order in which they die. The ultimate multiplayer game will serve as a fitting finale for the ultimate game contest.

It will be the only event whose scheduling will not be flexible. That's unfortunate, but unavoidable. The Olympics aren't scheduled around people's timetables either. If you want to participate, you just have to make sure you show up. It will be on a Saturday, so that shouldn't be hard if people get sufficient advance notice.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Jan 2018 22:32

Once the contest starts, it ends when there is one player left in the server. If that takes three days, so be it. If you want to sleep, or have to go, you are free to log off, but if you log off, you die. The genre is called "Survival" after all, and I want a contest format that does that name justice. If the whole thing ends with two guys turtling for half a day and trying to see who will fall asleep first, I am fine with that. It will be a fitting and unique test of endurance and willpower, like a Le Mans of gaming.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to The Best Videogame Player In The World