default header

Ultimate Edition

Title sequences

Moderator: JC Denton

Title sequences

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Aug 2021 13:15

ChevRage, Archonus and ExiledOne there’s a chance you’ll reach the title sequence on Sunday. This is a delicate operation that we only get one chance to get right and whatever we produce will get embedded in the overworld in World Anvil for all eternity. So I need all three of you to be streaming at 1080p60, so hopefully one of your streams comes out well. We only need one of them to come out well. So study how recoil did it here to be prepared: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJu5UqdA-tE

I think he has the battlemap pinned to the background, which is always a good idea, and when he hears the music come on, and it’s obvious I am running the title sequence, he closes all his other windows, and when the cover comes on he pins that to the background over the battlemap, and maximizes it so it can fill the screen. That’s all you need to do. And get that mouse pointer out of the image, and just basically sit still until it’s over. You can see in recoil’s video that I screwed one of the texts by sending it as a GM speech bubble, but dan showed me a way to do it so there’s no chance of repeating that mistake. But there’s still a lot of stuff to coordinate on the GM’s side, as he has to time the music and the sending of the cover etc., and there’s only one of him so if he messes up we’ll all be bummed. Once we move to Foundry it will be possible to just make a video and hit play and just sit back, relax and watch it, but Fantasy Grounds doesn’t support videos, so we’ll just have to get good at doing it this hacky way instead. And all this goes also for ysignal and Ciaróg who’ll be streaming for D&D1. You’ll have to stream Ciaróg because otherwise we’ll only have ysignal and that’s risky. All of you guys will have to run extensive stream checks right before the start to make sure the image and sound and music come out crystal clear at perfect sound levels. dan will also have to run a test of the YouTube music bot with you because we can’t use Syrinscape with copyrighted music. So the GM will be using not one but two music tools in the title sequence, and whenever we play copyrighted music in the game.

Finally, AFTER the session is over and you’ve cut the stream, you should immediately export it to my YouTube without waiting for me to ask you, and THEN you should also download it from your Twitch to your hard drive in case Twitch or YouTube censor them due to the copyrighted music, in which case they’ll be ruined.

If all goes well (and any party could die before reaching the title sequence lol; recoil’s party almost did), we could have three out of four title sequences done this weekend, and then hopefully we can do D&D4’s next weekend, and then Pathfinder Season 1 will be officially launched. It has 24 episodes, exactly as a TV show, with each one being a full year-long campaign. So a single group would need 24 years at the minimum to run all of them lol. And there are already four-five episodes of Season 2 out.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Ultimate Edition