default header

Battlegrounds

Overworld updates

Moderator: JC Denton

Overworld updates

Unread postby icycalm » 15 Jan 2021 14:50

The overworld can be accessed embedded on the Battlegrounds site: https://akbattlegrounds.net

Or directly on World Anvil: https://www.worldanvil.com/w/akbattlegr ... eb58c82f04

When you click on a pin (not merely mousing over, but actually clicking on it) remember to check whether an "Open map" button pops up at the top-left of the screen over the D&D Ultimate banner, in which case you can click on that to zoom into a new map.

As you can see, the Inner Sea Region map is no longer at the top, as I've had to add the Golarion map now that we have a group in Azlant. The new Golarion map is fully updated, with pins for Azlant and the Inner Sea Region (both of them with text descriptions, and in the Inner Sea Region's case even climate, trade and culture information), a campaign pin for the Ruins of Azlant campaign, and a party pin for D&D4 with all the characters' names (in the future I plan to add their pics too, I am just waiting until I have some time to figure out how to do it elegantly).

That's all the updates I have for now. I'll be working on more of them today and throughout the weekend. I hope by Monday or Tuesday to have the entire overworld fully updated. There's tons of shit to be added in, which is why it's taking me so long, but when it's done it will be incredible, you'll be able to zoom in from recoil's shop all the way to Robo's manor, and out again across a continent and into a lost island chain in the middle of a distant archipelago.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Overworld updates

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Mar 2024 04:22

I've updated the Sandpoint Hinterlands map after the end of Skeleton King's Crypt: https://akbattlegrounds.net/w/multivers ... a13440b5e8

I made two changes:

• Switched the exclamation mark color from black to gray. Black is for unlocked Master of Combat Scenarios, and grey is for completed scenarios/adventures/campaigns in general.

• Instead of the scenario description saying FOLLOW STORY it now says READ STORY.

I might create a more elaborate method of presenting completed adventures on the overworld in the future. One idea is to include the ENTIRE chatlog on the overworld, so that you won't have to click through to the forum to read it. Same with stream videos, perhaps I can find some way to embed them on the overworld. Technically I can do it already, but I am not sure of the best way to present them. I worry about the maps getting swamped with icons, and what to do about that. The upcoming Codex (=wiki) could also take some or all of that content. But for now, I am happy with the current simple presentation method. Once a bunch more content has been unlocked, and the maps are starting to get loaded with material, it'll be easier to see what the issues are, and take it from there.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Battlegrounds