default header

Cult Citizen

Buy Star Citizen with CULT's referral code for 5,000 UEC

Moderator: JC Denton

Buy Star Citizen with CULT's referral code for 5,000 UEC

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Aug 2022 22:39

This is our referral code: STAR-NYPR-DHWZ

You can use it when buying Star Citizen even if you don't plan to play with us. We appreciate the help. You get 5,000 UEC (United Earth Credits), and we get 1 RP (Recruitment Point) which gives us the following benefits: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/referral-program

It was stupid of me to not get the code from day 1, we'd be up to 6-7 RP by now. Oh well, better late than never. I will also post it up on the Insomnia frontpage permanently.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Buy Star Citizen with CULT's referral code for 5,000 UEC

Unread postby ExiledOne » 19 Aug 2022 16:19

I didn't use the sign-up code initially when I bought the game but I was able to get support to add the above code retroactively. I don't see the UEC when I login on the website though. No idea if it's supposed to show up later or is something I can only see in-game. I guess we should have another RP point too.

I also requested to join the organization.
ExiledOne

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Dec 2022 11:54

I got the Gladius (LTI) as reward for 10 referrals. I'll be reporting it in the Cult Fleet thread in a moment (after I've made some purchases), but let me say something here about the referral program.

When we first got into the game, we assumed that the referral would give to me/our org the same thing it gives to the person who is referred: in-game credits. But that's not how it works.

Scroll up this thread and check out the referral rewards. Almost ALL of them are basically free ships, UNTIL the very last two rewards. Up to that point, you have no reason to give the referrals to me, you can give them to each other, or to yourselves if you're making clone accounts. It's only the very last two rewards that are usable to the entire org, and they're pretty great. The penultimate gives you access to an exclusive in-game club that only a handful of players can access, and the ultimate gives you... a fucking Javelin, which is the biggest capital ship players can acquire, with a length of 2.7km I think it is, and a price of $3,000 and a crew of "12 – 80".

So you'd think it'd be worth it if everyone used my code for referrals. Only problem is... the number of referrals needed is insane: the club requires no fewer than 1042 lol, and the Javelin 2017. It'd be way easier for us to pitch in $3,000 to buy the Javelin outright than try to get 2017 people to buy the game using my code! As for the club, since I don't think you can buy access to that, we're still nowhere near 1042 referrals, unless I become the most famous cultural commentator on the planet. And even then we'd struggle. Even YouTubers can't get anywhere near these numbers outside of the top 4-5 ones for Star Citizen.

Where does that leave us?

Since the Gladius only requires 10 referrals, we could try getting Gladiuses for more people. The next reward up the scale is 25 referrals for three racing ships IN ARENA COMMANDER ONLY it says, so I don't give a shit. But it does give you an extra 15,000 UEC WHEN THE GAME FINALLY LAUNCHES, which again I don't care about. The next step up is 42 referrals, and none of us is ever getting there. So let's just get a few more free Gladiuses, they're excellent fighters, especially for piracy with the Solar Winds paint, and we could use some more with LTI.

So if you're interested in a free Gladius, check how many referrals you already have (I have no idea where to find this number, and I have looked), and come here and tell us the number, and your referral code. Whoever is closest to 10 will be getting all our referrals until he gets his Gladius, then we move to the next one.

It's not a very expensive ship, you can get one for 110 euros, or cheaper if you upgrade from a starter ship, so this whole business isn't super-important, but we may as well get a couple of these for free over the coming months and years as more people sign up, and perhaps also as we get more clones.

Btw I don't know if you get a referral bonus for buying a second game package. Probably not.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby shubn » 06 Dec 2022 14:42

You should be able to check your referrals in Account Settings > Referral Program: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/acco ... al-program
shubn

Unread postby shubn » 09 Dec 2022 15:20

I hadn't posted my code yet because I wanted to let others do it first, but with Luminalia 2952 currently going on, you get a free Argo MPUV with a single referral, so I figured what the hell.

Here's my code: STAR-9ZDB-P6DD

I currently have 0 referrals.
shubn

Unread postby ChevRage » 09 Dec 2022 16:09

My code: STAR-ZYLT-L2G6

I have one referral since I gave a friend my code ages back.
ChevRage

Return to Cult Citizen