default header

Cult Citizen

Spoilers

Moderator: JC Denton

Spoilers

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Aug 2022 23:28

Just a quick heads-up to say... don't look up the videos on "top ships" or "top moneymaking schemes", etc. YouTube is full of these kinds of videos, and they obviously spoil the fun of exploration and discovery. We didn't even look up flying tutorials before trying to fly ysignal's ship, and we still did alright. We got it off the ground! (even though we didn't get far).

So we'll only be looking up guides when absolutely necessary, or when we've ALREADY done something, just to make sure we didn't miss anything. When in doubt, DON'T WATCH IT, and just ask me about it in this thread.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Spoilers

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Aug 2022 23:37

These are the kinds of videos I am talking about. Stay away from them like the plague. You wanna find the best fighters? Go to the showrooms, walk around, look at the specs, rent the ships for a day, go for a drink with your friends and chat about the ships in-game. Do it the right way. We'll spend months and years figuring all this stuff out, and the content will never stop coming.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Spoilers

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Nov 2022 19:28

Here’s another rule I will be using to draw maximum enjoyment from the game. I’ll generally be using vehicles for their intended functions, even when this is mechanically suboptimal or even downright inefficient.

Here’s an example. After much work and sweat, we finally got a Hercules and it has 216 SCU cargo capacity. The dedicated cargo lifter Hull A meanwhile has “only” 64. There are bigger Hull ships you can buy, but only the Hull A is within our reach right now. So mechanically it doesn’t make sense to bother with it when we already have a Hercules. But how lame would it be to conduct all cargo hauling with a military bomber? So I will not be using the Hercules for cargo hauling (with some exceptions such as the Nine Tails Lockdown event which is a combat operation): I will be buying and using cargo ships exclusively for cargo hauling, even when it doesn’t make mechanical sense. I WANT to have reasons to fly all the ships in the game. And the way I will justify it for myself in terms of lore is that our Hercules is being serviced after our last combat mission so as to be ready for the next one, and command doesn’t want it used for hauling cargo or some shit. Adjudicator has shown us the way forward here with his making up of stories to explain bugs that he’s been posting on Discord.

And by the way, the fact we have to sometimes use such techniques to get the most out of the game doesn’t mean the game’s unbalanced. It’s just that we should have bought the cheaper Hull A long before we bought the Hercules to help us earn the Hercules more efficiently; we just brute-forced the purchase by having half a dozen people work for it while saving all our cash so we could have the bomber for Jumptown. I bet the Herc is way less efficient than similarly-sized dedicated cargo ships we can buy later. The Hull B for example carries 384 SCU (though it isn’t out yet).

So I look forward to buying a Hull A and doing some hauling soon.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cult Citizen