default header

Cult Citizen

Our organization: The Cult

Moderator: JC Denton

Our organization: The Cult

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Aug 2022 05:26

We have an organization: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UBERCULT

I've sent invites to ysignal, Some guy, Jameson and ExiledOne. You don't have to launch the game to accept, just log into the site and you can do it in your account.

I haven't filled out anything about our org beyond the one-line bio ("Cybernetic techno-Overmen guarding an ancient 21st-century artifact of infinite wisdom called “Orgy of the Will”. Turning sheer willpower into reality since 2077."), plus our main occupation (Infiltration), and the secondary one (Engineering, as in BIOengineering for Overmen). Our goal is to take over the universe, ergo "Infiltration" was the closest to it from all the available options.

All the graphics are default images (the skull is because I chose "Syndicate" out of the various types of organizations). All the fields I've left blank.

I will be putting A LOT of effort into this. Their system and lore are made to accommodate RIDICULOUS amounts of depth. How ridiculous precisely? I'll give you some hints.

This is their universe's timeline: https://starcitizen.tools/Historical_timeline

It starts at 300,000 BC lmao, and the current year is 2952 "and has so far ran 1:1 at real time plus 930 years. The events of Squadron 42 take place in the year 2945." The timeline includes Sumerians, the founding of Moscow, aliens, and, in 2038, "Roberts Space Industries founded by Chris Roberts." He wrote himself into his game's lore lmao. They have a whole team of writers churning out lore. It takes up several books' worth of pages already, apparently.

Some of the orgs are so believable that for a while I thought they were NPCs. Check this out:

https://www.medrunner.space
https://twitter.com/Medrunner_SC

These are PLAYERS who charge you a SUBSCRIPTION to come bail you out when you're in trouble. They have 266 members: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/MEDRUNNER

They've written their own lore timeline that fits inside the official, and the developers encourage this. They even want to take people's lore and make it official.

I will probably make a new website for our org, graphics, trailers, the works. You can post an entire novel in your org's page if you want. They even give you a full-featured forum/Discord-style space inside your org's page, check it out (but I suspect you must be in the org to access this page): https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spec ... y/UBERCULT

We probably won't be using this since we have the forum plus Discord, but it's cool to see how complex their system is. Most org leaders don't have established communities and sites like I do, and Star Citizen gives them all the web tools they will need immediately, and for free. They've pulled out all the stops on absolutely every aspect of the game.

The rabbit hole goes very deep here, and imma go all the way.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Our organization: The Cult

Unread postby icycalm » 27 Aug 2022 05:01

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs ... LT/members

Note that some people have only updated one of their names. You need to update both to the CULTxusername format.

As for the avatar, I tried uploading mine in two browsers (Firefox + Opera), and both uploads failed repeatedly. I guess I'll install some more browsers and try again, or try from the Shadow. If you can upload an avatar, you should. Use the same one you use everywhere.

Eventually, once we have finalized the faces (because we'll have to redo them eventually), I would like to use the faces as avatars. But that will take a while, so until then the org page will look cooler with our normal avatar images rather than the generic default dude.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Launching Cult Org (cultcitizen.org)

Unread postby icycalm » 16 Sep 2022 03:59

Launching Cult Org (cultcitizen.org)
https://www.patreon.com/posts/72024394

icycalm wrote:That's what Star Citizen is then, the ultimate supergame, all the while everyone else is playing Tetris on Steam (all the games on Steam are basically Tetris compared to the Star Citizen scenarios I described above).
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Aug 2023 22:12

We had a great day yesterday streaming SC for 12+ hours and utilizing new ships to a new level of effectiveness. Lots of pics taken but I haven't been keeping up with updating the Cult Screenshots thread, I plan to do that early next week.

The main accomplishment was crewing ysignal's Hammerhead with 5 people: the pilot and 4 gunners. There were two more guns we lacked the crew to man, so we got a mere 2 people from fully crewing the biggest warship currently in the game. The Carrack and the 890J are bigger in size, but they aren't warships, and they require a smaller crew. Check this:

Hammerhead crew: 2-9

890 Jump crew: 1-8

Carrack crew: 6

I don't know how the Hammerhead's crew can get to 9. There are only 6 turrets plus the pilot's seat, I suppose the extra 2 must be engineering, but those functions aren't in the game yet.

So the next step is to get those 2 more people in the Hammerhead, and then we move to... 2 Hammerheads. Adjudicator has one but he wasn't available yesterday. We could also use more Hammerheads because only ysignal and Adjudicator own one so they'd both have to be playing for us to use two simultaneously. Every extra one helps as it makes it more likely to get two online at the same time. Standalone price is a steep $725, but it can be got for $600 Warbond and there is even at least one for sale right now at the Impound for a mere $460 with LTI: https://theimpound.com/collections/aegi ... alone-ship

I definitely want one but I have other priorities right now with the Hull C coming up plus several unique variants/skins etc. I am tracking and trying to nab when I find decent deals of them.

The goal is to ultimately be able to crew a whole fleet including multiple Javelins that can have a crew of 80 people each.

That is the plan, and we're well on our way there.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Our organization: The Cult

Unread postby icycalm » 09 Aug 2023 19:10

This is from Saturday during the Wake of Disaster mission [ > ]. We had 7 players and would have had 8, but we took too long getting everyone together and gearing up at the spaceport, so one had to drop out. We also had a clone, Adjudicator's, so the total number of characters in game was 8. The coolest thing was that we had to split in two voice channels, one for the Hammerhead I commanded, and one for the Reclaimer ysignal commanded. He had to keep jumping between the channels to report, so we'll have to find some solution where commanders from different channels can talk between themselves without having to do that. Mumble has such a feature where you press a button and you can talk to the other person in the other channel while muting you in your current channel. So no one knows there's even any communication going on besides the two people concerned. Unfortunately Discord has yet to implement such a feature. There is a Discord competitor called Guilded that might have this feature. Failing that, I wonder if we can use Mumble just for the officers. That would be easier than getting everyone on Mumble. And let's face it, Mumble in 2023 sucks in every other aspect except this one.

I look forward to operations utilizing 3 and more channels. I think the maximum of players viable for one channel is about 7-8 (determined experimentally via years of Rust), which fortunately also happens to be the maximum crew for the biggest ship in Star Citizen right now, the Hammerhead. I wonder how it will be with larger ships. The next large ship coming up that we know about is the Polaris, and that is listed in the wiki as 6-14 crew. The upper part of that range is certainly above the number of people I'd allow in say a Rust or LiF channel, so to make it work in Star Citizen we'll have to maintain some radio discipline. You won't be able to have 10 people joking nonstop in the middle of a mission, I don't think. And if the engineering mechanics come online and we fully-crew this ship, we might have to split the divisions across channels as I see no sane way of having 14 people in the same channel.

We're basically in a race against CIG to catch up with their ship releases so as to be able to fully crew their largest ships. Right now, we're caught up. If they drop a larger ship on us out of nowhere, I'll immediately do some furious recruiting to fully crew it. But even without a larger ship coming online, I'll still have plenty of goals to aim for as you can build and crew an entire fleet already. A couple of Hammerheads with a bunch of fighters and support ships (Starfarer, Cutlass Red) and a Carrack as a command center would be the ultimate goal right now. And why not also a landing force alongside those, with a Valkyrie as dropship and an M2 carrying a vehicle force? I'd say that should be about 30-40 players. So that's my goal for the medium term.

If you have this size of force, aside from utterly dominating in Dynamic Events, you can take on 50v50 org battles to fully utilize it:

Multi-Org 50 v 50 Player Battle With Asgard & Marskin Nyrkki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkUbQhAlOek

Not sure why the image says 40v40. Also, the numbers can go higher, as the typical server now is 110, and I've seen it go up to 140 or so iirc. So it could go up to 75v75 if you can get in the right server. 200-player servers have also been tested, so 100v100 might be reachable in the near future. That's definitely PlanetSide-level numbers.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cult Citizen