default header

Cult Citizen

Org Discord

Moderator: JC Denton

Org Discord

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Aug 2022 03:59

I made the @Star Citizens role and gave it to the 9 people currently in the org. I'll be giving it automatically to everyone who joins the org, but you can also ask me to remove it if you won't be playing often and don't want the frequent pings.

Use the role specifically in the #star-citizen channel, especially when you're planning to play and want to see if anyone's available to join you. I can also give this role to your non-CULT friends, regardless of whether or not they join our org. Just let me know.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Discord

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Sep 2023 21:30

Discord now allows the labeling of voice channels. The first person to jump in a voice channel can label it, and then he can keep changing the label. As you can see in the pic above, ysignal is using it to signal that he and Adjudicator are prepping for Jumptown. It's a very useful feature as people can tell what you're doing even without looking at your stream. It can also be used to signify the major activity in a channel where several people are hanging out just for the chatting, but doing different things.

Try to use this feature as much as you can, and as effectively as you can. It won't be terribly useful until we have dozens of people using multiple channels simultaneously while spread out over the galaxy, and then it will be a powerful feature to help people choose which team to join. Until then, do the best you can with it.

P.S. I think only the person who first jumps in the channel can change the label, but I am not sure. Need to figure it all out.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Org Discord

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Oct 2023 20:45

What's the better communication tool for SC operations like Jumptown?
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... ool_for_sc

_The_Prov_ wrote:What challenges do you encounter when coordinating larger groups (10+) through Discord?

Masterjts wrote:Teamspeak stomps the shit out of Discord. You can program channel hierarchy and broadcast on different channels or to specific people with different keys as well as assign people to left or right channel so that leaders all talk on the left channel and squadmates on the right channel. That doesn't even factor in the plugin support for TS.

The only thing that comes close is DCS SimpleRadio SRS but that is very much use case specific to flight games. I'd love to one day see a SRS for SC though.

People love Discord because it's all in one voice, text, video chat and streaming and free... but it doesn't come close to programs specifically designed for talking to large groups.

I am setting up a TS for us soon.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cult Citizen