default header

Cult Citizen

Cult Fleet

Moderator: JC Denton

Re: Cult Fleet

Unread postby icycalm » 25 Mar 2023 15:25

Yep we can see your loaners by the italicization. As for the Reclaimer, I was just giving out general guidelines for the org, not specifically criticizing your choices. It’s just a fact that for the purposes of the org it’s better if industrial ships go to clones. But of course the complexities of CIG’s pledge mechanics means this isn’t always possible, and in some cases not even desirable. It’s all good, everyone’s choices are ultimately personal, but I will keep giving out general guidelines as it’s my job as the org leader.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Adjudicator » 27 Mar 2023 02:20

The idea came up just after purchasing the Carrack during IAE 2952 (November 2022), when I noticed that I can name/rename it. However, I realised that the name was not logical given that it does not fit the default Carrack's appearance or the IAE 2952 Best in Show paint, but it fits the Carrack Expedition paint extremely well.

Due to the inefficient cost of obtaining a Carrack-to-Carrack Expedition CCU on the grey market, this motivated me to aim for obtaining a game package containing the Carrack Expedition.

The name "White Whistle" is a big shout out to the exploration manga/anime series Made in Abyss.

I must forewarn prospective newcomers interested in the series I mentioned to take to heart icycalm's aphorisms §137 (Children can and will die) and §1012 (Children can and will have bad things happen to them, deal with it) from Orgy of the Will.
Adjudicator

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Apr 2023 16:39

Adjudicator and Exiled, go buy yourselves a Gladius each with money from the bank. Report here asap once you have them.

We could also use a Super Hornet for Chev, but it costs about 1.18 million more than the bank currently has, after we’ve subtracted the Gladiuses. We can send about 500k to the bank from our individual accounts’ starting money, and that would bring down the required sum to about 600-700k. If we can earn that before Saturday, that would be awesome. If we can’t, Chev can take my Super Hornet or recoil’s or shubn’s or Adjudicator’s, but it’s better if he has his own because then he would be able to rejoin the fight much faster if he gets shot down during a Dynamic Event, so let’s see if we can get him his ship by Saturday.

Everyone else will have their own ships though with the above purchases, so we’re all set for XT. More details on tactics and discussion coming soon in a new XT thread.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby shubn » 28 Apr 2023 17:25

Everyone should in theory have an Arrow, Gladius, and Blade loaners. These were given because Arena Commander renting was broken in 3.18.1 or something. I thought they would be gone in 3.18.2, but I still have them. I checked CULTCLONE-1, and he has them as well.
shubn

Unread postby ChevRage » 30 Apr 2023 04:00

I've purchased a Super Hornet.
ChevRage

Unread postby icycalm » 02 May 2023 22:22

The CULTCLONE-3 I just registered has a Mustang Alpha and will soon be getting a referral bonus. I'll post here when it does.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 04 May 2023 21:18

I bought the Nova and the Cyclone MT.
recoil

Unread postby ysignal » 05 May 2023 13:35

I bought the A2 Hercules LTI with cash for my main account. Here's my updated fleet:

CULTxysignal: Aurora MR, STV, Mule, Avenger Titan, Hull A, Buccaneer, Cutlass Black, Centurion, Corsair, A2 Hercules Starlifter
ysignal

Unread postby shubn » 06 May 2023 06:49

I bought a Ballista and Cyclone MT with aUEC.
shubn

Unread postby ChevRage » 06 May 2023 09:30

CULTCLONE-1 now has an A2 Hercules Starlifter and a Cyclone MT. I'll update the bank thread once I've purchased all the Commander gear.
ChevRage

Unread postby ExiledOne » 06 May 2023 19:45

I bought a Cyclone MT and a Centurion with aUEC.
ExiledOne

Unread postby Adjudicator » 06 May 2023 19:49

My account has just purchased a Cyclone MT and a Ballista with aUEC.
Adjudicator

Unread postby shubn » 07 May 2023 10:57

I bought an Eclipse with aUEC.
shubn

Unread postby ysignal » 07 May 2023 13:05

I added a Nova and a Cutter to my fleet (cash purchases).
ysignal

Unread postby ysignal » 07 May 2023 14:40

I also melted my Hull A.
ysignal

Unread postby ysignal » 09 May 2023 16:41

I bought a C8R Pisces and the Code Blue paint (cash).
ysignal

Unread postby shubn » 11 May 2023 03:14

I bought a PTV, STV, Cyclone RC and Vanguard Sentinel with aUEC.
shubn

Unread postby ysignal » 11 May 2023 14:26

I bought a 300i (cash).
ysignal

Unread postby icycalm » 12 May 2023 07:49

Figured out a lot of things today, including how to take good pictures. Will make a post about that soon. P.S. That's my new official outfit, which I will also spec out soon (only the backpack's missing, because it's coming in 3.19), plus note the switch in positions between medgun and multi-tool.

So I ended up buying a Retaliator Bomber with the lion's share of our last Jumptown spoils, instead of the Prowler I'd said I'd buy. shubn sent me the last 400k I needed for the Prowler, but once I received it, I took another look at the vehicle spec for my rank that I'd just published, trying to identify which of the ships in there that were within our reach would give us the most bang for our buck, and the Retaliator was the easy choice. The Prowler is a dropship that can only be used in 1/4 of the current Dynamic Events—Jumptown—and even there, it's not an essential ship. You can drop people with every other ship in the game, anything with cargo space, or even just with interior space, you don't need a dedicated dropship. The Prowler would have just delivered us in style, and maybe a bit faster, and with some stealth? All of which are awesome, but they don't compensate for the fact that the Retaliator is basically essential for taking down the capital ships in XenoThreat, and can also help with taking down the Hammerheads in Nine Tails Lockdown much faster than with fighters. And even in Jumptown the Retaliator should be terrific in smoking A2s, Carracks, 890Js, Connies, and basically all the large ships that tend to show up there. And on top of all that, it can drop as many troops as you want. In fact, the Retaliator is supposed to have several versions eventually, one of which will be a dropship and look like this inside:

It can carry 12 troops. So we're not too far off the mark by using the bomber version as a dropship. And by making me both a bomber and a dropship pilot in Jumptown, we free up shubn so that instead of flying his Eclipse he can be on the ground where the hard work is. In fact it was a waste of money to buy his Eclipse at this stage, we could have bought our clones some industrial vehicles with that money. But anyway, we're learning, and our purchase order will be more refined for the next wipe. The main lesson here is that the Retaliator is extremely helpful in 3/4 Dynamic Events, so its early purchase in every wipe is a no-brainer. The only event it's not useful in is Siege of Orison, but no ship is useful there (apart from the ones you find inside) since it's an FPS event.

In other news, my main account received its P-52 Merlin referral reward. CUTCLONE-3 also received it, and I promptly upgraded it to an Arrow. Both my clones and my main account have Arrows now that can be used as snubs on a Carrack's deck. Finally, I replaced CULTCLONE-3's Mustang Alpha Starter Pack with a grey market Cutter Starter Pack for the LTI. All three of my accounts now have the exact same LTI Cutter Starter Packs.

So what should be our next purchases? From now on, I'll be posting them here instead of Discord.

First off, everyone can buy whatever they want with their own labor and their own money. Go for an 890J if you want, and more power to you. When I set goals here, I am setting them for the org as a whole, to be purchased with the bank's money. Just making that clear, if it wasn't already.

So next up we really ought to get our clones set up with all the industrial vehicles available. Clone 1 has a Vulture, so we're set with salvaging for a while. Clone 2 then needs the mining vehicles. Of course a Prospector, but I would also like a ROC, a ROC-DS, and a Nomad to carry them around. Now you might say the Prospector renders the latter three useless, but I just want to experience all types of mining and don't care about efficiency at the start. Besides, 3.19 introduces tremendous changes to mining to the point where they're making even hand-mining with the multi-tool viable by placing super-rare and expensive ores deep in caves. So that's where I'll start, then move on to ROC mining (with the ROC-DS in reserve in case anyone wants to drop in on me and help me out), and only then will I move to the Prospector, and eventually the Mole. But forget about the Mole for now, it's too expensive. We just need:

INDUSTRIAL -> CULTCLONE-2
ROC 172,000 aUEC
ROC-DS 176,500 aUEC
Nomad 952,800 aUEC
Prospector 2,061,000 aUEC

Don't forget to buy the vehicles with the correct clone! Before buying something for a clone, double-check you have the correct one by checking this thread, or asking me on Discord if you still have doubts!

And by the way, it makes perfect sense to buy industrial vehicles for the clones. It makes no sense at all for my Supreme Commander guy to go around mining, but it makes perfect sense for the org's clones to do that work. So even in terms of roleplaying, our arrangements are solid.

Now for the military side of the operation, we could use a Super Hornet for ysignal, so that all officers will have their fighters, though this is not a priority since plenty of us have Super Hornets to loan him, plus his hand is still injured so he can't even fly it. Still, we need to buy this at some point, so I am putting it on the list.

MILITARY -> ysignal
F7C-M Super Hornet 2,132,600 aUEC

And for the personal side, this is just a recommendation, but if you want a new way to make some cash while having fun, you could save up for a racer and get into racing. We won't be buying racers for clones because there's a whole rep system and track unlocking, and I think also lap-time-saving? So it's best if all this stuff is individual. You can race with anything, but if you want to set a target for yourself, here's what the pros use:

Racing doesn't pay very well, reportedly, compared to other things you could be doing, but it should be a nice change of pace from the other professions, and should help keep you in the verse longer, and earning money.

And that's it for now. If you have any other ideas regarding purchase priorities, post them here and we'll discuss them.

P.S. No need to mention when you use aUEC for your purchases. That's assumed for all purchases. Only mention when you use cash.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby shubn » 17 May 2023 21:36

With 3.19, I lost every ship and some vehicles purchased with aUEC. The only remaining ones are the Ballista, HoverQuad, PTV, STV, and Cyclone MT.

I also melted my Hurricane. This means I also don't have the Super Hornet loaner anymore. Though I do have my HoverQuad back.
shubn

Unread postby shubn » 19 May 2023 14:06

I bought a Mule.
shubn

Unread postby shubn » 19 May 2023 19:03

I bought two Furys and two Fury MXs with cashmoney.

lol
shubn

Unread postby Discord BOT » 19 May 2023 23:38

CULT|Adjudicator
This pack makes sense if a player has a need for 12 LTI tokens and already planned the various CCU chains to ships with a final value greater than USD 55.

The disadvantage is that the 12 ships are coupled together as part of the pack, and undoing the ship upgrades requires the whole pack to be melted to store credit and repurchased again.

CULT|shubn
Yeah that's why I'm buying them separate.
The pack makes sense for an org also.
Originally posted in the Insomnia Discord.

Insomnia Discord bot powered by proprietary next gen next level neural networked quantum learning self aware AI developed by Cult Games.
Discord BOT

PreviousNext

Return to Cult Citizen