default header

Cult Citizen

Cult Fleet

Moderator: JC Denton

Re: Cult Fleet

Unread postby ysignal » 20 Sep 2022 02:50

I also bought the Greycat ROC for use with the Nomad.
ysignal

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Sep 2022 05:06

The Nomad is called "medium" on the official site, but the wikis (there are two of them) have it categorized as "Small" and "Light Freight".

Actually the official site says "Imagine the versatility of a medium-sized, multi-purpose freighter packed into a compact frame." So it's not saying it's medium, it says it functions as medium even though it's "compact". So the wikis are probably correct.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Sep 2022 17:08

I bought the RSI Scorpius off a reseller site for $260 including a sick LE paint scheme, pictured above. Weirdly, I also received another ship in the game which I hadn't ordered, though it's not showing on my account on the RSI website. So perhaps it is a bug, or some kind of trial version, so I am not adding it here for the time being. Very cool ship too, apparently, "The closest to the Military load-out as is legally possible for a Civilian model": https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... per-hornet
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Sep 2022 17:38

CULT FLEET
icycalm: Scorpius, Arrow, Mustang Alpha, ROC, HoverQuad, 2x PTV
ysignal: Arrow, Nomad, Avenger Titan, ROC, HoverQuad, Cyclone TR, PTV
recoil: Arrow, Avenger Titan, ROC-DS, HoverQuad, Ursa, PTV
ChevRage: Arrow, Aurora MR, ROC, HoverQuad, PTV
ExiledOne: Aurora MR
Some guy: Mustang Alpha
Archonus: Avenger Titan, HoverQuad
Adjudicator: Vanguard Sentinel, Avenger Titan
Jameson: Aurora MR
Kojiero: Mustang Alpha
SriK: Aurora MR
Ciaróg: Avenger Titan
earthboundtrev: Aurora MR
shubn: Avenger Titan

As always let me know of any errors.

I was stunned at how much bigger the Scorpius is than the Arrows, and also by how small the Arrows are in general; they're smaller than the Aurora, and you can fit 4-5 of them in the space a single Scorpius occupies. But then again the Scorpius is a heavy fighter and a two-seater to boot. Consider that it occupies almost as much space as the Sentinel which has bunk beds inside it. I don't think the Scorpius has interior space at all. It carries 16 missiles!

P.S. The only reason I paid to win this ship is because that's the only way to get it until at least next spring (and the paint scheme you will never be able to get without paying). Much more in an upcoming essay.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ChevRage » 22 Sep 2022 16:11

I've bought a Nomad and a Cyclone AA.
ChevRage

Unread postby recoil » 22 Sep 2022 16:47

I now have the Cyclone TR, the ROC and the Nomad.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 09 Oct 2022 19:36

Bought the just-released Greycat STV with real cashmoney because that's the only way to get new vehicles for the first few months. Note that if you want LTI, you need to get it from a reseller, not from the official site, which is what I did. I'll post more later in the real cashmoney thread [ > ]. If you're thinking of buying anything soon, let me know and I'll give you the lowdown sooner.

Moreover, I'll be adding to our fleet and using the F7C-M Super Hornet that was given to me as a loaner for my Scorpius because apparently the Scorpius doesn't have its full functionality in the game yet. Maybe the turret isn't working, I am not sure. Either way, I have both ships in the game, so we may as well use them. At first I thought I didn't want to use the Super Hornet because it feels like pay-to-win, but now that I've realized how much stuff there is to buy in this game and that this one extra ship is a drop in the bucket, I don't mind using it. This means that currently I have a Scorpius, a Super Hornet AND an Arrow, so I can give the latter two to other people when we're flying big missions, or whenever anyone wants them basically. So next time we tackle Nine Tails Lockdown or any other big space fight event or mission, we will have available a Scorpius, a Super Hornet and four Arrows. That's a formidable six-ship squad that should get a few more of us over the finish line. Note that the Scorpius is designated as a heavy fighter, the Super Hornet as medium, and the Arrows as light, so we've all the bases covered. And it's not as simple as heavy > medium > light. The lights are in fact the best for pure dogfighting apparently. We'll have to figure out how tactics work.

So now I have THREE vehicles that no one else has: the Scorpius, the Super Hornet and the STV. If you want to try any of them at any time, just find me in the game and hit me up, I'll be glad to loan them to you.

God I love this game.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ChevRage » 10 Oct 2022 16:27

My HoverQuad has been replaced by a MISC Hull A.
ChevRage

Unread postby recoil » 10 Oct 2022 17:14

I now own the MISC Prospector.
recoil

Unread postby Adjudicator » 13 Oct 2022 15:59

I have purchased the following Warbond pledge package:

Planetside Delivery Pack - Greycat STV and MISC Freelancer

MISC Freelancer in this package was upgraded into the MISC Prospector by using a Ship Upgrade paid item to transform the MISC Freelancer in that package into a MISC Prospector.

I now have a Greycat STV and a MISC Prospector in my account, both with Lifetime Insurance.
Adjudicator

Unread postby shubn » 14 Oct 2022 22:09

A HoverQuad appeared in my hangar. I'm guessing it's got something to do with this: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... rral-Bonus
shubn

Unread postby Adjudicator » 16 Oct 2022 11:20

I have also purchased the Crusader Spirit Collection Warbond pack, due to the package bulk and Warbond discount. It contains the following concept ships that are not ready, but "loaner" ships are provided as a substitute.

Crusader A1 Spirit - medium bomber (Loaner: MISC Freelancer MIS)

Crusader C1 Spirit - medium cargo ship (Loaner: Drake Cutlass Black multirole cargo/vehicle carrier)

Crusader E1 Spirit - 6-passenger executive craft (Loaner: Drake Cutlass Steel infantry dropship)

My account also has a Consolidated Outland Hoverquad from my brother using my referral code when he bought his starter pack during the previous event.
Adjudicator

Unread postby icycalm » 16 Oct 2022 19:07

That's pretty cool, it means we'll have all three of these ships half a year to a year before they're purchasable in shops, just like we have my Scorpius now. And now we have two STVs. Looking forward to entering some races with those.

I encourage people to spend real cashmoney on Star Citizen, especially for stuff that isn't yet available to purchase in-game. Don't break the bank, but if you can afford to spend some money, do it. Think also of all the crappy Steam games you're no longer buying because you're just playing SC.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ysignal » 17 Oct 2022 13:14

I bought the Greycat STV (Warbond).
ysignal

Unread postby ysignal » 22 Oct 2022 06:43

I bought a Spirit C1 (Warbond). The loaner is a Cutlass Black.
ysignal

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Oct 2022 19:17

Bought the glorious A2 Hercules Starlifter with 5,525,000 aUEC earned by half a dozen people. I didn't earn one credit I don't think, but that's really because I've been spending so much time posting SC content in the forum and on Patreon. I plan to balance that out with less posting and more playing in future, starting from this weekend.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Oct 2022 21:31

Bought the Drake Mule with real cashmoney because it's new and can't be purchased any other way, and we could use it in Jumptown tonight. Bought some paints for it too.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Adjudicator » 29 Oct 2022 22:01

Purchased the Anvil Centurion anti-air platform using real cashmoney, as it is a vehicle that cannot be purchased in game with credits yet.

It also comes with Lifetime Insurance via upgrading a Warbond STV.

This vehicle, being energy-based, can stay in the battlefield indefinitely and provide not just anti-air firepower, but possibly also anti-surface fire as long as the vehicle is well positioned to allow its turret to depress low enough.
Adjudicator

Unread postby Adjudicator » 30 Oct 2022 07:47

Further to my posts above, I only recently noticed that I also have two loaners in my in-game ship inventory which are not obvious at first glance until I re-read the official post about loaner ships.

It was my mistake not realising that these were loaners until now.

I somehow have an Anvil Arrow, which had no obvious reason, until I read this point:

Due to the current restrictions in Arena Commander, certain ships have a secondary loaner to allow them to play in all game modes. For example, Freelancer owners receive an Anvil Arrow for use in Arena Commander play modes.

The only feasible explanation was the the loaner Freelancer MIS (substitute for the Crusader Spirit A1) itself provided a loaner Anvil Arrow.

The other loaner ship was the RSI Aurora MR, obtained due to pledging for the Greycat STV.
Adjudicator

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Oct 2022 08:21

Why would the STV need a loaner? And why would the loaner for a ground vehicle be an Aurora?

You must be mixing something up.

You are telling me you have:

-Arrow
-Aurora MR

?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Adjudicator » 30 Oct 2022 10:21

I am just as confused as to why would the STV provide an Aurora MR loaner.

It is a drivable vehicle and appears to be fully functional, yet the Aurora is officially listed as a loaner on the table showing "Your Ship" and "Our Loaner(s)" row number 56: https://support.robertsspaceindustries. ... hip-Matrix

Cloud Imperium Games wrote:Your Ship: STV
Our Loaner(s): Aurora MR
Adjudicator

Unread postby recoil » 31 Oct 2022 23:57

I added a Freelancer and a STV to the fleet through a Warbond pack.
recoil

PreviousNext

Return to Cult Citizen