default header

Cult Citizen

Real Ca$hmoney

Moderator: JC Denton

Re: Real cashmoney

Unread postby Adjudicator » 31 Oct 2022 08:19

icycalm wrote:I want to spend $1,000 ONCE, and use this money to keep buying and melting ships in order to keep buying and melting ships. Is this possible?

Yes, this is possible.

Note the 24-hour "cooldown" period from purchasing a pledge (new money or store credit) before you are allowed to reclaim it for store credit.

As long as the pledge is not on cooldown, you can keep on recycling pledges for store credit which can then be used to purchase other items that are currently available on the pledge store, or using the pledge buyback tool to re-obtain a previously melted package (using a store credit buyback token, with limitations).

Note that store credit purchased pledges are locked to the account and are non-giftable to other accounts. Since store credit is generated from a melted pledge that has already been taxed, the store credit used against an order will not be charged tax.
Adjudicator

Unread postby Adjudicator » 08 Nov 2022 06:24

This YouTube video best explains the concept of Warbond sales, ship upgrades—formerly called Cross Chassis Upgrades (CCUs)—hull-limited ships, pledge melting, pledge buybacks and store credit pledge buyback tokens.

Crucially, it also demonstrates and gives clear examples on how to use these together to maximise your real cashmoney and/or store credit to get the ship at a lower pledge cost than its sticker price.

The discounts can be significant especially for major ship release events like Invictus Week (around mid- to end-May of the year) and Intergalactic Aerospace Expo (IAE—mid-November to end-November/early-December of the year).

The CCU Guide - Jargon Busting & Understanding the CCU Game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0fqOAIgGBs

Adjudicator

Unread postby Adjudicator » 18 Nov 2022 21:23

The Drake Cutter IAE 2952 Starter Pack comes with Lifetime Insurance as this is the first time the Drake Cutter is launched.

This starter pack is currently being offered at a 25% discount, which means that for this IAE, the Warbond Drake Cutter is as cheap as a basic Aurora MR Starting pack.

There is also an Anvil C8X Pisces Expedition IAE Warbond starter pack, but since this is not the first time this ship was launched, this Warbond only has 120-month insurance instead of LTI.

My recommendation: Melt your starter package and ship for pledge store credit.

EDIT: Disregard this advice if your starter pack is from the original Kickstarter or from the early Alpha (Like ChevRage's 2015 pack which has both Star Citizen and Squadron 42 bundled together for a lower price), as they often contain discounts and / or unique pledge items that cannot be obtained at the lower prices.

Use real cashmoney to get the Warbond Drake Cutter game starter pack.

Use store credit to get your original ship standalone if you still like your Aurora or Mustang starter.

Avenger Titan owners have the option of Chassis Upgrading the Cutter back to the Avenger Titan by using the Ship Upgrade tab and using $10 of store credit to obtain a Drake Cutter to Avenger Titan ship upgrade—the price difference between the Drake Cutter (USD 45) and the Avenger Titan (USD 55).

This allows you to benefit from the 25% discount and use the remaining pledge store credit to get back your original starter standalone or to get other small items like unique paints or minor ship upgrades.
Adjudicator

Unread postby Adjudicator » 21 Nov 2022 14:42

After doing some more store purchases, pledge consolidation, along with purchasing and gifting items for my brother, I noticed that my account has gained Concierge access (also known as Chairman's Club).

This requires a minimum total real money pledge of USD 1000, with the exception of pledges gifted by other accounts to your account: https://support.robertsspaceindustries. ... nd-Rewards

Cloud Imperium Games Support wrote:As you contribute to Star Citizen and Squadron 42 with pledges, you may earn membership and levels within Concierge, also known as the Chairman's Club.

All pledges made on a single account will count towards these rewards. Gifts to the account however, do not count. Rewards cannot be shared across multiple accounts.

ACCESS TO THE PTU

We welcome all of our VIP members to join us in the PTU. When the PTU is open to the 1st Wave (After Evocati), you can install the PTU Launcher and help with testing and previewing the next release before it's live. For more information, see the Public Test Universe (PTU) FAQ.

CHAIRMAN'S CLUB

The Chairman's Club was introduced in January of 2018. This included a new section of the account for all things Concierge, including your current rank within the club and what rewards to receive. Through this club, you can submit and review support tickets, as well as check in with the Concierge Services FAQ for the most recent topics and questions.

While they are essentially the same, the Chairman's Club has more in game ties and lore behind it, which we'll further expand on what Concierge members will expect to see in the final game as time goes on.

There will be even more for Chairman's Club members to enjoy, including in person events hosted by our staff provided in intimate settings, limited merchandise designed with comfort and style in mind, and exclusive pledges only available to Concierge members.

There are several ranks of the Chairman's Club:

USD 1000 - High Admiral
USD 2500 - Grand Admiral
USD 5000 - Space Marshal
USD 10000 - Wing Commander
USD 15000 - Praetorian
USD 25000 - Legatus Navium

Concierge status also allows me to see and obtain pledges which non-Chairman's Club members are unable to obtain. This screen capture tells a lot about how extreme some of the pledge packs are. Note the Black and Gold Lion icon means that only Concierge/Chairman's Club can see or buy these items.

The other game package options for Chairman's Club pledge level members to consolidate excess store credit are just as stunning.

I just looked into the Praetorian pack's contents to see what it is.

The description of this pack gives this feeling:

Developers: "What do you want in the game?"

Praetorian-level player: "Yes."

There is even a USD 40K pack which I, a mere High Admiral (lowest Chairman's Club level), am unable to access, according to this Reddit topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... st_dropped

I also note the Praetorian Pack is the only current way to get the original, military-specification Idris class frigate (known as Idris-M). The only other time players can get the Idris-M is pledging for an additional 1k USD back in the 2013 Kickstarter. These Reddit topics explain about the Idris-M, and how some disillusioned original backers sold them on the grey market:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... ism_pledge
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... ailability

The second link contains a post that is extremely informative:

As has already been stated, it won't be made available standalone again, only the P version is.

If you grab a P you'll be able to upgrade it to a M in game (eventually).

If you absolutely must have a M now, your only option is the Praetorian or Legatus pack ($15K and $40K respectively). You used to be able to get them on the grey market (at crazy mark-ups) but they aren't giftable anymore either (they used to be the most expensive giftable item before the change).

Alternatively, they also offer the K upgrade kit, which adds a S10 laser beam instead of a railgun, and some other changes I can't remember off the top of my head. Those are available at the same time the P version is.

The mere existence of a 40K USD Legatus Pack... This means a mere low-level Concierge/Chairman's Club member like me cannot even see that, but it exists.
Adjudicator

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Nov 2022 18:26

Quick question: If I make a new account and buy the Cutter starter pack plus the just-announced new medical Pisces, could I then gift the Cutter to my icycalm account, but keeping the game package for the new account?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Nov 2022 23:25

Something to note is that when you buy or upgrade a vehicle, in your shopping cart you get offered paints for it. But the prices for those paints are usually worse than if you had bought the paints as a package from the store, plus it doesn't always show you all the paints there. So basically when buying paints, do your research, don't just add them to your cart. I just google the name of the ship + "paints" and I find them in the store. And note that there tend to be also limited edition paints that might have only been available to Concierge members, or during events etc., and you can buy those in the grey market. So you can research that too on Star Citizen Wiki, if you're crazy about paints.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Adjudicator » 24 Nov 2022 01:43

icycalm wrote:Quick question: If I make a new account and buy the Cutter starter pack plus the just-announced new medical Pisces, could I then gift the Cutter to my icycalm account, but keeping the game package for the new account?

No. The ships come with the game package. You melt the package, the ship attached to the package gets melted with it.

There is no current way to buy a game package standalone with no ship at all.

When I melted my Titan and got the Drake Cutter game package, I added back the Squadron 42 add-on and upgraded a Cutter to a Titan and saved about $10 due to the Warbond savings on the Cutter starter pack.

This put my Avenger Titan + Star Citizen + Squadron 42 starter pack in my pledge buyback list, as this screen capture shows:

The Titan, the Star Citizen game package and Squadron 42 game are all coupled together.

As a game account can ONLY possess one Drake Cutter Warbond starter pack at a time, the most cost-efficient value is to simply get one Cutter Warbond starter pack for each account.

The primary account can then use the game package as an NPC or keep the Warbond Drake Cutter for future gifting/grey market trading.
Adjudicator

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Nov 2022 04:25

So apparently buying a Galaxy jpeg is a cheap way to get your hands on a (loaner) Carrack. And remember: you can melt your jpeg at any time to get something else.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... &context=3

bennysparks wrote:Don't you get a Carrack as a loaner for the Galaxy? If the Galaxy never releases, you just get a less expensive Carrack, and if it does, you get to play with a new ship. You could also purchase an upgrade to a Carrack at the same time. So, for the same amount of money as a Carrack, you get to fly a Carrack in the game, retain the option to fly the Galaxy upon release, and retain the option to upgrade back to a Carrack if it turns out you prefer it. Sounds better than just owning a Carrack to me.

Bushboy2000 wrote:Yeah Carrack is the Loaner, pretty good deal actually, the Galaxy will prob go up in price and give owners some cheaper ccu options as well in the future.

I wonder if a loaner Carrack in your fleet would give you the IAE special Carrack paint forever. You could be rejigging your entire fleet every event in order to amass all the paints. Could even sell the paints later in the grey market afaik.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Adjudicator » 29 Nov 2022 04:50

The Carrack (or other Best in Show eligible ship) must be present as an actual pledge in your account profile hangar in order to qualify for that particular paint: Best in Show 2952 (BiS 2952). Loaners do not count as being in your hangar. I will quote the relevant section of the official IAE 2952 FAQ: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spec ... lcome-back

Chris Wayne Schmitt, Cloud Imperium Games wrote:Which ships get the Best in Show paints?

All four ships that made it into the semi-finals of the recent Ship Showdown 2952 event (Anvil Carrack, Crusader Mercury, RSI Scorpius, Anvil C8X Pisces) will receive a limited-edition paint option as well as a manufacturer challenge coin. These are available to all players with these ships in their web-hangar. The overall winner, the Anvil Carrack, will be immortalized as a collectible in-game ship model. You can already take an early look at the rewards.

If you already have one of these ships, you'll receive the IAE-exclusive paint (and extra items) on the last day of the event at no cost. To be eligible to receive the paints, the ships need to be in your hangar (having them in your Buyback List won't grant you the Best in Show paints). Everyone pledging for a Best in Show ship during the IAE will receive the paint and items, too.

While all Pisces pilots will receive the paint during IAE, only the C8X will allow the paint to be applied. We do fully intend to allow the paint to be applicable to all Pisces variants in a subsequent patch (3.18). Separately, please note that the Carrack paint will work with the Standard Carrack AND the Carrack Expedition.
Adjudicator

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Dec 2022 21:00

Confirmed there will be a 3.18 Referral Bonus
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... rral_bonus

Filbert17 wrote:You could make a new account using your referral, buy a starter pack, get the referral bonus, wait 30 days, gift the starter pack to your main account, and melt it for store credit.

If you are looking for a cheap LTI token, it's a pretty good deal. $45 in store credit and an unmeltable LTI token for $45.

Isaac-H wrote:That’s the way if you want store credit and free ground vehicles with LTI. And after ten times a free Gladius.

Pattern_Is_Movement wrote:"after ten times" bruh, that's $400

Isaac-H wrote:Sure. But if you’d have spent the money anyway.

ysignal and I have already spent more lol. Adjudicator has spent even more.

evilducky611 wrote:I got all my friends into the game before the referral program started way back yonder so I can't really use the program to what it was for.

LucasLightbane wrote:Do like I do. Go out and meet people pretending like you want to be friends. Get them interested in SC, really hype it up you know? Then when a referral reward comes along you talk them into getting the game. Then once you have the free LTI token you ghost those suckas! After doing this a few times you may find you will need to change jobs, move to another town, or even get a divorce and get yourself a new family. Good news is thats not just a new family. Thats a new group of referrals! Good luck out there. But stay off my huntin grounds!!

You can find lonely people on the internet and pretend to be their friend until you get the referral!

Fugaciouslee wrote:Yeah, that was more general information on the topic than it was personal advice for you specifically. Most people probably wouldn't want to drop a few hundred all at once to get crew. Hell, I'm in the concierge club and even I wouldn't want to do it that way. If I can do the self referral trick and get a free vehicle with LTI along with the game package/crew mate? Well that sounds like a better deal.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Adjudicator » 03 Dec 2022 16:47

Note that anything purchased with any amount of store credit CANNOT be gifted at all.

Found it the hard way when trying to send upgrades over to a new clone account.

However, I can simply exchange (melt) the ship upgrade, and buy it back entirely with new money from the pledge buyback menu, and it becomes giftable.

I was able to upgrade a ship from another account into another ship, and because the underlying pledge was owned by the original account, the upgraded ship remains giftable.

Adjudicator

Unread postby Adjudicator » 06 Dec 2022 14:29

Continued from here: https://culture.vg/forum/topic?p=36289#p36289

icycalm wrote:How did you guys manage to buy 2 Warbond Cutters?

Extra copies of the Warbond Cutter must be bought as a standalone ship.

When first accessing the Pledge Store, it defaults to viewing Game Packages available. You must go to "Extras" and click on "Standalone Ship" if you want to pledge for individual ships instead.

You will then be taken to all standalone ships available for pledge. Either manually scroll through the list of ships and look for the ship in question,

or use the search filters to find the Cutter, then make sure "Warbond" is indicated.

Also check the contents of the pledge before finalising the purchase, as subsequent release Warbonds only have 2-10 year insurance instead of LTI for Concept or Straight-to-Flyable initial launch Warbonds.
Adjudicator

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Dec 2022 14:33

The whole point of getting a second Cutter is for the LTI so I can upgrade it. I am not interested in the standalone ship with a few months' insurance. Of course I know I can buy the regular version at any time.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Dec 2022 15:01

lol Adjudicator was right. You can buy as many LTI Cutters as you want, as long as you go through a bewildering choice of menu options to get there. Who on earth would search for ships via the "Extras" menu? I had to follow Adjudicator's instructions to the letter to get there.

Or maybe I am just stupid because no one else had this problem.

What a shitshow. I wasted at least $50 melting and rebuying stuff, and I am now saddled with a bunch of store credit.

I'll need the credit for paints and upgrades anyway. It's just annoying to spend over an hour fiddling with this stuff for no reason. I even tried to submit a support ticket, couldn't find anywhere to do this, and ended up making a forum thread I'll never check.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Adjudicator » 06 Dec 2022 15:04

An Anvil C8R Pisces Rescue Warbond also works as having a small ship with LTI for upgrade purposes.

It may have a higher base cost (ship upgrades can only go upwards to ships of higher cost), but it does also mean that a C8R Warbond Pledge with LTI will be available for buyback if the C8R or whatever it was upgraded to gets melted down for store credit.

Like this C8R which I upgraded to a Mercury Star Runner using excess store credit as an experiment just for the end of IAE 2952, to determine if I can still qualify for the Best in Show paint for that ship at the last minute. It did, and once it served its purpose, I exchanged it for store credit and to have the C8R in my pledge buyback.

As I have also stated in the Clones thread, I like to vary the type of Lifetime Insurance base ships (called "LTI Tokens" in the Star Citizen community) so as to minimise confusion and risk of applying ship upgrades to the wrong ship.
Adjudicator

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Dec 2022 15:13

Let me just say that the Pledge Buyback scheme is also bewildering. I've seen these tokens disappear for no reason. And not just the "store credit" tokens, but regular ones too. Their system seems too unreliable to me, and it forces you to use cash instead of credit thereby saddling you with more and more store credit. Of course, with a cheap LTI token ship, you can use the credit to upgrade it.

So the system does work if you know exactly how to use it to achieve what you want. But many players I think will get shafted, because it's only by getting shafted a couple of times that you start to realize how everything works. I see it in you Adjudicator: you're running little experiments and practice sessions to see how everything works. If the system was designed with any kind of logic, you would only have to read a few lines to understand everything. As things stand, I think you need an entire pamphlet, and still you won't know what's going on until you've used the system a bunch of times.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Real ca$hmoney

Unread postby shubn » 31 Jan 2023 12:08

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spec ... e-update-1

Zyloh-CIG wrote:Anvil Hurricane Pledge Update

Hi everyone,

As we announced previously when we updated the Avenger Titan & Origin 300 series, the team regularly evaluates the value of offerings, based on functionality and comparison to the array of other vehicles available throughout the year. I'd like to drop a quick note to share that the Anvil Hurricane will have a price adjustment (increase) post-Alpha 3.18.

We do plan to honor the current price throughout the upcoming Lunar New Year promotion, where it will be available, to give anyone who was already planning on picking one up the opportunity to do so at the expected current price. As a side-note boon, this also means that if you want to upgrade your Anvil Hurricane later down the line, post Alpha 3.18, the upgrade value of your Hurricane will be increased.
shubn

CCU Game

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Feb 2023 03:00

Alright here's the lowdown on the CCU Game.

You can get HUGE discounts with this, AT LEAST 50% off vehicles' prices. But to get that much, you have to play well, and for a long time. Otherwise you can still grab smaller discounts, which are nothing to sneeze at.

At first, I wasn't bothering with it, mostly because I had no idea what to do, and it's so complex that even most people on Reddit don't know how it works. For example, I've seen people on Reddit say that to buy CCUs from one ship to another YOU HAVE TO OWN THE LOWER SHIP. Which I just found is bullshit: you can buy CCUs even if you don't have the lower ship. You go to the Ship Upgrade screen, and where it says "My ships" and "All ships", you pick the latter. The former is picked as default, so when you go to that screen you always see only your ships, which confuses people. But just above the ship list is this option, and if you choose the other one you can buy CCUs from ANY VEHICLE IN THE GAME.

Here are the latest two cool discounts that EXPIRE IN A FEW HOURS: https://twitter.com/Sacred_iKon/status/ ... 5705567232

Sacred iKon - #StarCitizen @Sacred_iKon wrote:Some sweet CCU deals dropped today with the #starcitizen Lunar new year. A great way to fill out the Galaxy CCU chain you're building.

So as you can see, as long as you buy these CCUs with real cash (i.e. the Warbond versions), you save $10-20 per CCU, and then you can chain these up along with perhaps others you will eventually buy for massive discounts. YouTube is full of videos on how this works if you need more help, and the ultimate tool seems to be this website: https://ccugame.app

This site connects with your RSI account and shows you all the vehicles you have so you can plan optimal upgrade paths to your intended vehicles. And you can also check back daily to find out new CCU deals. People do this for months and years, and keep stacking CCUs, because for the more expensive ships, you can only buy them at certain times of the year.

There are other tools and sites to help with this, but that one is the biggest I think.

So... I haven't decided if I want to get into this. I am debating it right now. It's kind of pressing, because I need to grab these two deals above before they expire. And I might even want to grab multiples of them. Not sure if I can have multiples in one account, or if I'll need to use the clone.

Some people go even further than this... They buy these CCUs then immediately refund them, which gives them a "Buyback token" in their account, which means they can buy them back at any time. So they stack multiples of them JUST IN CASE they become useful at some point. But these Buyback mechanics themselves aren't straightforward, because there's a limit to how many you can have or how often in a year you can use them in, or even in what SEASON of the year???

Honestly, I just lack the IQ and attention span for all this shit, and above all I lack the disposable income. And something tells me that a 45-year-old man should have more important things to do with his time than spend half the year planning for discounts on space pixels.

THAT SAID, I might just buy some of this shit, I don't know lol. But at least now you know, and I know, how it's done. Sort of.

Totally seriously though: If you can COMFORTABLY afford to buy some ships, and if you enjoy doing so, I say go for it. It's the right thing to do for yourself (FUN!), for our org (POWER!) and for the game (SUPPORT!) The ONLY reason I am debating what to do is because I can't comfortably afford to buy big ships like the Hull C which clocks in at around $400. I can buy $100-200 ships, a few times a year, but I can't buy EVERY SINGLE SHIP CIG releases, including the big ones. I would LOVE to be able to buy all of them, but if I can't buy ALL of them, I question whether I should be buying any of them at all. I am that kind of all-or-nothing compulsive collector. I have other shit and projects to throw my money towards, and I am just trying to figure out the best approach.

I already have I think $600-700 into the game, and I could easily just keep melting everything and buying the latest stuff. Maybe I will do that. Or maybe not. I'll keep you posted.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Feb 2023 15:35

After way more rumination than I should have devoted to the issue, I just bought the two upgrades shown above and called it a day. Came close to outright buying the Hull C several times, had it in the cart, etc., but couldn't pull the trigger. It doesn't even make much sense as a purchase since it's just an industry vehicle, not a military one, so it doesn't have any direct impact on the Dynamic Events which are the main reason to put money in the game.

I am still thinking about buying another set of upgrades, for a different future ship purchase, but then I think: If I go down this path, where does it end? Why not load up with 20 upgrades, in that case?

So I just bought the two and called it a day. They're still available if anyone is interested. I am just dipping my toe in the CCU game and I'll see how I feel about it later in the year, especially when we hear of the new vehicles.

I also tried the CCU website, and... it was quite hard to understand. I thought I would enter a target vehicle and it would give me upgrade paths, but it gave me basically nothing because it already expects me to have the CCUs in my hangar? I don't know wtf stupid help it's supposed to be giving me, it seems useless. Anyway, maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't slept in two days and I can barely think right now, plus I am fed up with this whole business. I am sure that next time we hear of a cool ship I'll get excited again, and then I'll figure it all out. I am definitely learning at least, and my hangar collection is certainly growing. This is the most complex game/DLC purchase scheme ever, for sure, and you need to get a grasp on it to make the most out of the game. We're getting there, I think.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby shubn » 06 Feb 2023 18:02

I initially thought the whole CCU game would be a lot of autistic work with Excel spreadsheets and not worth getting into just to save a few dollars, but a few days ago I finally watched the video that Adjudicator posted above, and it doesn't seem that complicated.

Adjudicator wrote:The CCU Guide - Jargon Busting & Understanding the CCU Game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0fqOAIgGBs

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but so far as I understand, this is what it boils down to:
1. Buy a bunch of cheap Warbond vehicles when they are available.
2. Buy a bunch of Warbond CCUs when they are available.
3. Apply the CCU chain when your target ship is available.

So, not really a lot of work—just keep an eye out for sales, especially during Invictus and IAE—and no risk of really doing anything wrong, since you can refund anything for store credit at any time, so worst case scenario you just wait for the next sale.

icycalm wrote:Some people go even further than this... They buy these CCUs then immediately refund them, which gives them a "Buyback token" in their account, which means they can buy them back at any time. So they stack multiples of them JUST IN CASE they become useful at some point.

Be aware that if the price of an upgrade increases, the buyback price will increase accordingly. See: https://support.robertsspaceindustries. ... -Back-tool

I believe the next big sale will be during Invictus in May. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out this time.

Regarding the CCU Game website, make sure to select "Include unreachable CCUs" when creating a chain, so it at least gives you something. But I'm guessing this website will only really be useful when there's a sale currently going on.
shubn

Unread postby shubn » 07 Feb 2023 15:37

A few days ago I upgraded my HoverQuad to the Anvil Hurricane, to take advantage of both the Warbond CCU and the coming price increase of the Hurricane. That was before I watched the video above. What I probably should have done is simply buy the CCU and keep my LTI HoverQuad, so that I could take advantage of more Warbond discounts between the HoverQuad and Hurricane price points. It's a cool ship, but if it stays as cheap as it currently is in aUEC terms (1.2M), there's no real reason to own it as a pledge ship unless you really like it or want all the ships. I'll probably end up either melting it or upgrading it, but for now I'm keeping it.

In any case, I also bought the same Warbond CCUs as icy did (F7C-M to Hurricane and Starfarer Gemini to Valkyrie), and am holding them for proper CCU chaining.
shubn

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Feb 2023 17:47

If that HoverQuad was given to you as a referral reward, you can’t melt it, you can only upgrade it further if you want to get rid of the Hurricane. I have three such unmeltable ships between my two accounts now so I have to be careful to remember them.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby shubn » 07 Feb 2023 20:02

Damn, you're right. I totally forgot about that. Oh well, that will be my "number go up" chain. It might end up becoming a Javelin lol. A good reminder that this is a thing in any case.
shubn

F5 Game

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Feb 2023 20:40

That's where I see myself going too lol. I don't see any way of avoiding a Javelin in a couple of years the way I am going.

So we have to learn the F5 game too at some point. It goes something like, you log in during Invictus or IAE and add a Javelin to your cart, but then they go out of stock before you even get a chance to pay for it, so you keep it in your cart and you wait until the next opportunity, and then it's already in your cart, so you hit F5 until they're back in stock, and all your payment details are saved, and you snag it.

Apparently it's much easier if you go Warbond.
icycalm
Hyperborean

PreviousNext

Return to Cult Citizen