default header

Cult Citizen

Exclusive gear

Moderator: JC Denton

Exclusive gear

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Sep 2022 02:50

https://twitter.com/DrunkInOrbito7/stat ... 0701776901

DrunkInOrbit @DrunkInOrbito7 wrote:I got the vest now i just need the bike. GIB the Tumbril Ranger RC! #StarCitizen

Dakota @DAVosselman wrote:Wait, how'd you get this? I thought it only came with the original concept sale.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Exclusive gear

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Sep 2022 16:52

Bought this armor from the official store for €12.25:

Gear - CCC Aves Armor and Helmet Set
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... Helmet-Set

The design borrows cues from an alien race, the Tevarin.

To tie into the release of Esperia’s Tevarin recreations, CC’s Conversions has taken a well-known silhouette and given it a Tevarin-inspired twist. Though the Aves helmet references the Tevarin’s use of structural latticework in their vehicles, it’ll look the part in any ship or teamed with any armor set.

I plan to use this set for my crimestat missions and piracy. The alien/evil look will go well with unlawful activities, and the red accents should match the pirate ship skins' red accents [ > ].

There's only one problem with it. When you buy it, it's placed in your inventory, but when you lose it, it's gone—not from your account, but from your inventory. And there is no way to get it in-game again. CIG plans to add a way, but they haven't implemented it yet. Until then, you have two ways of getting it back: 1) Character reset, which wipes a bunch of stuff you don't want to wipe, or 2) So-called "melting" the item in your site profile for store credit and then repurchasing it. I will go the second route and report back with the results. As long as the process is quick and easy, I'll just keep doing it. As I said, I don't plan to use this armor on a daily basis, only in specific situations, so I don't mind the extra hassle to achieve the look I want.

I would like if everyone who goes out pirating with me has this armor. I could gift it to you, I don't mind. It's not a limited item anyway, it should always be in the store, so you have time to get it if you end up wanting to go pirating with me.

Meanwhile the regular clan outfits will be more traditionally militaristic-looking. I like this contrast, and the added variety it will bring to my activities in the game.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Exclusive gear

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Sep 2022 17:21

Actually, now that I've thought about it some more, it might be best to keep this armor for myself as the pirate leader, and we can find in the game suitable armor for the pirate troops. I'll look around and report back.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Rare items

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Aug 2023 13:30

I just bought a Banu cube for $50 from a guy off Reddit. What's a Banu cube? Officially it's called the Banu Lockbox Replica.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_tr ... e_for_banu

kurumi0w0 wrote:[WTS] Limited time sale-the lowest price for BANU CUBE code-$50 each!

As the title said, I have a lot (at least 10) codes want to sell and each one only asks $50.

But PLEASE NOTE: Those codes are NOT permanent. Once purchased, you will need to redeem the codes before 00:30 A.M. August 21, 2023 (UTC+8), so you have about 3 days to redeem them, and if the time is out, these codes will expire. I think this is something CIG came up with to prevent reselling and is the reason why these codes are priced relatively low.

Osumunbro wrote:what are the cubes? do they do anything?

kurumi0w0 wrote:Basically, it's a trinket. You can find it in your personal inventory and hold it in your hand to view it. But you can only get it by Barcitizen so it’s not very easy to collect.

Apparently it's in the form of a scratch card. You scratch for the code, and then enter it here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/redeem-code

To get one, you PM this guy on Reddit with your PayPal address, and he sends you an invoice that you pay. Then he gives you the code via PM. Note that the first code he sent me was invalid, but then I complained and he sent me a valid one. He says he's sold a lot of codes and he lost track. I got spooked there for a sec but he seems legit. His name is Jinyang Liu, if that matters... Don't come to me if he rips you off, I took a chance because the price was low.

You have less than a day to get this, if you want it...

In other rare item news, I heard that the latest Bar Citizen item is the Banu Tholo: https://starcitizen.tools/Tholo

Star Citizen Wiki wrote:Tholo is a small three-sided token representative of Cassa, the Banu patron of luck. It is commonly used as a decision-making device: ask a question, then roll the tholo to get a 'yes,' 'no' or (what roughly translates to) 'run' as an answer. It is also popular among human tourists as a small keepsake of their travels.

Tholo can be redeemed with codes from scratch cards from Bar Citizen events.

This seems more useful to us. We could use it to make decisions on what type of mission to do on busy weekends.

The guy seems to have one of these codes for $150. I want one, but I have higher priorities right now. Plus I am a little spooked from the initial invalid code he sent me, and his name. That said, he seems to have good feedback on Reddit...
icycalm
Hyperborean

CitizenCon 2953 Digital Goodies Pack

Unread postby icycalm » 27 Aug 2023 13:41

CitizenCon 2953 Digital Goodies Pack: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... -Available

CIG wrote:CitizenCon 2953 fast approaches! We know that not everyone is able to make it out to Los Angeles, California for the big show, but that doesn't mean you can't still get in the spirit. This year, we're introducing our largest Digital Goodies Pack to date, loaded with exclusive content to let the people of Stanton know you're ready for an expedition to Pyro.

This year's pack features all the same digital items that come with a ticket to CitizenCon 2953 including an exclusive paint for your Drake Dragonfly, matching undersuit and helmet, a ruinous shotgun, specially themed multitool with carrying case, gruesome relic compliments of the Headhunters gang, a challenge coin and plushie commemorating the legendary [REDACTED] ship, this year’s CitizenCon trophy, and of course a Pyro-centric Spectrum badge.

CitizenCon 2953 Digital Goodies Pack:

• Frontier Undersuit
  • Frontier Helmet
  • CitizenCon 2953 Trophy
  • Outlaw Shotgun
  • Headhunter Gang Relic Collectible
  • Pyrotechnic Amalgamated Multitool & Case
  • [REDACTED] Ship Plushie
  • [REDACTED] Ship Challenge Coin
  • CitizenCon 2953 Dragonfly Paint
  • Pyrotechnic Amalgamated Spectrum Badge

We'll be building a handful of these items LIVE on the showfloor of CitizenCon with your input. For this reason, some items will be delivered later this year.

I bought this. It's $35 but included with the $199 ticket price. If I was recoil, I'd go (he lives nearby).

The items themselves don't look great, judging from the suit and helmet we can see. I'd say they're decent. They look good for NPCs, but not for PCs. But I still need to have them for collection purposes. I need to have as much SC stuff as I can afford, and I look forward to setting up a whole storage area with all my clothes in my apartment, or better yet a base we'll build somewhere. Right next to the garage, and the hangar, and so on.

What's great about this post though aren't the items but the fact that all of them are Pyro-themed AND the implication that Pyro's coming real soon ("let the people of Stanton know you're ready for an expedition to Pyro"). But I'll talk about this in another post in the main SC thread in a moment.

There's some drama here as well. Previous CitCon packs were much cheaper (like a third of the price almost), but they also had a third of the items. The last two packs were even free, but that's because the last two CitCons were virtual. You can read the community's whining about the price hike here, if you wish:

The price and content of the CitizenCon 2953 Digital Goodies Pack is a precedent and test for CIG and the Star Citizen community
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... encon_2953

Heaps of negativity, but that's par for the course for SC. I have more to say on the subject, but I'll do so at length in a "Videogame Art: Star Citizen" chapter.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Rare items

Unread postby icycalm » 09 Oct 2023 00:59

Halloween 2023
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... oween-2023

CIG wrote:Until November 1, players have the chance to get the jolt of their lives when opening loot containers across Stanton. Find the coveted Vanduul, Hill Horror, and Fieldsbury Dark Bear helmets and add them to your creepy collection... if you survive the shock that is. What's more, players who manage to secure all nine horrific helmets (including both versions of Neville Lott and all six Dark Bear variants) will also earn a super scary Spectrum badge.

So 9 helmets in all. And you keep them forever. Note that you can buy the 6 Dark Bear ones, but the other 3 can only be earned via this challenge.

I want all 9 and I'll try to get them. I've been on the road recently so haven't had an opportunity to play, but I'll be in a girl's home for most of next week, so as long as my Shadow works on her internet, I'll be playing and pinging people to go looting with me. We have until the end of the month to get everything, for those who are interested.

We'll be using these with the pirate specs btw. They won't be mandatory though. Get them if you like them, that's all.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Rare items

Unread postby shubn » 10 Oct 2023 12:45

My first instinct was to check bunkers, but it turns out you can find them at any outpost. I got I think 4 of them (plus 2 duplicates) after a few hours of visiting various mining and research outposts. Other locations like farms, shelters and derelict settlements probably also have them. I transfer them from the crates to the location's local storage, to keep them safe, so I don't fly around with a bunch of rare helmets. I can always get them later, using the NikNax mobiGlas app to check where I left them. Simply taking them out of a loot crate should be enough for them to be considered "looted", and permanently added to your hangar at a later time.
shubn

Re: News

Unread postby icycalm » 16 Oct 2023 10:14

New "Pyro" shotgun ammo found in PTU bunkers
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... tu_bunkers

DigitalMaster37 wrote:EDIT: the gun is available too if you purchased the CitizenCon pack

vortis23 wrote:They say the Pyro pack will be available after CitizenCon, so it sounds like 3.21 will release on the last day of CitizenCon or the day after, with the Pyro pack features enabled.

franknitty69 wrote:Latest PTU patch had a line item about balancing ballistic shotgun so it seems like it's all coming together.

CassiusFaux wrote:They did just tune the damage of them. I was actually able to use the BR-2 Shotgun to kill NPCs at a distance instead of having to shove the gun though their chest first.

ExocetC3I wrote:Related, but the changes to ballistic player shotguns are pretty nice. If you're within about 5-10 metres of a target you'll likely knock down an enemy if you don't get a kill. Short range (less than 3m) is pretty much a guaranteed one shot kill against NPCs even with heavy armour.

Durgh wrote:I believe shotguns are going to shine in ship corridor fights to sweep off intruders. The R97 blasts ten cartridges out in a very short amount of time. That is a hell of an effective manstopper, without the risk of damaging your ship interior like with a grenade launcher.

gib moneyz to cig here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... -Available

you know you want to
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby shubn » 17 Oct 2023 19:25

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spec ... un/6278362

JakeAcappella-CIG wrote:Hi everyone! A fix for the Halloween helmets will be going into Alpha 3.21 ahead of CitizenCon. To accommodate the time lost due to the issues with spawning the helmets, we're extending the time they can be found in the loot table until November 10. Happy hunting!
shubn

Gemini Sniper Green Grey

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Mar 2024 17:16

Bought the Feeling Lucky? Avenger Titan Starter Pack for the Gemini Sniper Green Grey for my Medic as explained in the Cult Medic Update.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... ck-Warbond

I didn't have an Avenger Titan, so that will come in handy too, though I am not particularly happy it's not LTI. Makes no difference in the game right now though, and I'll buy an LTI one at some point too. So yeah, $56 gun skin, sue me. Could have been worse. Could have spent it on a Steam game I'd never play. At least I will use this.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cult Citizen