default header

Cult Citizen

Weapons

Moderator: JC Denton

Weapons

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Sep 2022 03:27

Just like in Rust.

Millitary grade weapons can be found looting in 3.15. this is the P8-AR, only found in SQ42
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... looting_in

The P8-AR Rifle is the UEE Marines main 7.62 mm, selective-fire assault rifle. What is it doing in a loot box? WOOOOO!!!!!
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... ain_762_mm

Kangatang wrote:I really like the idea of loot-only weapons/armour popping up around the PU as something to collect and use.

Hell, even now someone could collect a ship full of P8-ARs and their mags and start selling them at spaceports out of the side of a Caterpillar!

skelly218 wrote:Have you had any luck loading it? I have looted a few gun and even armor. I can't reload the guns (goes through the animation but doesn't load) and when trying to equip item to looted armor or move to inventory some items disappear.

TotallyRegal wrote:Makes sense from a lore perspective, and it's the same situation with ships. Anvil's F7-A and F8-A, for example. If the UEE can't control weaponized ships in public hands, they sign a contract with a company like Anvil that ensures that only the UEE is allowed to purchase the very best fighters they offer. As for Behring personal weapons, one might say, part of the reason we can all freely buy P4s is that The UEE has locked down an exclusive supply of P8s.

I'm not an expert, so don't know if that's written into the official lore, but it seems like a perfectly logical explanation. Don't things work the same way in many cases IRL?

roflwafflelawl wrote:I mean to be fair if all loot was available to purchase why would you go out and try to find the loot? It's the Diablo3 Auction House issue. If everything purchasable why go out and play against RNG.

RunningonSisu wrote:That's the problem. By making things prohibitive to own they ensure that they can't be issued en masse. By making them difficult to source I wouldn't even bother using it, this isn't Tarkov.

This is fine for ships, but in real life all guns are available to civilians. Most of the time military rifles have a civilian variant without a full auto sear and they sell them for ridiculous markups, everything about those rifles is the exact same as the military variants except for the firing rate.

They chose to block off the entire thing like they did the F8 which makes much more sense to me than blocking off one rifle for no good reason. I mean, fuck, we can own torpedoes and scatter guns and even S10 lasers, but a 7.62mm rifle is where the CIG draws the line?

A civilian can build an M16A4 clone out of AR15 parts, but they can't buy or build an F-22 out of any parts in the market.

This is just where I draw the line between what should be available to us, it's disappointing.

This last guy is missing the point. The "military gear loot-only" is great game design. Whether or not it makes sense in the lore is a secondary consideration. And since this is fiction, and specifically science-fiction, some harebrained explanation can be found for it, no worries.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Weapons

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Sep 2022 04:37

https://twitter.com/TheIceJesterz/statu ... 3155568642

Ice Jester @TheIceJesterz wrote:#StarCitizen
Sneak peek of the week: Volt Gun

#HertzanChimera Mike Philbin @CUST0D1AN wrote:Wow, thought they were saving all the good stuff for Citizen Con 2952.

I think the sneak peek is a subscriber perk and this guy is just leaking it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cult Citizen