default header

Cult Citizen

Paints

Moderator: JC Denton

Paints

Unread postby icycalm » 18 Sep 2022 08:36

Adjudicator dude, you HAVE to find and use this:

There are more, but I didn't want to keep looking at them, I just googled your ship to find its correct name, and the image came up and I couldn't look away.

It looks like an entire new ship with this paint scheme.

P.S. I am joking when I say you HAVE to use this paint. Use whatever you want. I am just sayin' this looks gorgeous.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Pirate Week 2022

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Sep 2022 12:48

I just bought some pirate paints and I strongly recommend a few more of you buy some of them too so we can use them when we go out pirating. Note that this is an extremely limited offer which was running all of last week and I think will be over any hour now. If you want to buy, don't wait for tomorrow, don't even wait an hour since the sale ENDS TODAY (September 20): buy right now and then post in this thread to let me know how many piratical-looking pirates we'll have. Let me walk you through the process.

Go here:

Pirate Week 2022
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... THE-COLORS

And scroll to the bottom.

There are pirate paints for 4 ships. I bought all of them. But all you need to do is buy one for the Gladius which we will use for pirating: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... inds-Paint

The paint is about 7-8 dollars depending on your region. The ship we'll of course purchase in the game.

And that's all you need to do. 7-8 dollars so we can have a fleet of cool pirates. I don't expect everyone to buy in, but if I get even a couple of people I'll be happy. Note that the card option on their site only accepts credit cards. If you want to use a debit card, choose PayPal, and enter it there.

What about the other paints I bought? I got the Cutlass Black skull & bones one: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... ones-Paint

This will be our mothership for pirating. We only need one, but if someone wanted to buy a second or even a third one, and then we got 5-10 pirate Gladiuses... that would be a serious pirating fleet. I know it won't happen today, but some day for sure. Let's just get whatever we can now and launch CULT's piracy operations.

The Cutlass paint is a bit more expensive at $10.

And finally there are paints for the Avenger and the Vanguard (I think they work on ALL their variants): https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... Paint-Pack

The 3-pack with all three ships is about $18, and that's what I got, plus the Cutlass above. So about $25-30 in case anyone wants everything like me. Everything can also be purchased separately. The Vanguard one especially would be cool to have to add interdiction capabilities to our pirate fleet. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I can gift it to Adjudicator, but I can buy the ship in game and then we'll have it.

Once this sale ends, it will probably still be possible to buy some or all of these paints, but through third-party less-trustworthy sites, and probably at a markup. I had to pay $30 for a $12 paint for my Scorpius, for example. So there should still be time in the future for more people to join Cult Piracy.

I can't wait to use this stuff. Of course first we'll need to earn a fortune for the Gladiuses. They are 1.17M a pop. Then 1.38M for the Cutlass Black. I think this is meant for ground piracy operations.

icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Paints

Unread postby recoil » 20 Sep 2022 13:29

Reporting for booty, I bought all 4 pirate paints.
recoil

Unread postby ChevRage » 20 Sep 2022 13:58

Bought a skin for the Gladius.
ChevRage

Unread postby Some guy » 20 Sep 2022 14:01

I bought the Gladius skin too.
Some guy

Unread postby ExiledOne » 20 Sep 2022 19:56

I also have the Gladius skin now.
ExiledOne

Unread postby Adjudicator » 22 Sep 2022 17:55

First time I spent the cash on the paints, but it is really worth it, as your recommendations are impeccable.

I have obtained the Solar Winds 3-pack paint (Avenger series, Vanguard series and Gladius series), and the Frostbite paint you mentioned earlier.

Vanguard Frostbite Paint: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... bite-Paint

The game also offered me a bulk discount for another skin and I decided on the Vanguard Timberline paint as well.

Adjudicator

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Sep 2022 18:18

So you have all the Vanguard paints now!

Here's how to use them:

Default paint scheme: space operations
Solar Winds: piracy
Frostbite: icy planets and moons
Timberline: all other types of planets and moons
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 26 May 2023 09:08

Here's something really exclusive: https://theimpound.com/products/eclipse ... 4898418941

Eclipse Best In Show 2950 - Standalone Ship
Regular price $1,199.99 1 available

It's not even LTI lol. Though 10-year insurance is almost as good I suppose.

This isn't technically a paint, but it essentially is, so I'll be dealing with these "variants" in this thread. It was brought to my attention by this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... clipse_bis

mnicetea wrote:Is the eclipse BIS really 1,100? It’s never going to be available again right?

PolecatXOXO wrote:It's whatever someone is willing to sell it for, but this is the wrong sub to ask.

No, that version will never be available again. It may win another year, but it will have a different BIS skin.

Asmos159 wrote:i also want to point out that subscribers can buy previous subscriber flares, but cig puts them in the loot pool after 3 months despite it reducing their income. so i would not put it past them for those 15$ skins to be early access to a skin before the in game skin shop is implemented. then sell early access ot skins a few months before they are put in the in game shop.

cig are very clear that a lot of the stuff is not worth the money. only get it if you want to help fund the development.

Ocbard wrote:There is little chance that they want the BIS paint for the Eclipse because of the BIS bit, but rather because it looks great in white. I'm not throwing any shade on CIG for selling ship paints. Indeed I have bought some myself. I could not care less if you could later on buy them in game.

All I mean to say is that buying a ship that is overpriced in the pledge store already for over 3x the price simply because it has a pretty paint job does not seem like a great idea to me. I'd rather support the project than someone who resells ships at such a markup.

But even the obscene markups help the game, because they increase FOMO for the NEXT time unique items go on sale.

Bottom line: This Eclipse looks kickass and the exclusivity merely heightens the desirability. It would look terrific with my character's white/red armor, and if I could afford it I'd snap it up in a heartbeat.

Just putting it here in case anyone of us might be interested in snapping it up (remember there's just ONE unit left), and also because I will be cataloguing cool exclusive paints and pseudo-variants in this thread.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Aurora Dread Pirate/Blackbeard Stealth

Unread postby icycalm » 31 Jul 2023 09:10

One of the rarest paints in the game is the Dread Pirate/Blackbeard Stealth for the Aurora. I've seen it go from $15 to $300 in the past, before we started playing, but never seen it in stock and I'd despaired of ever getting it until I spotted it on the Impound a few hours ago for a cool $39.99: https://theimpound.com/products/aurora- ... ealth-skin

I nabbed one, and it seems they still have more, in case anyone else is interested.

I am not sure EXACTLY what it looks like because 1) It's not implemented in the game yet, and 2) There seem to be two radically different illustrations of it. They both look cool, even though the all-black one looks... killer.

Edit: Upon further research, the plot thickens. It looks like the all-black was the original version but was replaced by the reddish at some point. More details in these two threads:

cig, since you're fixing your old pirate skins...
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... rate_skins

Bought the Pirate skin for my Aurora and ended up with this, anyone know what this is??
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... d_ended_up

RangerXML wrote:It now matches the Nine Tails Pirates from Crusader, I noticed this. It use to be black with white skull and crossbones, but is now red. You can get a better picture of it by going into your ship, use 'f4' to change the camera and pressing 'z' to enable free-look. I can't wait to put that skin on just about any of my other ships (red/dark grey with skull), but I do miss the basic black skin.

MetalGhost99 wrote:Dread Pirates skin? There was that one and the blackbeard stealth skin which doesn't exist anymore. The blackbeard stealth skin was turned into the dread pirates skin and it is universal to all ships once they get done with it (CIG confirmed this to me in an email). Right now I have a skin I can't use sitting in my in game inventory called tactical stealth paint. I'm wondering if it has something to do which those two skins I mentioned.

And here are a bunch of pics of both versions, since we're documenting cool paints in this thread:

OLD

NEW

This is what it looks like in my account btw, still the old model:

I want to try to equip it in-game, but I'll need an Aurora first, which will take a while because it's not a priority right now. But I am certainly excited to try it. Gives me a reason try the various Auroras with it.

I basically lap up all pirate skins because I want us to go out with an all-pirate fleet once we get into pirating. If you want in, scroll up this thread to see cheaper and more sensible options, though note that if you don't have your own pirate skin you can always jump into someone else's ship when you join us. You'll need pirate armor of course, but you can get that in the game.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Spirit Crimson, Intrepid and Olympia

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Aug 2023 11:13

Half of the paints in SC are meh, and the other half are good. But a handful of them are EXCELLENT, and all three limited edition Spirit paints fall in that category: they are utterly outstanding and perfectly complement the Spirit's cutting-edge aggressive yet sleek sci-fi design. I absolutely had to have them, and I'd be bummed beyond belief if they disappeared and I couldn't access them. Why did I not buy them during the initial concept sale last year? Because it was all the way back in last autumn when we'd just been playing for a few weeks and I still didn't know the value of these things, and how important it is to be on the ball when new stuff is announced. I mean you had to be Concierge to buy them, and back then none of us were. We barely knew what that meant, and wouldn't have spent the $1,000 to become that even if we had known. Moreover, the ships seemed very far off back then, whereas now we know we're getting the A1 in a few weeks, while the C1 can't be far behind. So I went ahead and bought all three paints at the Impound:

https://theimpound.com/products/spirit-crimson-paint
https://theimpound.com/products/spirit-intrepid-paint
https://theimpound.com/products/spirit-olympia-paint

They're only $12 each, and they're some of the best paint schemes in the game. The default Spirit paints are good too, but these are on another level. You have your wild sci-fi red for your aggressive hero setup, your stylish military olive for tactical operations, and your refined gold-trimmed black for your high-powered executive lifestyle. If you plan to fly a Spirit, you will probably at some point crave at least one of these paint schemes, and you'll never be able to buy them from CIG again. Only the grey market can help you now, and supplies aren't infinite.

Adjudicator already has all of them because he bought all ships at launch, and ysignal has one of them because he bought one ship. I haven't bought a ship yet, but I'll be buying them one by one as they come out. They aren't that expensive, and they're perfect for solo or duo crews in various professions.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Pirate Week 2023 Paints

Unread postby icycalm » 16 Sep 2023 02:16

Pirate Week is upon us, and there's some stuff you might consider buying, so let me tell you how Cult Piracy will work so you can evaluate the offerings.

For now, we aren't bothering with piracy yet, because we have a ton of other content to play through. Once there is a lull in content, we'll all move to Grim HEX for a couple of months and do piracy full-time with full crimestats etc. and all the system's bounty hunters on our ass.

Eventually, however, we'll have one Captain stationed in Grim HEX full-time on a monthly rotating basis, and he will be directing our piracy operations, in Stanton at least. And whoever feels like doing piracy will head on over there and report to him, so by that point we'll be running piracy operations year-round. But we'll need to get to a few dozen members first before I split off a significant part of our forces to Grim HEX.

Of course, Pyro will affect all these plans, because it looks like Pyro will be all-piracy. We're just going to need to recruit more people, and promote enough officers, to cover both systems.

So with that in mind, check out this year's pirate skins that expand the possible pirate fleet by 4 ships: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... -Week-2023

The new ones are called Meridian and they are similar to last year's Solar Winds paints, but not identical. The Solar Winds ones are also on sale.

I bought all of them. I am especially hyped about the Hercules one, it looks terrific:

The Eclipse is really cool as well:

Whoever wants to expand their repertoire of ships for official Cult Piracy operations should grab some of these. The only one you REALLY need though is the Solar Winds Gladius, and even that is not necessary as long as you don't mind just riding in someone else's ship. We'll have plenty of available seats in our pirate fleet, so no worries there.

Interestingly, there is already a Meridian paint for the 400i, and it's only available in the grey market. Its owners are kinda bummed that the exclusivity of their skin has now been compromised, but I am glad the pirate fleet is getting more ships, and will be including the 400i in our official Pirate Spec. Grab a paint here if you want:

400i - Meridian Paint $24.99
https://theimpound.com/products/400i-meridian-paint

Moreover, it turns out that even the 600i has a silver paint! So that too becomes a pirate ship now. Pirates love luxury after all! And pirate officers deserve it.

Paints - 600i - Sterling Paint $16.00
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... ling-Paint

I think I will give the 400i to Captains and the 600i to Commanders, and myself.

I bought all these paints too. So I have absolutely ALL pirate paints now except... the Pirate Gladius (different from the Solar Winds Gladius) and Pirate Caterpillar mentioned here: https://culture.vg/forum/topic?p=36254#p36254

These aren't paints, they are vehicle variants, and in order to gain the privilege to buy them you have to finish Pirate Swarm in Arena Commander (and since it's multiplayer you need at least one more player to launch it with, I think). Note that Pirate Swarm will be retired in 3.20, and a new version of it will be added, so for those who want the old Pirate Swarm badge on their Spectrum accounts, you only have a few days to beat it, possibly only until Monday. I'll try to beat it later in the weekend, and tag people on Discord to help me out.

There is some controversy on Reddit on whether the new version of Pirate Swarm will still give you the right to buy the Pirate Gladius and Pirate Caterpillar, but from what I can tell, that seems to be the case, so I wouldn't worry about buying these ships right now, I don't think they're going anywhere.

And as a final note, we could use some Pirate Caterpillars, if anyone feels like buying one. As for Pirate Gladiuses, I think the only person who could use one officially is me, because if I gave it to another rank, then all the officers of that rank would have to have it, and that's just not feasible. So if you want to buy a Pirate Gladius for personal use, go ahead, but for official operations, it'll have to be restricted to me. Its flashy red doesn't really go well with all the other paints anyway. We'll have to see how it looks next to an all-silver/black pirate fleet. If it doesn't look good, I won't use it at all.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Best In Show 2953 Paints

Unread postby shubn » 13 Nov 2023 22:35

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/sta ... 2824123862

Star Citizen @RobertsSpaceInd wrote:Introducing your #IAE2953 Best in Show!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spec ... -winner-is

JakeAcappella-CIG @JakeAcappella-CIG wrote:The Corsair, the Vulture, the 600i Explorer, and the Redeemer will all receive new 2953 Best In Show paints when the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo rolls around later this year, along with manufacturer-themed posters for use in your future habs! All backers who have these ships in their hangar at the start of IAE will receive the paints and posters then. You also will have an opportunity to pick up the ships with their Best in Show prizes during IAE with their respective ships.

JakeAcappella-CIG @JakeAcappella-CIG wrote:Hey y'all, triple checked on this one with our platform team, and our plans have slightly changed and my wording was incorrect, apologies.

The BIS items will be distributed on BIS day towards the end of IAE, and then again at the end of IAE. This will give you all the chance to grab those upgrades during the show in case you wanted to snag the paint! Hope this helps!

BIS day is November 26.
shubn

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Nov 2023 01:09

Using a combination of Warbond CCUs I had stocked plus melting some gear for credits, I upgraded my Scorpius Antares to a Redeemer. Using the same method, I'll upgrade another ship, probably my Scorpius, to a 600i on Origin day. This way, I will have all four 2953 BIS winners in order to get all of the four new paints for them that shubn posted above. I hate to lose my Scorpiuses, but I'll buy them again next year, and anyway I have the F8C now as the SupCom's main fighter (and will upgrade the SupCom Spec [ > ] soon to reflect this). I especially need these four paints because they are purple-ish, and purple is the main SupCom color because it is the traditional imperial color.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Stella Fortuna 2954 Paints

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Mar 2024 18:08

Bought all 9 of the green Fortuna paints for a total of $108: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... s-Day-2024

These aren't terribly exclusive, because you can buy them once a year on St. Patrick's Day, and they add a few more every year. In between, you have to pay a bit more for them on the grey market.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cult Citizen