default header

Cult Citizen

Cult Armory

Moderator: JC Denton

Cult Armory

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Sep 2022 08:40

So sniper rifles, grenade launchers and the giant railguns with which you can take down ships used to be sold in stores but they can only be found in loot spawns now. This is a great design decision but it doesn’t make much sense in terms of the setting. A better way to do it to maintain setting coherence is like Rust does it so that you could find all weapon types in stores and superior military-grade variations in loot spawns.

At any rate like I said I love it as a game mechanic so what we have to do is 1) Loot more and figure out where the best loot is, and 2) Start saving what we find for PVP events where we’ll be facing players and orgs who have them.

Now I would like to make someone Armorer and hand all these heavy weapons to him, but the only person who can guarantee to be present for all events is me, so it’ll have to be me. So post here when you find something, and we’ll arrange on Discord to meet up so you can hand it over.

Of course if you want to keep the odd such weapon to use outside events, go ahead, but I doubt many of the missions require them, while in events they’ll prove a huge boon I am sure on top of helping make our loadouts and tactics deeper, so I would counsel restraining yourselves and saving the weapons. It would be so cool to build a huge weapons cache (which one day we’ll be able to see racked inside our bases!) and then strategize of how many of them and what kinds to take along to the various events, and who will carry them, and the certifications he’ll have to have or earn, etc. So let’s start building our weapons cache! Try to add a bit of looting to your weekly routine, and share any info on looting here, plus as aforesaid report when you find something.

And remember, when you do find something, consider dropping everything you’re doing and heading home to safely deliver it!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Cult Armory

Unread postby ChevRage » 10 Oct 2022 17:10

Came back to ArcCorp to check my weapons stash. I've been hanging out near Hurston and MicroTech for the last few sessions and haven't had a chance to come home.

So far I've collected 2 grenade launchers, a sniper, and 2 light machine guns. The light machine guns are a bit weak I think, I've had better combat performance from the SMGs.
ChevRage

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Oct 2022 18:49

Wow that is some stash. We'll make great use of it in Hurston Hurt Locker.

What we could use is some railguns. I've seen people take down ships with them. Not sure if they're good against ground vehicles, but why wouldn't they be?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ChevRage » 14 Oct 2022 19:39

So yesterday I got a missile launcher, and today I got us a railgun. There's a few more snipers too, and four salvo frag pistols. This pistol has been consistently taking out enemies with one shot, but from the sounds of it it's probably a close-range weapon. Ideal for bunkers and the like.

ChevRage

Unread postby Some guy » 27 Oct 2022 16:31

Managed to get a sniper rifle, missile launcher and three missiles today. They're all stored at Baijini Point.
Some guy

Return to Cult Citizen