default header

Cult Citizen

Hints & Tips

Moderator: JC Denton

Re: Hints & Tips

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Feb 2023 01:57

3.18 Salvage guide pamphlet
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... e_pamphlet

IHateMartians wrote:Reclaimer temporarily has 300 SCU cargo right now, 120 were added in the salvage area

It also has three turrets, one manned, and six remote turrets operated by two people (three per station)

If you create another pamphlet like this, including the different modules might be good, here are the stats for them:

Cinch: Diameter - 1.50m, Speed - 0.5, Efficiency - 0.89

Abrade: Diameter - 3.50m, Speed - 0.44, Efficiency - 0.89

Trawler: Diameter - 6.00m, Speed - 0.15, Efficiency - 0.69

Cinch is at the moment pretty useless, Trawler and Abrade are pretty similar, though I prefer using Trawler.

Vulture has Cinch and Abrade by default, Reclaimer has Abrade and Trawler by default. I haven't tested if you can switch them yet.

grahad wrote:By right clicking you change the head. Each head has a trade off: small area high yield, the other is large area low yield. I messed with aligning the heads as well. If you do it right you can scrape faster, but it is finicky.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Feb 2023 21:28

Is the map on the list of things to get upgraded in 3.18? As a new player is the one thing that is the most frustrating to use I don’t understand how it can be that bad when everything else is that good.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... t_upgraded

Cymbaz wrote:The map is much easier to deal with once u know a couple tricks

1. If you can't route to a destination, you might be too close to the planet. Try jumping to an orbital marker first. (OM1 - North pole , OM2 -South, 3,4,5,6 around the equator)

2. If you in space next to a moon and can't route to another destination. Try jumping to the moon first. I've seen this happen a lot around Cellin.

3. When zooming in on a planet, always double-click first. If you don't you won't be able to select anything on the planet or in orbit.

4. If QT markers aren't coming up you might still have a destination locked in the map. It will only show you the marker for the destination. Click clear route to fix that.

tahaan wrote:I will add to this.

5) if you are not calibrating while aiming at a marker, aim away and back at the marker. 6) if you are calibrated and spooled but still can't start jump, aim away and back and let it calibrate again. 7) if you get a jump back to the station you just departed out of as the first stop, fly up over the station, open the map, and set target . You don't need to reselect the target, just set target and it will remove the "completed" stop from the sequence. 8) while zooming in if the map disappears, zoom out and aim super carefully at the thing you want to zoom in on, then try again.

TangoInUniform wrote:The whole QT thing, you don't even have to go the whole distance, legit QT anywhere for like 2 seconds and it'll fix itself.

X3liteninjaX wrote:I’ll also add a minor thing, sometimes the green line doesn’t show up on the map but that doesn’t always mean the course isn’t plotted.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Feb 2023 19:13

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... &context=3

HappyFamily0131 wrote:Same problem with the MOLE vs multiple Prospectors. 3 Prospectors can search for the next big rock in 3 different directions simultaneously. 2 Prospectors can collect non-quantanium ore while 1 collects quantanium, so it can run back and drop its load before exploding while the other two keep mining. If the quant rock is too big to gather in a single Prospector run, the others can wait nearby and can act as a marker beacon so the first Prospector has no trouble finding the same rock again. If attacked, 3 Prospectors are more agile than a MOLE and can run away in 3 separate directions. If 1 Prospector is destroyed, only that ship's cargo is lost. If someone's computer crashes, only that player's ship despawns. If the owner of the MOLE's computer crashes or connection drops, while the MOLE itself should remain on the server as long as other players are on it, none of them can sell its contents.

There are just so many advantages to multi-ship activities rather than multi-crew. Multi-crew ships will need absolutely massive bonuses to offset them. I'm talking, "quantanium ore is indefinitely stable while in an undamaged MOLE," that level of bonus.

I have no doubt CIG will improve the balance of multicrew as development progresses, which is why I am putting this post here as a tip and not in the main SC thread. Also note that in 3.18 ships won't despawn anymore, they'll stay where you left them for days and even weeks, so the desync problems are gone; the MOLE owner just logs back in the server and rejoins his friends.

And on top of all the above, there are many people in the thread saying that they have friends who don't care about benefits and still play multicrew even if it's underpowered simply because it's fun. We're certainly in that group too. But when we're gunning for some credit goal and we're short on time, we have the tips above on how to maximize profits.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Feb 2023 19:48

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... s_question

Kinosha wrote:3.18 PES question

To those who have been testing throughout 3.18's PTU cycle; how is the viability of the carrack and 890J affected by PES? For example, would it be possible to load either with a snub or lighter ship and use it as a base, without it despawning? I'm curious as when 3.18 kicks off I'm going to be grinding towards either an 890J or Carrack as my main aUEC goal.

ashketchum2095 wrote:Yeah it's viable to do this. Any ship you spawn stays wherever it is and you can spawn quite a few (not sure if there's a limit) without worrying about any despawning.

This isn't possible in 3.17 because once you get a certain distance away from your "base" ship it despawns.

So as long as you remember where you parked you should be good :p

Briso_ wrote:Is there a way to mark your position? Like GPS to go back to your base?

ashketchum2095 wrote:You could get a delivery box to use as a tracker.

youre_a_pretty_panda wrote:You can just keep server hopping with r_displayinfo 2 toggled on until you get back to the same server where your ship is.

Just be sure to check the server number when you start. Also, if a server 30Ks you need to wait about 30min for the old shard/server to boot up again.

I've gotten back my ships (when not inside them) 99% of the time after server crashes this way.

GuilheMGB wrote:It's viable (and you don't have the limit of 3 vehicles spawned anymore, you can spawn seemingly as many as you want). However at this stage, patches are too frequent to really understand what kind of problems will emerge when shards are kept going for weeks and weeks (something called the "shard growth rate"). So it could be that things start to become less reliable/break in shards that cumulate too many things.

More details in the thread. Mobile living is worth experimenting with now, and it'll get more and more viable over the coming months.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Feb 2023 20:18

3.18 Salvage guide pamphlet v2
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... amphlet_v2

FireflySAR wrote:I fixed some inaccurate information and added the module section. There was another bit of information I wanted to add regarding colors, but I couldn't verify it in game (might be bugged).

I updated the image further up in this thread with the new one.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Feb 2023 16:59

Guide on how to repel boarding attacks
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... ng_attacks

With the upcoming 3.18 and the new "soft death" mechanic, your ship can be disabled and you can be boarded. This massive guide tells you how to deal with that. It was too much work copy-pasting it in here, so I saved it on my hard drive, and if the link above gets taken down, bump this thread and I will upload it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 27 Feb 2023 02:55

Hey r/starcitizen did you finish your 3.17 checklist yet?
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... h_your_317

icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Mar 2023 06:47

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... _beginners

FluffiCatfish wrote:Racing tips for beginners

These are some tips from a sim racer that has been loving the new 3.18 racing career, yet still has a lot to improve on:

1. Start slow! Remember races are about finishing. Yes, there are always going to be people faster than you, but so what? If you went 1 sec faster around the track, you have improved yourself and your speed, and every increment will count and bring you closer to that YouTube video you saw.

2. Fly with what you have. Sure, primary racing ships fly fantastic and will do absolutely amazing, but just like in racing in reality, new drivers don’t sit down in Formula1 cars on their first track day. If you have a Aurora, Mustang, Titan it doesn’t matter, if you practice and get to know your ship, you will succeed. For instance you can get Gold with a Drake Cutlass on the Lorville Outskirts (I did it, and shooting for Platinum).

3. Time is money. If you truly are dedicated to it, keep doing the races, if you are getting 1-3 minute laps (depending on the track) and restarting the mission every time, you can make enough money after a couple hours to get you enough money to get a P-52 which a lot of people say are great for atmo flying and learning handling essentials!

4. Learn from others. With the popularity and having missions for racing, it is much more accessible and easy to hop into. Before you needed to know where you were going, now there are checkpoints. If you sit at a track for even just a bit, it is almost certain that someone else will pop up to do some laps. Chat with them, watch them race (even if they are not as good as you), race with them, all of it will improve you by learning from improvements, mistakes, or pushing each other to do better.

These are just a few tips, other racers feel free to add to this list, and I hope it helps anyone looking into racing and a new gameplay! Don’t be discouraged or scared to race, it isn’t easy, and even the official racing teams started exactly where you are at right now.

It's pretty damn cool you can make money racing now.

Also:

FluffiCatfish wrote:Exactly. I forgot to add the racing saying, but “it is much more fun to drive a slow car [ship] fast, than it is to drive a fast car [ship] slow” :)
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Mar 2023 07:31

https://twitter.com/SmashleyTwitch/stat ... 3930930177

Smashley @SmashleyTwitch wrote:With 3.18 right around the corner: HERE IT IS!!

My bindings for my dual @VIRPILControls in #StarCitizen. I adapted and modified from @buzzz_killer's bindings (THANK YOU!) This is currently what is super comfy for me :)

ENJOY! https://www.dropbox.com/s/08zks7ihm6xw4 ... ndings.zip

This seems to be the ultimate setup. I've downloaded the Dropbox files in case it goes offline. Let me know if you need them.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 09 Mar 2023 21:00

Some small functional changes coming with 3.18 that I’ve seen mentioned but haven’t bothered to collect references for.

-You can manipulate items on the ground from within the inventory screen now.

-Some trash cans now work. You drop stuff in it, and the stuff eventually disappears. You can help keep the server clean and running better this way.

-You can also sell used bottles at some vendors now. Not sure which ones.

-I think I heard the shuttle seats now work again in Lorville and maybe other places where they didn’t work.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Mar 2023 12:46

3.18 (1st live patch) SEAT BUG WORKAROUND
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... workaround

icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 15 Mar 2023 01:18

icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Mar 2023 01:10

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... ts_awesome

Zealousideal_Sound_2 wrote:We found how to use Antares, it's awesome

My friend is the pilot and has a loadout with disto, I'm the copilot.

We go to yela or gas clouds. We search for vultures (with salvage being new, there is MANY).

Once found, I use IEM to disable the ship (with the help of disto) and the snare ability to prevent the ship to escape.

Once disabled, we ask for payment (50% of load). If he refuses, I board the ship, kill the owner and steal the ship directly. Head to ground station or Grim Hex to transfer all RMCs to a cargo ship we spawn then sell them.

So far it works really well, especially since there is no ComArray in Gas Cloud, so no CS.

We plan to try with miners, but it would probably require a 3rd guy as to know when they are leaving refinery.

rStarwind wrote:How do you board the ship with closed doors?

Neeeeedles wrote:You can shoot doors open or use multitool cutter attachment

ScrotiusRex wrote:Or fist.

Dayreach wrote:Okay, now explain what unique advantage using the Antares gave you in that scenario that a Cutlass Blue with some distortion weapons couldn't have done more efficiently? Since then you'd have an actual gun turret for your copilot to use instead of the "two button panel", an interior to change out gear in, and you could just load the RMC straight into the Blue and fly to hex without needing all those extra steps and ship switching. Hell you might even be able to hit multiple vultures before you have to fly back depending how full they were at the time. And this is all with a cheaper ship.

And what was even your plan if he did give you half his cargo? Where were you planning on putting it?

Top-Judgment8456 wrote:I took this as "we found a way to use the Antares". Is it efficient? No, it can't haul any cargo. But, if the "50% of load" is simply paid in cash then transport is no longer a problem. OP also stated if they do blow up a ship they come back with a cargo vessel, and if they need to board they just take the ship.

darksoul9669 wrote:OP is clearly also only encountering some huge dummies too; Lets be real. How do you have a solo person board you without just immediately blasting them as they come in... I never got why people keep giving this single boarding scenario with the Antares as if it's not an awful idea lol.

Vasten1 wrote:That why I carry a railgun. Stop me I say I surrender then pop out the side door then bobs you're uncle. Or I use my grenade launcher blow up the cargo and who ever is down those stairs.

Zealousideal_Sound_2 wrote:So far 80% of them were unarmed or low armed haha.

Sattorin wrote:OP says they operate in areas without Comm Array coverage, so they never go red or get a crime stat.

Nilshrling wrote:its called piracy and its been in game for a very long time

improvement idea: get a fucking cutty blue and dont ask for ransom! just soft death it, kill the owner and take the 100%of the cargo, dont even need to fly back to grim

antares is not a good pirate ship

Zealousideal_Sound_2 wrote:The loot part wasn't possible before.

So far killing the ship has take more time than ransom. Due to having to load, then head to city.

Also Antares has IEM which help alot to disable bigger ships (like, a cuty or mantis ain't enough to disable a Hercules)

jonnysbtm wrote:This is why I use a reclaimer we run it with 3 people and that has enough fire power to hold its own

Zealousideal_Sound_2 wrote:We haven't found any reclaimer so far, I wonder what would happen

lordhelmos wrote:Agree with the Cutlass Blue having cargo space and doing the same job. You can also disable the target faster due to having 6s3 with the copilot turret.

Zealousideal_Sound_2 wrote:IEM is better to disable a ship

But yeah I guess that would work too
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby shubn » 12 Apr 2023 12:52

50 Tips & Tricks for Star Citizen (3.18)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWktsfHqXwI

shubn

Unread postby shubn » 01 May 2023 17:47

shubn

Unread postby icycalm » 18 May 2023 00:38

Made a little graphic about group mining ops in 3.19 now that bags are transferable
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... ing_ops_in

icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 26 May 2023 08:49

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... ur_shields

WingZeroType wrote:PSA: Missile damage mostly ignores your shields and hits your hull

In the current 3.19 patch missiles do full ballistic physical damage, which means the physical damage penetration of shields applies to missiles as well. That means at 100% shields, 70% of the missile damage will still hit your hull, and that increases proportionally to 100% of the missile damage by the time your shields go down.

That makes avoiding incoming missiles more important! H and J are the default buttons for decoys (aka flares) and noise (aka chaff). Decoys are the way to go, spamming a few of them as soon as you see a missile indicator can often distract a missile. So can performing aggressive evasive maneuvers. Both of these strategies seem to work better on servers with a higher server FPS, so you might still be hit if the server's on fire.

Goodluck!

Talon2947 wrote:I see a lot of people complaining that flares don't work. They need to realise that flares alone won't stop you being hit any more. It now works like in Top Gun. You need to dump flares and perform evasive manauvers to avoid a hit. I love it. :D

SteamboatWilley wrote:Except when you pull a 20+g tri while dumping 10+ flares and the missile still hits you because AI/the servers are borked. There's "having to maneuver" and shit just plain being broken and we're firmly in the shit being broken stage right now. AI missiles do not lose tracking, and they will continue to loop and track you until the server catches up no matter what you do. I am by no means an ace but I have never had issues with dodging missiles until this patch cycle, even in the days when Dominators and Arresters were OP AF.

kiltedfrog wrote:I am an ace, I won a LTI scythe in a dog-fighting tournament YEARS ago, and generally kept pretty fookin good at the game. Sometimes the server lags still big fucks you. I flew my bucc (very easy to dodge missiles in) to an HRT the other day and got blown the fuck out the sky by some undodgeable bullshit from a npc cutty.

Unity1232 wrote:they do work you just have to use the proper flares now. Chaff for em flares for ir and cross section is decoys.

moderndegree wrote:When the servers are lagging, neither will work.

jonboi1 wrote:I'm not sure if the different types of missiles work as intended, but there are different varieties. Strike missiles hit your ship and focus on hull damage. Prox missiles blow up near your ship to prioritize shield damage.

BiggAudi wrote:The lower the SERVER FPS/TICK RATE the higher your flare count has to be for something like the Corsair. Literally 10-12 flares to easily lose a missile from Klescher. It takes like 2 flares on a 20 tick server :)

SpectreHaza wrote:You can press RIGHT ALT + H to queue up MULTIPLE flares at once, so one press just drops as many as you’ve set up, I typically have it set to 4 and drop them as necessary

WingZeroType wrote:There was a bug in 3.18.2 where that didn't actually dump multiple, but that might be fixed now. I'll have to double check. Good call-out!

SirBerticus wrote:Now, if only missiles would actually restock when you try to restock at any landing pad.

Sometimes the Mobiglass App charges you for the missiles but they don't get equipped, and other times it won't even offer to sell you replacement missiles.

Most of my fighters currently fly without any missiles on them because I used them and cannot replenish them without looting from derelicts using a tractor tool.

Tastrix wrote:If it’s the same problem it was in 3.17, the app will still buy the missiles, just not equip them. Meaning, they’d be put into the local inventory, but you’d have to manually equip them through loadout manager.

Most people wouldn’t see this, because A) who checks their local inventory at a random mining station, immediately after trying to restock/repair? And/or B) many people only restock back at home base, where all of their other shit is, so a stock of missiles showing up is just more gear buried in the cluttered inventory system.

IF it’s the same as 3.17, that is. I have been doing any dogfighting this patch, so I couldn’t tell you.

WingZeroType wrote:Sometimes if you wait a bit and try again it succeeds, but yeah missile restock is super iffy

xgamer444 wrote:Leaving the stock missiles and racks on your ship helps reduce the odds of this bug from what I heard.

BiggAudi wrote:The unfortunate solution to this is prior to retrieving the ship you unloaded all missiles in vehicle loadout manager. Save. Close mobi. Open mobi. Load all missiles and and racks. Save. Retrieve ship and zoom out

Siegs wrote:It's a garbage solution but just don't ever land on a pad with missiles missing/fired. You can usually restock hovering over the pad, do that and wait for restock before you land. If restock isn't working, don't land just park outside. If whatever you're doing requires you to land you're a bit fucked lol.

This guy wins the thread:

Reasonable_Praline_2 wrote:there is no pressure wave in space from explosives if there is not mechanical kinetic damage from frangible material there is zero damage from the boom

There is a ton of stuff like this in the game. Real space is nowhere near as much fun as people imagine it to be. That's partly why I gave up my aerospace engineering career lol. Videogames are more fun.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Power Triangle

Unread postby shubn » 22 Jul 2023 19:06

Recently, I've started using the Power Triangle. It's the system that allows you to direct ship power between thrusters, shields and weapons. More power to a system increases its efficiency and regeneration rate. Thrusters power affects boost specifically as far as I know, and shields and weapons should be self-explanatory. Weapons power affects energy weapons, and I don't think it affects ballistics or missiles in any way, though I could be wrong.

While you can distribute power within the triangle in any way you want, you realistically are only going to want to deal with full power to any of these systems, and switch it on the fly depending on the situation. This is why I changed the default bindings from "increase power" to "max power", and I rebound them to 1 2 3 instead of F5 F6 F7, since they are easier to access, and rebound the default 1 2 3, which have to do with pinned targets, to F5 F6 F7. I kept "reset power" on F8, since it's not needed in combat, and I'd rather keep "target attacker" bound to 4. I also changed the order to match the "power on/off" order of these systems, which is engines, then shields, then weapons. "Power on/off" by default is I for engines, O for shields, P for weapons, and so I bound "max power" to 1 for thrusters, 2 for shields, 3 for weapons. If you're using sticks, you're going to want to have them on one of your hat switches.

While in combat, you typically want to keep shields power to max, and only switch to weapons if you're using energy weapons and want to regenerate your shots or if you have a good opening and want the extra capacity, and switch to thrusters when you need to use a lot of boost or regenerate it, for instance if you need to break off to regenerate your shields.

When racing, I keep thrusters at full power, and turn weapons off. I don't know if turning weapons off makes a difference, but you don't need them when racing anyway. On ships you only use for racing, you can remove them entirely.
shubn

Unread postby icycalm » 31 Jul 2023 09:41

Check this out: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/release-view

When I first started playing I had this kooky idea to write down in a text document every mission I completed, in order to complete all of them. This quickly proved impractical because there are upwards of 800 missions by now and moreover their names and some details are semi-randomized so it's quite hard to keep track of what the hell exactly you have done. It really takes the fun out of exploring the verse if every 15 minutes you have to open a text document and try to basically reverse engineer the game's mission structure. So eventually I shelved this idea and I just resolved to explore each facet of the game to such a depth that I'd be sure I'd done everything at least once simply by doing everything many times.

But there is now so much content in the game that you can get quite lost, and it's only going to get "worse" as they add more stuff every 4-5 months. shubn has played more than all of us, and there are still whole facets of the game he hasn't touched.

So I hit upon the idea of using the roadmap as a guide. You need to pick the "Release View" option to do that: just click on my link above, and then expand all the releases all the way back to 3.1 in March 2018. I think with Alpha 3.0 is when the game really became playable, and they've been keeping detailed feature-lists since then.

So all you have to do is work backwards from these lists and just pick up a facet that seems interesting to you, and spend some time exploring it. Even better, pick two or three and switch between them for variety. Then when you feel you're done with one of them, replace it with something else, and just keep going.

I would also advise spending some time reading the ENTIRE page, ALL the updates, to get a good feel of how the game was put together. It's extremely illuminating, and it'll help you catch up on the development of the ONE game you SHOULD have followed religiously since the beginning if the journalists you'd been reading were decent people instead of brainless homosexuals whose only interest in the best traditional game ever is the money it has been raising. So I think this page is the ideal starting point both for scholarly research and for navigating the verse and fully appreciating the game.

P.S. Click on each entry for a pop-up that offers more details.

P.P.S. Keep an eye on the upcoming entries because you can use them to prepare yourself in terms of the vehicles and equipment you will need for tackling the upcoming areas and challenges.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby shubn » 03 Aug 2023 13:12

Advanced MedGun use
With the MedGun, while aiming down the sights or aiming at yourself (B), hold F and click "advanced" to select exactly which drugs to give. If you or the person you're treating has an injury, clicking "auto" selects the appropriate drug for mitigating the symptoms of the injury, with a default duration of 5 minutes. You can manually increase the dosage to mitigate the symptoms for a longer period, though you should keep an eye on the BDL (blood drug level) of the patient to avoid an overdose. Adding Resurgera to the cocktail will double the decay rate of the BDL.

Lead PIP and lag PIP
In ship combat, your PIPs (Predicted Impact Points) are the little icons that give you the best estimate of your ship computer of where to aim in order to hit your target. Lead PIP shows you where to aim, while lag PIP shows you where your shots will land. Lead PIP is the default, and you can change it in the settings. You can also set a keybind to switch between them on the fly. I use lag PIP pretty much all the time. I'd like to say the reason is it gives some kind of tactical advantage, and maybe it does, but the real reason for me is I like to look at the ship I'm fighting rather than some HUD icon floating in space. From what I understand, you can use lead PIP for instance as a target vector indicator and then estimating the lead yourself based on target velocity and the velocity of your shots, or something to that effect, but I don't have much experience with that kind of stuff yet. At any rate, I encourage you to play with both and see what you like.
shubn

Unread postby shubn » 09 Aug 2023 20:59

While armor loadout preset functionality hasn't been implemented yet, I realized there was a way to get pretty close to it. The idea is simply to fill your spec's backpacks, cores and legs with as much of your spec's gear as possible, which is to say everything except primary weapons (they don't fit in backpacks), as well as preparing your weapons with your attachments of choice. As you can see in the screenshot below, all of the gear that will be attached on the armor is in the backpack, including sidearm and helmet, ready to be equipped. This way, gearing up or giving a set of your spec to someone should take a minute at the most.

Regarding primary weapons, one cool thing is that once they are attached to a backpack, it can be placed on the ground with the weapons on it. Not only does this make it easy to give the whole thing to someone in one go, it also allows you to give weapons to someone anywhere, including inside of armistice zones. You can either have the backpack on your back, attach the weapons to it, then drag it to your hands, or drag the backpack from the inventory to your hands, then drag the weapons to it in order to attach them. Then, you may want to use the "place" option rather than dropping it, as it seems to reduce the risk of the backpack phasing through the ground.

shubn

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Aug 2023 04:01

I am going to make a bunch of packs like that for the Inquisitor rank, so I can give them to new recruits when they drop in unexpectedly. The expectation is that eventually they'll buy their own but, at least for the first session, the officers should be prepared to help a nigga out. So recoil, ysignal, and Chev, please prepare at least a couple of these when you have a chance, and always keep a couple of them in stock from now on. If we're gonna get to 50+ members, we're gonna have to do this quite frequently.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 17 Aug 2023 09:32

Does it fit? Do you want turn your ship into a Matryoshka doll? Look no further, this ship-in-a-ship guide is for you! (Shared from SC Discord, original credit: r/KriLL3)
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... hip_into_a

There was a post earlier in the thread with an earlier fitment guide from 3.18 that didn't include the Furys et al., but I deleted it to keep the thread tight.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Aug 2023 04:49

Made a Star Map wallpaper
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... _wallpaper

Appropriate-Math422 wrote:FYI there's no station (landing zone) at CRUL2 or CRUL3.

edit: I see you added the list of names and already know that. Just for everyone else's own edification. I learned about CRUL3 the hard way on the way to MT thinking I could refuel there and continue on.

GnarlyNevets wrote:Yea, it is weird that there is nothing at those two places.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Cornerstone: Planetary Survey

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Aug 2023 00:39

This site is hella useful: https://cstone.space/survey/?body=stanton

You can drill down into every single facility on Stanton, with full stats and even trading/tactical advice. And best of all, tons of images and pictures of every location that makes everything look good, unlike many other community efforts. Slick as hell UI too.

Can't wait to see the Pyro section.
icycalm
Hyperborean

PreviousNext

Return to Cult Citizen