default header

Cult Citizen

Luminalia 2952

Moderator: JC Denton

Luminalia 2952

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Dec 2022 19:27

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... nalia-2952

CIG wrote:What is Luminalia?

Luminalia is an annual holiday celebrated by both the Banu and Humans on December 22. It began as the irregularly-held Banu festival 'tsikti efanga' (Glow Festival), which was marked by the lighting of ceremonial lamps that remained lit until their fuel was consumed. While the lamps were burning, all Banu, no matter their location, were considered one Souli (a group of cohabiting Banu who formed an alliance centered around a specific shared skillset).

Today, Banu and Humans commemorate Luminalia with gift-exchanges, present hunts, glowing lights, food and drink, and gatherings of family, friends, business associates, and acquaintances.

For more info on Luminalia, check out the Galactapedia.

If you go every day from today and for 10-12 days to that link at the top and scroll about 3/4ths of the way down, there'll be unique gifts for your hangar. Today they have these gay sweaters: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/prom ... alia-Day-1

I still don't see them in my hangar, but I've heard this sort of thing takes a while: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spec ... ng/5599369

Chris Wayne Schmitt | CIG @Wayne-CIG wrote:Hi all,

we're aware of an issue with Luminalia Gifts not showing up in some of your web hangars once redeemed.

The right people are investigating, and we'll hopefully have it resolved soon.

Thanks for your patience!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Luminalia 2952

Unread postby shubn » 13 Dec 2022 14:03

Day 2 gift is a couple of paints for the Origin 100 series: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/prom ... alia-Day-2

During the whole event there are these small gift boxes scattered around landing zones and in loot boxes. They can be sold at trading consoles for 500 aUEC a pop.

shubn

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Dec 2022 11:20

I just remembered that I also have a clone, and I went in with the clone and got all the items. Keep that in mind, Adjudicator, if you want doubles for your clone. You also don't have to log in every day. You can just log in the last day of Luminalia and click on all of them and get all of them. Or at least that's how it has worked up to now, so don't blame me if this doesn't work the last day. Do it two-three days to be sure. But you certainly don't need to do it all 12 days.

Which makes me wonder what's stopping people from registering 50 clones and getting 100s of these items and then selling them in the grey market? Even if you sell them for a few bucks a pop, you should make enough to buy some ships with that. You can even sell the accounts later, if you give them out at a discount from the starter packages.

This game COULD be a full-time job for some people if they work all the angles, and especially if they live in third-world places. But third-worlders are too dumb to play this game, let alone figure out how to work the angles. (They're also too lazy to work any angles lol.)
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Adjudicator » 14 Dec 2022 16:49

Items given by Cloud Imperium Games as part of a referral promotion/milestone achievements are not giftable. There are also several other restrictions and time delay mechanisms in place to hamper and inconvenience those trying to make a quick profit.

https://support.robertsspaceindustries. ... fting-FAQs

Cloud Imperium Games wrote:WHEN CAN I GIFT A PLEDGE?

Once an account has made its first pledge, there is a 30-day "gifting lock-out" period. After that time has elapsed, pledges that are normally eligible to be gifted to another account may be sent freely.

GIFTING RESTRICTIONS

• A brand new RSI account cannot start sending gifts immediately. You can start sending gifts to your friends 30 days after making your first pledge.
  • Game packages, standalone ships, and other pledge store items may be gifted once. This is counted as once per pledge, not once per account.
  • Multi-Factor Authentication must be enabled before a gift can be sent away.
  • Once a pledge has been gifted it will be ‘locked’ to the account on which it has been accepted.

RSI Support will not assist with circumventing these restrictions.

WHAT YOU CAN'T GIFT

The following items can never be giftable:

• Orders with physical merchandise, like books or apparel.
  • Backer rewards from Kickstarter pledges are tied to your account.
  • Referral rewards are tied to your account.
  • Pledges made with partial or full Store Credit.
  • Pledges from special promotions or rewards.
  • Pledges with an extremely high monetary value (above $1,000 USD).
  • Any model of the Idris, regardless of monetary value.

Furthermore, it is against the terms of service of Star Citizen to trade an RSI account, and can be liable for actions including account termination.

The Star Citizen Trades Reddit (r/Starcitizen_trades) used as a means of grey market trading of giftable items, tolerates discreet account trading, but as a "buyer beware" policy, emphasises the extreme risk of such trades, and requires all account sale threads to be flagged as "Black Market" with mandatory disclaimers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_tr ... /accounts/

r/Starcitizen_trades wiki wrote:Listing a Star Citizen account for sale.

If you have found a buyer for your account, or you are purchasing one, please read the additional safe practices FAQ here.

Please note our stance on account trading

This subreddit tolerates but does not advocate the practice of account trading. Our understanding is that unlike pledges, game accounts are not virtual commodities but licenses granted by RSI that are subject to the END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT. The EULA clearly states accounts are nontransferable, thus account trading would violate the EULA resulting in actions including account termination.

We believe a ban on account trades in /r/starcitizen_trades will not stop the practice, but only displace the problem elsewhere. Instead, we prescribe to a policy of awareness raising and full disclosure. To highlight the extreme risk of these types of trades, we require all 'account sale' to be listed as [blackmarket] with mandatory disclaimers clearly displayed on the merchant page. By making clear this legal disadvantage for the buyer, we hope that these transactions are limited to well-informed consenting adults that have taken the time to introspect on their risk tolerance.

Thanks for the reminder to accept the gifts on my clone account. Might also be considering about how to create referral accounts to get the MPUV Cargo referral gifts for the clone account.
Adjudicator

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Dec 2022 22:27

I got the MPUV on my main account by telling Support that I referred my clone a few days before Luminalia, and can I please have the MPUV? So they gave it to me, and after 30 days they say they will also give it to my clone. You can try doing this. Maybe I chanced on a sympathetic Support person...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Adjudicator » 18 Dec 2022 14:40

For my primary account, I have put a support ticket asking Cloud Imperium Games nicely to deem my primary account which completed a referral right before Luminalia as having accomplished the referral bonus. I have yet to hear a reply from them about this for the past three days.

Reading this Reddit topic on other players' experiences of the Luminalia referral prompted me to experiment: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... rral_bonus

random2400 wrote:The argo is not tradable, giftable, or meltable. But it is upgradable.

You can gift whatever you buy on the alt accounts back to your main one though.

You don't even need to buy a game package on the alt account. You just need to spend $40

karnson wrote:From the FAQ: "The bonus is granted when a new player uses your referral code and pledges for a starter pack or ship (minimum $40) on the Pledge Store."

SevenandForty wrote:CCUs work too

Pojodan wrote:Nope. Referral bonuses have $0 value (Though you can upgrade off of it as if it were worth $35) and are unmeltable or giftable, even after upgrading them.

You can submit a ticket to RSI if you end up wanting it removed, but you won't get any Store credit for the base ship and it will just be deleted (But you will get Store credit for any upgrades applied to it)

I created a dummy account using CULTCLONE-2's referral code. Then I purchased only a standalone Warbond LTI Cutter, without any game package, to confirm this works.

Result: CULTCLONE-2 is deemed to have accomplished the Luminalia referral and the RSI account now has an Argo MPUV Cargo added to it.
Adjudicator

Unread postby Adjudicator » 21 Dec 2022 04:40

Finally, after 5 days of waiting from writing the support ticket, Cloud Imperium Games has deemed my primary account to qualify for the Luminalia referral bonus.

I was also informed to have the other account raise a ticket if its Luminalia referral bonus is not attributed after 30 days.

Thank you once again icycalm for your suggestion to ask support nicely.
Adjudicator

Return to Cult Citizen