Global Event: XenoThreat

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Apr 2023 03:30

XenoThreat for New Players
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... ew-Players

XenoThreat Returns
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... at-Returns

Star Citizen: Assault on Stanton – Incoming Threat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQygoI0rerU

Star Citizen wrote:An outlaw group known as XenoThreat has launched a campaign of violence in the Stanton System and the Navy has requested CDF support to help combat the scourge.

Preaching a viciously anti-UEE and xenophobic rhetoric, XenoThreat forces have been responsible for dozens of attacks against civilian and corporate structures.

XenoThreat is an event AND a faction, so it will eventually also get its own faction thread here, like Nine Tails etc. In fact they sound like a faction I'd like to join lol. But for now let's focus on the event because it's in about a day.

Commander ysignal injured his wrist in a snowboarding accident on microTech, so he won't be joining us in person for this mission. He will however be controlling CULTCLONE-2 from home and piloting one of our Carracks.

I will be in my Scorpius and Commanders recoil and ChevRage in their Super Hornets. Inquisitors Adjudicator, shubn and ExiledOne will be flying their Gladiuses.

shubn have you by any chance bought the Eclipse you said you would? If you have, you can use this instead, as I think it will be useful against some of the larger opposition. If you haven't bought it, no worries.

Note that the Cult Spec has been amended, so check that first before you buy your gear, and buy at least 3 sets of everything. 4-5 would be preferable. You don't lose unused gear anyway, you just keep it for the next event.

Even if you die in the last part of the mission, which I think is space-only, you must still fully gear-up before returning to the battle, you can't just show up in a flight suit, first of all because it won't match the rest of us, and also because we might attempt several runs in a row if we have the time.

ysignal you need to buy your gear WITH THE CULTCLONE-2 ACCOUNT, because that's the one that owns the Carrack. It probably has 200k like the rest of us, but if it doesn't, you can just send it your money.

I don't really have much of a plan because I haven't read deeply into the mission stages. I don't want to spoil it for myself by looking at videos etc. My plan is to just go in and see what happens, and adjust tactics for further runs on the day, or on future attempts. At any rate there seems to be some package-running in there, so the Carrack should handle it fine.

An advanced strategy would be switching our respawn to the Carrack and trying landing a couple of Gladiuses in its hangar as quick extra lives, but I have two reservations about this. 1) What happens if you die 2-3 times? How do you get your ship the third time? You need to go back to a landing zone. How can you do that without wasting time traveling to the landing zone? And 2) We would need to bring some extra gear on the Carrack for the respawns, and that would take time to load etc. I am not saying it's a bad strategy, I am sure it's a good one if done well. We could probably even arrange to take both our Carracks so we can have say 4 extra Gladiuses/lives, and maybe you can even park another Gladius on the landing pad at the top, but it's a complex strategy with several parts we aren't sure about, so I am not sure if we should overcomplicate things for our first attempt. I say let's keep it simple for this weekend, and then we take our results and next time we go complex.

Let me know if you have objections or suggestions. If no one offers anything, this is the plan.

Please try to have all your gear ready at the start time, and make sure your landing zone is set to Area 18. Also figure out how to apply paints to your ships, and have all the necessary paints applied (see Cult Spec for details).
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Dynamic Event: XenoThreat

Unread postby shubn » 29 Apr 2023 15:49

I didn't buy the Eclipse yet. I know I said I would buy it as soon as it's available, but I've now decided to "CCU game" to it.

One issue I see is that the Gladiuses will have trouble reaching microTech from ArcCorp with the default military-class quantum drive without at least a couple of refueling stops. One solution to this problem would be to use a more efficient civilian-class quantum drive, like the Eos for instance, which wouldn't be my first choice, but is available at Dumper's Depot in Area18. The Scorpius and Super Hornet should come with the Eos by default.

Speaking of quantum drives, the Carrack's default one is painfully slow, and a better option would be the Pontes. Again, not my first choice, but it's available from Area18 Dumper's Depot.

Another thing I see is that the Carrack is the only ship we are taking that is capable of hauling cargo. Without spoiling too much, let's just say that cargo hauling is an integral part of the mission. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with our setup, but just keep in mind that if no cargo hauling is taking place, we could be fighting forever.
shubn

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Apr 2023 17:43

Well, we can’t afford a Hercules just yet. Would having Adjudicator bring his second Carrack solve the hauling issue? Do you think we’d need a third hauler? ysignal’s Corsair would probably be our next biggest one I think. We COULD try taking more ships than players by assembling our entire force some safe distance from the battlefield and going back and forth to switch ships between stages. Let me know how this sounds.

As for switching to civilian quantum drives, surely there must be some tradeoffs in preferring civilian ones to military ones for military craft? I mean I had no idea my Scorpius has a civilian one and would rather have a military one. Would bringing a Starfarer solve this issue? I think Adjudicator has a couple.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Apr 2023 17:51

Which quantum drives would be your ideal choices for all the ships we’re taking and where can we buy them, and can we even afford them at this stage?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby shubn » 29 Apr 2023 19:21

Anything with internal space can do for hauling (they're 1/8 SCU boxes, not 1 SCU), though bigger can be better because of the better shields. Ideally you don't want all your eggs in the same basket, first off in case the hauler gets attacked, and second, because different boxes have different limitations, the two main ones being the boxes that become unstable after a certain amount of time, and the ones that must be hauled without using quantum travel. It's certainly possible to move all types in the same ship, so long as you prioritize and move boxes fast. Using just the Carrack could work, with for instance a couple of people disembarking from their fighters to help with moving boxes while the rest are defending. Or they could stay in the Carrack and man the turrets for defense when not moving boxes, with maybe a Gladius on the hangar deck just in case.

Assembling our force a safe distance from the battlefield and going back and forth could work. We could even park near the Javelin, that should be relatively safe.

As for quantum drives, the tradeoff is that civilian ones are slower than military ones, but a lot more efficient. It makes sense that small fighters wouldn't be able to travel across an entire system and that you would need a carrier to transport them near the battlefield, but proper carriers aren't in the game yet. A Starfarer could solve the issue, and double as a hauler.

My preferred quantum drives for any ship except stealth ones are:
- Size 1: Atlas (Civilian), 17,900 aUEC, HUR-L5 - Platinum Bay
- Size 2: XL-1 (Military), 94,900 aUEC, Orison - Cousin Crows / Port Tressler - Platinum Bay
- Size 3: TS-2 (Military), 93,700 aUEC, Orison - Cousin Crows / CRU-L5 - Platinum Bay

The Scorpius, Super Hornet and Gladius are size 1, the Carrack is size 3.
shubn

Unread postby Adjudicator » 29 Apr 2023 19:26

A Carrack or a Hercules may not be an ideal cargo hauler for the XenoThreat event, as watching videos and reading Reddit threads on the event revealed that there are cargo types that are time-sensitive (rush them to destination ASAP before they explode) or quantum-sensitive (quantum travel renders the cargo useless—must fly the cargo conventionally to the dropoff point).

For quantum drives, civilian drives are the balanced baseline for spooling and cooldown, speed and quantum fuel consumption. Higher-grade drives (D, C, B or A) improve all aspects of the drive, although they cost more.

Military drives have shorter spool up and cooldown times, and have significantly higher quantum travel maximum speeds (about 2x of a civilian drive), with the drawbacks of very high quantum fuel consumption (2.5x to 3x), along with a high purchase price.

Higher-grade military drives have a slightly higher maximum speed, but at a noticeable increase in quantum fuel consumption. This is what I remember based on my experience in the 3.17 era—using the size 2 grade C military Crossfield, size 2 grade A military XL-1 and the size 2 grade A civilian Hemera quantum drives in my Vanguard Sentinel.

For ships using size 1 quantum drives, I recommend the grade A Atlas civilian drive, as most ships at that size have small quantum fuel tanks, and I find this drive fast enough without needing to stop for fuel too frequently. It can be purchased from HUR-L5 station.

The military drives at this size have around 2x as fast quantum travel speed, but consume around 3x as much quantum fuel. One example is the military grade C Beacon that comes with the Anvil Arrow and the Aegis Gladius, or purchased at HUR-L3 or Port Tressler station at microTech.

Ships using size 2 quantum drives generally have large enough fuel tanks to make use of military drives. I can recommend the Grade C Crossfield military drive that can be purchased at Area18 Dumper's Depot, CRU-L1, CRU-L5 or Port Tressler station.
Adjudicator

Unread postby shubn » 29 Apr 2023 19:38

I don't get too hung up on parts classes in the current state of the game, simply because all of the mechanics for them haven't been implemented yet. For instance, I don't think there's any good reason currently to use "industrial" or "competition" parts. Sure, I'd rather have a military QD in my fighters, but I'd also rather not have to refuel every 5 minutes and hope that the server decides to let me refuel that day.
shubn

XenoThreat Overdrive

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Feb 2024 23:33

So as you will see below, the Idris has nothing to do with this event. But then is CIG planning to debut two events this week? Highly unlikely. At any rate, whatever happens, we shall be ready.

If this is a separate event from the old XenoThreat, I will split the thread when we find out.

Seems they're going next-level with their events as this bigger and longer than all others put together.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... 08i6ISma2e

akuboyasu @akuboyasu wrote:Guide to new Xenothreat event - Overdrive
A guide to completing the new Xenothreat Dynamic Event "Overdrive"

Players:

For this event, I suggest a minimum of 3 players. Bring A LOT of ammo, and do not forget your med guns. Have your party leader accept each mission and share with everyone else. If two people accept a mission, they will get different locations, so don't do that (this applies to all phases except phase 3 as explained below).

Ships:

I found the Redeemer, Corsair and Ares Ion/Inferno to be the best choices for this event. If group is big enough, bringing a C8R or Cutlass Red is a nice addition to heal injured players. Upgrade your Quantum Drive, you will be travelling through all of Stanton. Get good shields and guns, you will be fighting Hammerheads and turrets.

Time:

About 6 hours or so, give or take.

Description of the event:

Consists of 6 phases, each phase has a number of stages.

Phases:

PHASE 1

-5 stages. FPS battles.

-Bunkers. Go to bunker, destroy hostile turrets, eliminate hostile XT NPCs.

-Find the one engineer in civilian clothes, kill him and loot his chest/legs for a key, take key to server room.

-One person monitors the server room, their job consists of watching for servers heating up.

-The other players need to run around the bunker looking at screens for a blue error pop up, which has a server number (S-123) and code (1234) they need to shout out in party chat, which the server room player can then input to cool down that server and continue the upload.

PHASE 2

-3 stages. Space battles.

-Bounties and collection of a key to drop off.

-Go to location, kill the ships (think MRT/HRT level bounty), get out of your ship into EVA, go to the marker for the key, grab key, deliver key to a certain drop off location.

-Stage 3 bounty has a Hammerhead, be careful.

PHASE 3

-5 stages. Space battles.

-Incursions. Big space battle vs 4 hammerheads and about 20 other ships.

-Seems to be server wide, is not shareable (so every party member needs to accept the mission on their own).

-Go to location, kill all the ships. If server very populated and many others outside your group competing to complete this phase, don't worry, just kill at least 1 ship and you will get stage completion.

PHASE 4

-3 stages. Space battles.

-Commlink.

-Go to commlink, kill 3 ships. Get out of your ship into EVA and enter the commlink, shoot the mines laid all over to clear a path to the computer. Start the commlink recovery (no need for Tigersclaw, no need for monitoring the screen). Head back to your ship.

-Hostile ships will spawn in waves, prioritize killing the Vanguard ships, as they disrupt your commlink recovery, then kill rest of ships.

PHASE 5

-1 stage. FPS battle.

-Security Post Kareah.

-Go to SPK, stop their hacking device in central computer room; after, you will see a marker to a Tigersclaw closeby, grab it and enter it in the central computer. This will start an upload.

-Waves and waves of angry XT NPCs will attack you. Have at least one party member watching the upload screen (there will be at least 1 interruption you need to clear on screen).

-The rest of the party members run around and kill.

-Very very fun, very very deadly. Do your best to survive.

-At the end of upload, click RESET. Leave.

PHASE 6

-1 stage. FPS and package delivery.

-3 packages need to be picked up and delivered to a location.

-You go to a wreck site with some XT NPCs. Kill the NPCs, pick up the 3 packages, take them to drop off location.

Event complete.

Hope this guide helps you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... reat_event

Rasc_ wrote:Uh, this could take 6 hours long? Is it possible to do all these phases in different days? Will having a bigger group makes things go faster?

AhegaoHoodiePope wrote:Yes you can spread this over many days, since as long as you complete a stage the game seems to remember where you left off. Having a bigger group helps with killing things faster, and having party members with fast ships take care of phases with drop-offs helps speed things up as well.

Jockcop wrote:No mention of the Idris there?

AhegaoHoodiePope wrote:There is no Idris in this event.

AgonizingSquid wrote:The Idris was a separate thing the devs just brought in as a test, all of us thought the same when doing the event.

vantweis666 wrote:Excuse my ignorance but is this on Live or PTU?

AhegaoHoodiePope wrote:PTU, but seems they might be going live with it this week, or at least soon.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Global Event: XenoThreat

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Mar 2024 23:24

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... ruary-2024

Cloud Imperium Games wrote:The development of XenoThreat 1.2 continued, with changes to gameplay and the implementation of freight elevators

So it's an update, not a new event. Very exciting either way. And with Blockade Runner on the way, that's almost two new events for 3.23.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 09 Mar 2024 17:00

Weekly Sneak Peek
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... sneak_peek

SeamasterCitizen wrote:F7C mk2 alongside the new dynamic event?

CptnChumps wrote:That looks like what it is to me as well!

hoodieweather- wrote:Overdrive Initiative? A hornet tail? What could it all mean?!

dirkhardslab wrote:New event

new sale

new hornet prices!

franknitty69 wrote:Overdrive initiative. One of the dynamic events they have been cooking up for a while.

Some people seem to think Overdrive is a new event, and others think it's the (now confirmed) XenoThreat update. I would prefer a new event, but it sounds unlikely that two new events (with Blockade Runner) AND an event update are coming at the same time. Recall also that we've never properly played XenoThreat. We played it one time when the servers were shit, it took us ages to start the event (in order to take cool pics lol), and we died almost immediately. And people say it's one of the better ones. So I would love to experience the original, or at least its 1.2 update. But if Overdrive is a complete overhaul of it, I'll never play the original :(

In any case, I've kept the Overdrive posts in this thread for now, and will split them off into their own thread if it ends up being a new event.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Mar 2024 01:13

There was a code in today's TWISC update (This Week in Star Citizen) that just dropped: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... ar-Citizen

Lénaïc "Nicou" Riédinger, Community Manager wrote:Thursday, we'll tell you everything there is to know about the Character Customizer coming with Alpha 3.23. Don't miss this episode of Inside Star Citizen! Our Intel teams have also received an anonymous tip: Josmimxos Xhxuxtuxos... Pshjubmstu xy zjgxha...

To be clear, the latest episode of ISC and the tip are different things, both landing on Thursday, as the detailed schedule further down the page makes clear:

Lénaïc "Nicou" Riédinger, Community Manager wrote:THURSDAY, MARCH 14, 2024

• Inside Star Citizen - Character Customizer (Youtube.com/@RobertsSpaceInd)
  • Josmimxos Xhxuxtuxos... Pshjubmstu xy zjgxha...

And someone on Reddit cracked the code:

TWISC Coded Message Rough Translation
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... ranslation

So it looks like a new XenoThreat version or brand-new XenoThreat event is dropping on Thursday. I have no idea if it will run through the weekend, but chances are good that it will, in which case we're playing it on Saturday as usual at our two time slots (1 PM UTC and 10 PM UTC, and people can play either or both slots).

I may or may not be around on Thursday to stock up on gear and maybe give the event a little trial to see what we're in for. Any info I glean I'll post in this thread, and others should do the same if they try it before Saturday and learn anything.

Very exciting.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to STANTON