default header

Development

World Anvil templates

Moderator: JC Denton

World Anvil templates

Unread postby icycalm » 23 May 2023 22:09

It's possible, by looking in a page's source code, to grab the CSS styling and use it on your own pages. So what I will be doing in this thread is cataloguing all the various World Anvil pages I find whose styling I can copy to style specific pages and types of pages on the Battlegrounds Codex. I am also saving these pages to my hard drive, in case their owners take them down or make them private, which happens often.

I'll start with a stunner: https://www.worldanvil.com/w/the-sagas- ... settlement

I plan to use this for cities (fantasy cities, I mean). Keep in mind it's difficult to get it to look exactly the same. But I will do my best. And of course I will improve it wherever possible. For example his header image is low-res and mars the entire thing. If it has to be low-res, at least make it smaller in size, etc.

Note also that the Battlegrounds site will be on my own unique URL and won't have the anti-immersive World Anvil navigation bar at the top, because I am paying for Sage tier which lets you strip all that out.

Can you imagine the Oppara or Korvosa pages in such a format? A feast for the eyes, and it's all coming very soonTM.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Development