default header

Hardware

[PS3] Hori Fighting Stick 3 and Real Arcade Pro 3

Moderator: JC Denton

[PS3] Hori Fighting Stick 3 and Real Arcade Pro 3

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Dec 2006 15:15

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/doc ... 3/hori.htm

Hori is releasing two new arcade sticks for PS3 on the 8th of February. The MSRPs of the Fighting Stick 3 and the Real Arcade Pro 3 will be 5,229 and 8,379 yen respectively.

The good thing here is that both sticks will have a USB interface, which will make them perfect for all your MAME and general emulation needs -- without the need for laggy adaptors. I am getting the RAP3 as soon as it comes out.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby bullethell » 13 Feb 2007 01:01

Hori Real Arcade Pro 3

It's officiall. According to shoryuken forum, HRAP 3 works perfectly with PC. Just hold the Home button for 5 secs and it will be recognized. No drivers needed, plug n play. Top choice for MAME. I can't wait to get mine. I must hurry, we all know it will be out of stock pretty soon!
Last edited by bullethell on 28 Nov 2008 16:38, edited 1 time in total.
bullethell

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Feb 2007 04:26

Thanks for the heads-up, this is really awesome news. I made a post on IC about it:

http://www.insertcredit.com/archives/001603.html

The wristpad and rubber sheet also look cool.

We'll have to think about getting ours sooner than planned, I am afraid... Shit, and I've spent a ton of money on games this past week...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby bullethell » 13 Feb 2007 15:23

Heh, heh. I imported like crazy this month too(PS2 JP shmups and one more dreamcast etc..). But I dont care as I know this stick worth every euro. I trusted you Icy and bought again a HRAP to use for my shmups now i cant look back!
What I need now is another one for MAME and future PS3 STG games. Its lag-free PC MAME usage makes it more desirable. Icy lets buy it man. And people if you think about getting one, do it now.

Wristpads and rubber sheets? Mmm, tasty!
Last edited by bullethell on 28 Nov 2008 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
bullethell

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Jul 2007 21:32

My Fighting Stick 3 just arrived. I'll try getting it to work with MAME tonight and report back with impressions.

I'll do the same for the HRAP 3 once I manage to get one. I waited too long and PA is out of stock now. However, there is this beauty now coming in September:

http://www.hori.jp/products/ps3/control ... index.html

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl- ... -1xji.html
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby bullethell » 10 Feb 2008 21:05

Ill buy the HRAP3 the day when a shmup appear on the PS3.I still use HRAP2 for PS2 and PC.However HRAP3's USB port is still an awesome reason to buy one.So Icycalm did you bought one?Hows the Fighting Stick 3 so far?

edit: Playasiadotcom sells HRAP3 for ~62euro
bullethell

Unread postby Molloy » 11 Feb 2008 11:40

Ah, coolio. I've bought 3 different adaptors in the past for PS2 to PC but I always get lag. Must get me one of these.
Molloy

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Feb 2008 17:10

I got the Fighting Stick back in the summer, but I haven't used it at all because it turns out there's no way to make it work with a PC. There are a couple of home-made drivers online, but none of them work. It seems that to work with a PC the stick must have a switch to change between digital/analog controls, and the FS3 doesn't have it. The HRAP 3 does, so that's what we need to get.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Hardware