default header

Hardware

PolyGame Master 2

Moderator: JC Denton

PolyGame Master 2

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Oct 2007 00:51

This will be out soon so I thought I'd make a thread to collect info as it comes up. I am very curious to find out the specs of this board.

Known so far:

1. Incompatible with PGM carts
2. Low res
3. JAMMA standard
4. All future IGS games will be for the PGM2
5. There will be no more games for the PGM (board has already been discontinued)
6. No titles yet announced beyond OL2

Info taken for this fansite:

http://www.igs-pgm.com/
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby NFG » 27 Nov 2007 02:27

Any word yet on Cave's plans for this new hardware? Seeing as most (all?) of their releases since DDP2 have been on PGM hardware...
我一直指责上帝
NFG

Unread postby icycalm » 27 Nov 2007 22:07

Actually all the Cave titles from Mushihime-sama onwards use a custom Cave board with a Hitachi SH-3 CPU.

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=868

That includes the latest title, Deathsmiles. So I highly doubt they'd go back to use someone else's board any time soon. The real question is when they'll come up with their own 4th generation design...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby CosMind » 01 Dec 2007 04:21

icycalm wrote:Actually all the Cave titles from Mushihime-sama onwards use a custom
That includes the latest title, Deathsmiles. So I highly doubt they'd go back to use someone else's board any time soon. The real question is when they'll come up with their own 4th generation design...

and the realer question is - has anyone played deathsmiles, yet? or the realest question, did it ever come out?
i've been trying to track down the answers to these great mysteries for a bit, but to no avail.

i know someone here has the answer to both :)

let's have it!
CosMind

Return to Hardware