Date:
February 4th & 5th, 2017

Time:
Saturday - 9am to 5pm
Sunday - 9am to 4pm

Ticket Price:
$18 - for single day admssion
$30 - for two day admission

Despite containing the second stupidest word in videogames, this expo isn't too bad especially if you're looking for older games, and they set up a handful of arcade games and consoles for free play. They also moved into a bigger venue, so they'll probably have much more stuff there than the previous year. I'll update this thread with meetup details as it gets closer to the event date.
recoil

Unread postby recoil » 15 Jan 2017 19:28

Gus from the Discord server is a +1 for the meetup.

The current plan is to meet at a designated point at the expo at opening time. I'll be on that point for 30 minutes, we'll meet and introduce ourselves to each other, and proceed from there. If you can't make that time, let me know on the forum or on Discord on the offline channel and I'll arrange a way for you to locate the group.
recoil

Unread postby recoil » 20 Jan 2017 01:45

Frenetic from the Shmups forum extended an invite out to us to check out their STG Weekly exhibit.

Their forum post for the event: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=59150

A little taste of what they are bringing out here. From the Discord #offline channel:

Frenetic wrote:i think we're bringing all the shmups on Xbox 360 (edited)
i'm thinking Armed Police Batrider for the supergun
basically stuff that didn't come out on console, maybe Thunder Dragon 2
really show the retro console ppl the retro arcade JAMMA stuff
Sony PVMs, RGB display quality, arcade sticks, the whole lot

yeah i really wanted to present a hardcore setup representing Japanese arcade games / shmups / JAMMA hardware
Softdrink is going to be there, he is one of the top US players in Ibara, being able to 1cc and get a very good letter score.
recoil

Unread postby recoil » 03 Feb 2017 21:21

Yeah, I got in contact with Gus and Frenetic. They are both still up to meet.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 03 Feb 2017 21:43

Well, take a couple of pics then so I can put them up on Facebook after. That's all I ask from every meetup: a pic or two to put on FB.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 03 Feb 2017 21:47

I mean a pic that includes you and Gus -- not so much a pic of the convention. Of course if you can combine everything, that would be best. I.e. a pic or two of you guys playing or checking out the stuff on display, as opposed to a pic of people standing around.

And if people are camera-shy, respect that, and do the best you can under the circumstances.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 07 Feb 2017 13:09

My camera work is terrible lol. I'll try to set up some better shots at the next event.

IMG_0224.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Feb 2017 13:39

Nice! Those are all from Frenetic's stand, right? That gives a good idea of what was going on. Much more hardware than I would have imagined. And that's Gus in pics 1 and 3? I can see my arcade stick on top of the TV in the third pic, but with modded stick.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 07 Feb 2017 13:54

That's his stand and that is Gus. Their hardware collection was great. You can see their streaming set up here: https://www.twitch.tv/stgweekly/videos/all
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Feb 2017 01:52

Which day was this? I need the date to make the FB post.

That Twitch channel is great. I subscribed with the Insomnia account to show my support, and I'll be checking some of the videos when I find some time.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 10 Feb 2017 08:05

The first two pictures are from Sunday February 5 and the third picture is from Saturday February 4.
recoil

Return to Offline