For Honor (2017)

[PC] [PS4] [ONE] For Honor

Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] [PS4] [ONE] For Honor

Unread postby infernovia » 24 Feb 2017 17:30

I will be playing this on a PC.

If we can get four people so we can tackle Dominion together, that will be ideal.
infernovia

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Feb 2017 17:39

I think the best would be if people split into 2-player teams and finish the campaign first. It's supposed to be short anyway.

I will look into whether it can run decently on an 860M, and then, if there is enough interest, I might buy it, though it's still hella expensive. On the other hand, it is an MP game, and you want to get in while lots of people are playing, so the premium is part of the deal.

I read somewhere that it is highly optimized for Nvidia cards, so maybe it will run decently for me.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Feb 2017 18:08

Turns out my laptop can run this well enough:

For Honor on Nvidia Geforce GTX 860M 2GB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kdjwJBarZ4

So I bought it on Steam and we'll be playing and streaming the campaign with infern in a couple of hours. I urge more people to join us and help the Cult spread fear and pain on the battlefield.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Feb 2017 21:13

From Discord: https://discord.gg/7ZKAkEj

I wrote:Guys there is a persistent strategic aspect to the MP
And we have to choose between knight, samurai and vikings
So we are gonna be knights
Make sure you choose knights as your faction at startup
Last edited by icycalm on 24 Feb 2017 22:05, edited 1 time in total.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Feb 2017 22:03

You can change names on Uplay as many times as you wish with no issues, so I changed mine to CULT-icycalm, and it'd be nice if everyone else who wants in on this did the same, since there doesn't seem to be another way to signify clan membership in the game, at least so far.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby panegyrist » 25 Feb 2017 20:22

I'm reposting my request for a co-op partner here.

If anyone would like to try playing through the campaign with me, I'm free any day from 10pm to 5am Pacific time. On weekends I could fit in a few hours during the day, too.

If no one wants to play the campaign with me, I can be available for multiplayer during those same times, so if you see me playing the game by myself feel free to message me and I'll pause the campaign to play multiplayer. I'll make an @everyone post in Discord when I know I'll have time to play that day. Hopefully we can try the 4v4 mode together.
panegyrist

Unread postby recoil » 25 Feb 2017 22:22

I told quash I would play co-op with him over Discord.

quash, let me know if you are still up for it here on the forum.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Feb 2017 06:52

I wrote:That's the clan emblem I whipped up
Here are the instructions for how to reproduce it exactly (edited)
Go to the Social menu > Profile > Emblem editor
Category "Background" - Background: no. 6, Color 1: no.1, Color 2: no.6 (edited)
Category "S1" - Symbol: just browse and find it, Color: first column, 7th color down
Categories S2, S3, S4, and S5 - no changes
Category "Outline" - the last outline (edited)
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Feb 2017 07:15

I wrote:One modification:

You need to raise the dragon emblem by 15 pixels, so go to the S1 - Transform option and set the Move Y coordinate to -15, then save it. Don't touch any other option from that screen.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Feb 2017 10:32

These are the players who have the game so far, as far as I know:

icycalm
infernovia
recoil
Qpo
The Hanged Man
Robomoo
panegyrist
radoverum

danjiro said he'd get the game today (Sunday), and quash probably next weekend.

The session protocol is: when you see people playing on Discord, don't be shy and jump into the channel with them and say hi. The existing players, for their part, should make sure to welcome all people who join the channel, and adjust the mode(s) they are playing accordingly to accommodate the newcomers. We want all people who are online and want to play, to play as soon as possible. Don't leave anyone out, if you don't want to be left out.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Feb 2017 15:51

Since at least one person has expressed interest in the PS4 version of the game (void), and at least one other person has both versions (radoverum), I am wondering whether it's worth it for me to get it too once I get my PS4 Pro and extend the clan's activity to the PS4 version of the game. I would like to check out how many people are online with this on the PS4, and it would sure be nice to play on 1080p with what I presume is closer to Extreme detail than what I am running on my laptop now at 720p.

Are any other people interested in this? Also, is anyone interested in gifting me the PS4 copy, or pitching in with others to do so, because it would be quite hard for me to justify buying a full price game twice. I would if I were richer, because the game is certainly worth the money, but I can't quite afford to do so right now.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby immersedreality » 28 Feb 2017 16:58

If we got a PS4 community going for For Honor, I would definitely join in when I can. I'm pretty slammed, but the way you guys have been talking about it really makes me want to dive in.

Also, as far as I know there is no way whatsoever to change your PSN name after your account is created. However, we could create a community group for the Cult to stay organized.
immersedreality

Unread postby void » 28 Feb 2017 21:12

I can gift you the PS4 version.
void

Unread postby quash » 28 Feb 2017 22:50

recoil wrote:I told quash I would play co-op with him over Discord.

quash, let me know if you are still up for it here on the forum.

I'm down. I'll be available all this weekend so get ahold of me whenever you start playing on Friday/Saturday.
quash

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Feb 2017 22:54

Our custom is to set a time. It seems doubtful you will be available any given time over two full days with someone who is living six time zones away. Impromptu MP matches are one thing, but a campaign is quite another. But perhaps you haven't played many of these with people so maybe you don't know.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 01 Mar 2017 06:23

quash wrote:I'm down. I'll be available all this weekend so get ahold of me whenever you start playing on Friday/Saturday.

I'll be up this Saturday at 8AM UTC for co-op.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Mar 2017 17:57

Ordered the PS4. Should be here sometime next week. I went to PSN to make the group, but the web functionality is very limited, and there was no option to create groups, so I am guessing I'll need some Sony device to do so. I have a PSP somewhere, so if I find it I'll create the group from there, otherwise I'll do it from the PS4 when it arrives. In the meantime, you guys can friend each other and start playing. You could start the campaign together, for example, since I am playing it on PC with infernovia. It's pretty damn awesome and it will teach you the game so that when I go online you'll be at my level and ready to take on the MP with me.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby immersedreality » 01 Mar 2017 22:57

Just ordered a copy! I'll keep you all posted on when I'll be available to actually play.
immersedreality

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Mar 2017 14:15

quash wrote:I have removed @quash from the clan because he still hasn't answered recoil's post in the forum but instead sent me a PM whining about time zones again
It's not worth the aggravation
If he wants to try playing with us again he can buy for me a full price game from my wish list on Steam, and I'll give him another chance
At least that way I'll make something out of the whole business
I mean, he has not played a second with us and he's already whined more about time zones than people who live halfway around the world from me and with whom I've played dozens of hours
Half of us live in the EU and the other half in the US and yet we play with each other all the time with no whining
Is your time zone preventing you from replying to people in the forum too, quash?
Bah
Enough of this shit, I got stuff to do
recoil, find someone else to play the campaign with, there are a dozen people
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 02 Mar 2017 17:44

If anyone is interested in co-op, let me know here or on Discord.
recoil

Unread postby danjiro » 03 Mar 2017 21:27

If you can wait until Tuesday of next week, I'll play the campaign with you.
danjiro

Unread postby recoil » 03 Mar 2017 22:01

Awesome! 12PM UTC would work for me on weekdays.
recoil

Next

Return to Online