PlanetSide 2 (2012)

[PC] [PS4] PlanetSide 2

Moderator: JC Denton

Unread postby icycalm » 25 Oct 2014 20:05

We are starting a game in about 40 minutes. The initial group will be 6, but I've messaged on Steam and texted on their cellphones a bunch of other people, so there's a good chance we'll assemble a big team as the night wears on (or the afternoon, for US-based people, or the wee hours of the morning for Australians).
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Some guy » 24 Nov 2015 17:14

Anyone interested in playing this game again? I can finally play it with decent graphics settings, plus eventually there'll be base-building.
Some guy

Unread postby Hanged Man » 24 Nov 2015 18:59

Man, I'd love to get into this game again. Hopefully we'll be able to find some players. At least 2-3 more.
Hanged Man

Unread postby infernovia » 25 Nov 2015 03:54

I'm game.
infernovia

Unread postby recoil » 03 May 2016 06:58

Grim Dawn is on hiatus until infernovia gets back in about three weeks, so I was thinking we should get back to PlanetSide 2. The base-building update is out now and from what I hear it's total chaos as old and new players are coming back into the fold and figuring out new strategies and tactics for the update. If anyone is interested, let's try and get a platoon in there. The most recent time I'll be able to play is this Saturday at 4PM UTC. Hope to see you guys online!
recoil

Unread postby Hanged Man » 03 May 2016 14:50

I'm all for it.
Hanged Man

Unread postby dinopoke » 07 May 2016 12:56

I'm keen on joining you guys for this now that I have a new computer!
dinopoke

Unread postby Robomoo » 10 May 2016 20:38

I'll play. I'm free pretty much whenever at the moment, how about you guys?
Robomoo

Unread postby recoil » 14 May 2016 03:46

I'll be free Sunday at 4PM UTC.
recoil

Unread postby Some guy » 30 May 2016 13:34

I've got more free time for gaming now so I'd like to join you guys! You all still playing this?
Some guy

Unread postby infernovia » 17 Jun 2016 16:28

I am still game for this if anyone else is interested.
infernovia

Unread postby recoil » 24 Jun 2016 05:40

Still in to play, I'll have time next weekend.
recoil

Unread postby infernovia » 01 Jul 2016 14:17

I will be free Sunday.
infernovia

Unread postby icycalm » 17 Mar 2017 17:40

Gonna be getting back into this soon. I want to establish a solid presence in what, in my view, are the three best VS MP games ever: this (FPS), PA: Titans (RTS), and For Honor (3D FTG). I am also hoping Dawn of War 3 will be the best VS RTT, and if so I want to add it to the list, but until it's released I'll focus on 2 to prepare for it.

Qpo will make a post about what we are planning for our comeback in PS2, and I am going to make recruitment announcements on the frontpage to help attract players. It's gon be gud.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Qpo » 18 Mar 2017 10:17

I have looked forward to get back into this for a long time. And our numbers growing and us doing bigger and bigger battles will be a great incentive to keep upgrading hardware.
Qpo

Unread postby icycalm » 18 Mar 2017 16:32

Another thing I am looking forward to is upping the detail, since the laptop I have now is quite a bit better than the one I had then, and seeing the game on my 42" TV.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 18 Mar 2017 17:07

I can't wait to play this again, the tactical possibilities are flooding back in to my brain and I would love to see what we can do with the base building.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 18 Mar 2017 17:14

I hope to start playing this weekend, as long we can get at least four people in. Five would be better, as an absolute minimum, but I am willing to go with four now because of how much I missed the game. So whoever's interested better start downloading right now, so if you see me playing or with a red status on Discord you can jump right in and not waste any time installing.

What I'll probably do is start playing Dawn of War alone with my Discord status on red while sitting in the voice channel. Then, the next two people who join the channel can play Dawn of War with me, and when a fourth shows up we move to PlanetSide. Hopefully it will snowball from there, and I am sure the streaming will help because we never streamed before. It's one thing seeing people stream cool games you can't join, but when they are streaming something cool that you CAN join, I hope it will be irresistible.

And hey, unlike everything else we play, this game's free, so everyone who wants to join should be able to.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 18 Mar 2017 17:19

Another thing I want to try this time (and also in PA), is taking turns leading the squad(s). I want everyone to be able to try this side of the game, because it is one of the coolest, and precisely the reason we want many people to join us. Unless you are ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE as a squad leader, to the point where your leadership prevents the rest of us from enjoying the game, I want you to be able to spend at least some of your time leading us -- as long as you want to, of course.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Mar 2017 00:52

Played about an hour with Qpo, THM, Robo and Matbaron. It was fun, and I am looking forward to the next, hopefully longer session.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Qpo » 20 Mar 2017 22:40

I discussed it with icy and Sundays at 7PM UTC must be the best way to start, a doable time for Americans and Europeans, allowing us to regularly flex our full force. In fact, it has already started: last night was great.
Qpo

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Mar 2017 04:49

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/insomniacult

I wrote:Sundays starting at 5PM UTC and lasting between 5-15 hours is our main weekly VS MP time slot, primarily reserved for large games like PlanetSide and Planetary Annihilation, with the occasional For Honor or Dawn of War session while waiting for more people to show up. We play lots more games throughout the week, but the largest and epicest battles take place on Sundays, so show up on Discord and join us whenever you want during that time slot. Everyone who likes these games or is intrigued by them and wants to try them with a large, well-coordinated group is invited.

I decided to widen the time slot a little bit, by starting it a couple hours earlier. 5PM UTC is still a reasonable time for people in the Western US (10AM), while allowing more time to play for people like THM in Russia, for whom it is 8PM, without forcing them to stay up all night. And the Americans can always join us later, until they eventually take over completely when most of the Euros have gone to bed. Not sure where the Australians and East Asian residents fit into all of this, but it's such a huge time slot that they are bound to find a few hours in it that will suit them.

As for the rest of our gaming, I suggest that people try to schedule their co-op campaigns and such on days other than Sunday, to avoid taking players away from us and diminishing our numbers during our prime MP slot. If you have no other choice, schedule your game for Sunday, but try to exhaust all other possibilities first.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Mar 2017 01:56

It was decided on Discord, nearly unanimously, to hold the dedicated VS MP sessions on SATURDAYS, instead of Sundays. You can head over to Discord for the reasons, or you can wait until I copy-paste them in the appropriate thread, but just don't show up on Sunday and wonder why people aren't playing.

So, our regular VS MP slot is SATURDAY 5PM UTC stretching out for 5-15 hours, until the last player logs off Steam. Hope to see many of you this Saturday.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Previous

Return to Online