default header

Cosmic War

Connect Buttons mod

Moderator: JC Denton

Connect Buttons mod

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Sep 2017 14:20

I made an interesting discovery recently.

Sometimes, when you disconnect from a game, it doesn't give you the option to reconnect again on the main menu. Then you are basically fucked and out of the game for good.

However, if you have the Connect Buttons mod, you can ALWAYS reconnect to a custom server game as long as you know the server's IP and port, and as long as the server has no password.

So what we will try to do from this Saturday onwards is to remove the password from the server for the duration of the Wars and League games. We might get a few randoms trying to join our lobbies, but they are easy enough to kick. So whoever wants extra disconnection security, install the Connect Buttons mod, and I will give the settings to the clan leaders to give to their players once we have tested this out to our satisfaction.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Sep 2017 14:21

The best thing would be to get wondible to update his mod to add a password field in the settings. Then we wouldn't have to worry about randoms joining lobbies.

But it is a detail, and I think the scheme would work fine without it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

New server connection details

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Jan 2018 19:56

Update your Connect Button mod settings with the following details to 100% reconnect to games on our new server:

Server IP: 74.91.124.81
Port: 20545
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cosmic War