[PC] [MAC] [ONE] [PS4] The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep

Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] [MAC] [ONE] [PS4] The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep

Unread postby Hanged Man » 24 Jan 2015 22:30

B8IbaT-CYAATrsx.jpg
B8IbaT-CYAATrsx.jpg (21.06 KiB) Viewed 17970 times

The Bard's Tale IV Announced
http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/115001- ... nxile.html

WorstUsernameEver wrote:Today inXile announced at PAX South that it's currently working on a new The Bard's Tale game, titled simply The Bard's Tale IV. Brian Fargo, the company's CEO, broke the news on Twitter and confirmed that the title will be closer to the original dungeon crawler trilogy than the console-oriented action-RPG the company released in 2004:

It's official.. And I'm very personally excited to be working on this. More details to follow.

Is this game will be closer to 2009 Bard's Tale or to "classic" ones?

more like the classics.

GameInformer has some more information on the title's design and the funding method. Unsurprisingly, inXile intends to return to the Kickstarter well again, though part of the game's budget will come directly from the company's pockets:

The game will feature modern day approaches to graphics, sound, and design while revisiting all the locales and classes that players love from the early installments in the series like the town of Skara Brae. The game will be a dungeon crawler through and through, but don't expect to have to bust out the old-school tools. HUD elements will be kept to a minimum, there will be plenty of puzzles, and immersion will be the focus.

"I don't think in this day and age we can make you break out the graph paper," says Fargo. "We might have a hardcore mode for that."

There will be a crowdfunding push for The Bard's Tale 4, as well as funding coming from InXile.

The Bard's Tale seems like a really natural fit for the company, so I'm not surprised to see this announcement, though I have to admit I didn't expect it quite so soon. As always, we'll keep you updated with more details on this project as soon as they are available.
Hanged Man

Unread postby New Guest » 02 Jun 2015 17:18

Kickstarter pitch: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/in ... ds-tale-iv

inXile wrote:A single-player, party-based dungeon crawl, rich in exploration and combat
Dungeons filled not just with dangerous fights but with challenging puzzles and devious riddles
Dynamic phase-based combat, where the pace of battle is animated and fluid, but still gives you time to think and respond to your enemies
A game set to beautiful Gaelic music, where the Bard’s songs and melodies affect gameplay
Co-funded by fans and inXile: if this game hits its $1.25 million goal, inXile will put in at least $1.25 million of its own money to double the initial budget!
Built using Unreal Engine 4, for PC, Mac and Linux. Available from Steam or DRM-Free from GOG.com
Available in English, French, German, Russian, Spanish, and Polish
Built for and with the help of our fans. Your feedback and input directly impact the design and features of the game during alpha and beta stages

64e17b9a9fcf3dcccf76a6524a38bfe0_original.jpg

1081cef92c5fbc5f291a27b703c0f067_original.jpg

493acea58edd19679a38976bafc06864_original.jpg

217c97ebe6084609e5efa8523f980c06_original.jpg
New Guest

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Aug 2018 15:31

https://store.steampowered.com/app/5660 ... rows_Deep/

First 45 Minutes of Gameplay (Beta)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdiOVZF_ZBQ

This looks legit exciting. Never seen such a promising dungeon crawler since the days of the dungeon crawler. Maybe since Ultima Underworld! Makes the static Japanese crawlers look prehistoric.

I'd added the game to the Most Wanted list out of obligation, I guess, but on the evidence of this footage it deserves to be there.

Coming on PC September 18. Also, ONE and PS4 versions in the works.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games