default header

MOST WANTED

MOST WANTED: Hollow Knight: Silksong (PC|VAR)

Moderator: JC Denton

MOST WANTED: Hollow Knight: Silksong (PC|VAR)

Unread postby recoil » 16 Feb 2019 04:22

https://hollowknightsilksong.com

Team Cherry wrote:Ascend to the Peak of a Haunted Kingdom

As Hornet, princess-protector of Hallownest, adventure through a whole new kingdom ruled by silk and song. Captured and brought to this unfamiliar land, Hornet must battle foes and solve mysteries as she ascends on a deadly pilgrimage to the kingdom’s peak.

Hollow Knight: Silksong is the epic sequel to Hollow Knight, the award winning action-adventure of bugs and heroes. As the lethal hunter Hornet, journey to all-new lands, discover new powers, battle vast hordes of bugs and beasts and uncover ancient secrets tied to your nature and your past.

Features

Discover a whole new kingdom! Explore coral forests, mossy grottos, gilded cities and misted moors as you ascend to the shining citadel at the top of the world.

Engage in lethal acrobatic action! Wield a whole new suite of nimble moves as you dance between foes in deadly, beautiful combat.

Craft powerful tools! Master an ever-expanding arsenal of weapons, traps, and mechanisms to confound your enemies and explore new heights.

Solve shocking quests! Hunt down rare beasts, unearth ancient mysteries and search for lost treasures to fulfil the wishes of the downtrodden and restore the kingdom’s hope. Prepare for the unexpected!

Face over 150 all-new foes! Beasts and hunters, assassins and kings, monsters and knights - you must defeat them all with bravery and skill!

Experience a stunning orchestral score! Hollow Knight’s award-winning composer, Christopher Larkin, returns to bring melancholy melodies, symphonic strings and heart-thumping, soul strumming boss themes to the adventure.

Challenge Silk Soul mode! Once you conquer the game, test your skills in an all-new mode that spins the game into a unique, challenging experience.

From Discord:
CULT|icycalm
Pretty cool
I think they must have spoiled the entire game in the trailer though

I would have to agree, they must have been quite excited about this to show off that much lol. The character designs are still questionable, but once you see the animations and backgrounds and listen to the score you start to see the appeal. I haven't played the first, but this is making me want to play it.

Reveal Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFAknD_9U7c

TBA.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 16 Feb 2019 04:25

It's a lot more colorful this time around. I am surprised they didn't go for a number in the title. I initially thought it would be an expansion.

I especially like that they seem to have added some complexity to the combat. Looks superb, really.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Mike T. » 17 Feb 2019 21:11

Mike T.

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Dec 2019 02:43

Added this trailer to my top trailer list: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFAknD_ ... XdPpMT44TR

From the comments:

I'm The Dude wrote:"Hey, remember that Hollow Knight DLC we were planning that would allow you to play as Hornet? Yeah, we decided to just make that an entirely new game that would let you play as Hornet instead."

We don't deserve Team Cherry.

MrSelkies wrote:Team Cherry is the Brandon Sanderson of game developers, he sits down to work on a small novella and ends up with an amazing 3-4 book series by accident. I am so so happy and excited about this game!

Enrico Nobili wrote:And it' s free for the backers too! Team Cherry, my new love.

Shaiden wrote:All original Hollow Knight backers get this game for free!

Introverted Dawg wrote:EA: The game is a dlc.

TC: The dlc is a new game.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to MOST WANTED