default header

Games

[PC] [SW] Tiny Metal: Kyokou no Teikoku

Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] [SW] Tiny Metal: Kyokou no Teikoku

Unread postby recoil » 14 Mar 2019 18:19

English title: Tiny Metal: Full Metal Rumble

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressrele ... g_2019.php

AREA 35 wrote:TOKYO – March 14, 2019 – TINY METAL: FULL METAL RUMBLE, a turn-based strategy wargame of intrigue with a distinct Japanese flavor from the AAA veterans at AREA 35, Inc., reports to the Nintendo Switch for duty in spring 2019.

TINY METAL marks its return with FULL METAL RUMBLE packed to the brim with bigger, better, and more metal content. A new engrossing wartime narrative and beloved tactical gameplay return as TINY METAL: FULL METAL RUMBLE revisits the core of what made the first franchise entry a beloved and intense, turn-based strategy experience.

FULL METAL RUMBLE cranks things up a notch from the original TINY METAL, offering 77 skirmish maps, 21 of which are available for intense multiplayer showdowns. An expanded army fields more than 23-unit types, with additional Hero and Commander units, to lead into battle across 39 campaign missions. The addition of bonus challenge conditions on every map encourages commanders to fight for goals outside of the main objective. Four new difficulty modes enable veterans and recruits alike to find thrills in the heat of battle

TINY METAL: FULL METAL RUMBLE follows a familiar face but new protagonist, the fiercely independent leader of the White Fangs, Commander Wolfram. Search for her brother and stage defenses on multiple fronts against the Dinoldans to stop their excavation of dangerous, ancient technology and restore peace to a land ravaged by the horrors of war.

AREA 35, Inc. has crafted an engaging world with rich history, adding intrigue to every firefight. The writing talent of Hirotaka Inaba (I Am Setsuna) and composing genius of Tomoki Miyoshi (I Am Setsuna, Lost Sphear, STEINS;GATE) bring the characters, world, and action to vibrant life.

“Our all-star team of developers have expanded on the features of the first game and crafted a compelling new narrative to make for an even more thrilling tactical experience,” said Hiroaki Yura, producer, AREA 35, Inc. “We will test the strategic mettle of Switch with an adventure that evokes Nintendo classics like Advance Wars while pushing the genre forward.”

TINY METAL: FULL METAL RUMBLE will be available to demo at GDC on March 18-22 in booth #S327 and PAX East on March 28-31 in booth #21103. Additional TINY METAL collectibles will be available for giveaways at the shows while supplies last.

TINY METAL: FULL METAL RUMBLE will be available for Nintendo Switch in North America and Europe. It will support English text and audio localization.

The follow up to Tiny Metal. It looks like they are fixing issues from the first game by adding in new environments, new difficulty levels, and more units. Hopefully, the AI in this isn't as hopeless as in the first game.

Release Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY1A9-ipAcI

Spring 2019.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Jun 2019 02:16

Official site: https://tinymetal.com/

Gorgeous artwork. Those colors...

Kinda crazy that the price quoted is $14.99. That's like half the price of the original iirc. That's DLC price. And cheap DLC too.

The "Spring" release window has also come and gone, and I can't find an update, though the devs are saying the Steam page will appear soon, so maybe we'll get some info then. I have it down as "TBA 2019" for now. Looking forward to clocking these back to back.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Cray » 29 Jun 2019 04:08

Steam page is live, and release is right around the corner, on July 11.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1102 ... AL_RUMBLE/

AREA 35 wrote:★★Game description★★
An authentic war simulation for all generations!

TINY METAL: FULL METAL RUMBLE uses a familiar turn-based system that is easy to understand but challenging to master.

Enjoy the simple yet beautifully designed units as you take charge of the battlefield and adventure through a fully voiced story with a backdrop of beautiful music ensures hours of fun!

Designed for both the casual and hardcore player, formulate your own tactics to outwit your enemies!

★★Game Mode★★

Adventure through the story with a cast of charming characters. Follow the ir journey through this campaign as the mystery unravels and evil rears its head.

Three campaign missions will be available in the DEMO version of the game to prepare you for the exciting content ahead!

Choose from 77 maps of various sizes. Play your favourite maps in different difficulties and put your tactical prowess to the test. Use every tile of the map to enact your strategy and prepare for new battles to come.

Two skirmish missions will be available in the DEMO version of the game, where you can test two all new units and their strategies.

Rush into your favorite multiplayer map using the Commander of your choice and battle head to head with thousands of rival tacticians worldwide!

Multiplayer will not be available in the DEMO version of the game.

★★The Lore of TINY METAL★★
Wolfram’s chase for the shadow of her brother leads to the snow-laden mountain ranges of “Land’s End”. However, every time she gets close to her quarry, enemies appear from the shadows to waylay her.
Meanwhile, the Artemisian Captain, Nathan Gries, is out hunting for Lost Tech artifacts and the Zipanese Lord General Tsukumo searches for a mysterious enemy with a hidden agenda.

The fate of the three entwines on these new fields of battle...

Release Date Announcement Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJeP5hY9Vw4

Looks better than the first in all respects.
Cray
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Jul 2019 00:01

When this comes out, I am streaming both games back to back. Will probably already have started the TAB campaign before that though, so I guess I'll be playing three tactics games at the same time, more or less, two turn-based and one real-time one. Man, I love tactics. And they are all such beautiful, charming games. Can't wait to stream all of them. This will be my return to gaming after several months off. Plus a couple other games I'll talk about soon.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Jul 2019 07:14

This is out now and it's indeed just $15 (and it's on 15% off for the first week, so it's even cheaper lol). I bought it, but I am kinda worried why they would think their game is worth so little, when the original was going for double this when it released, if I am not mistaken.

On another note, Recap's post on the game [ > ] made me realize the Japanese subtitle is... in Japanese, so I updated the thread's title. Need to update the banner on the frontpage too at some point.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Jul 2019 16:35

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... d/1102100/

NailNHammer wrote:Even better and more fun than the Original Tiny Metal Game.
Now it has Mechs, more factions, more commanders, and Commander Powers!!!
It also has a jukebox for Music. A free roaming 3D map which looks better than the original 2D map with grids and directional key.
Still no naval units and map editor but that is not a problem. More improvements overall.
Quite a blast for $15 USD.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games