Unread postby icycalm » 11 Oct 2022 12:45

So I can't play with an arcade stick?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Hints & Tips

Unread postby icycalm » 16 Oct 2022 19:53

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... &context=3

Mr_StephenB wrote:Just some tips:

If you are near an outpost AI can spawn in ships and blow you up.

For player's just killing you for no reason there should be no way for them to find you unless you are staying close to a QT location or point of interest. For better safety spend an extra 10 minutes flying down from an OM point to a random location. By doing so it should be near impossible for any player to find you.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 25 Oct 2022 16:53

icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Oct 2022 10:49

https://twitter.com/SC_NeoJet/status/15 ... 8721639430

Vehicle rental guide.

Remember when I said we won't be renting anything? Scratch that. I didn't understand the sheer amount of stuff there is to buy in this game. We can rent whatever we need.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 03 Nov 2022 19:05

If I understand this correctly, there seems to be some kind of trick to getting the GrimHEX elevators functioning properly: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... &context=3

BlazeVortex99 wrote:The… the trick for the elevators?! The… TRICK?! How. Tell me how!!

ZZGooch wrote:Call Elevator, Enter elevator, click buttons for all floors except lobby. Leave elevator.

Repeat.

Call Elevator (This is now your 3rd elevator), enter and go straight to lobby. The issue is that there are 3 elevators, you need to get the other two busy for a moment while you take the third one to the lobby to ensure to overlap.

Supposedly there is also a ghost terminal you can click, but i have yet to figure that way out.

BlazeVortex99 wrote:You’re a legend. If only I knew this during JT
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Adjudicator » 11 Nov 2022 06:10

If your ship has extreme thrust/torque imbalance due to damaged thrusters, missing/asymmetric engines remaining, but is still in an operational state, this Reddit topic advises the following: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... t_its_much

1. Switch to decoupled mode (default keybind to toggle coupled/decoupled flight mode: Left Alt + C) so that the flight computer does not try to correct the ship's flight path as though all engines and thrusters are intact.

Keep in mind of the effects of gravity on your ship when flying decoupled, whether flying inside a planetary body's gravity, or transitioning from the space outside a station's hangar to the hangar interior.

Ships with a VTOL Mode (e.g. Cutlass series, Hercules series) can activate VTOL Mode to have more available thrust directed downwards to help with this.

Ok, so a couple things:

When you lose an engine, switch to decoupled mode. After an engine loss, if you're flying coupled, the ship continues to fire it's engines as if it still has both. Switching makes it easier to control the ship's heading.

For some reason, there's a strong transition from 0G to 1G when going from space into the hangars at GH. It doesn't seem to be as strong anywhere else. All this said, when landing at GH, if your ship has VTOL, switch to that before entering the hangar so it doesn't try to pull you down/off course

Otherwise, that was entertaining to watch :b

(Also, I talked about GH, but it's the same principals elsewhere, and upon researching I realised you weren't there, LoL)

It's hard not to panic when the ship won't fly right and you're trying to land in a confined space without crashing into everything in sight.

This is why I suggested decoupled landing practice, it gets you used to doing it and instead of the normal over-reaction, you kinda just shrug it off and get the ship on the pad.

2. Use the power settings Multi-function Display and manually rebalance/counterbalance thrust by disabling the opposite thrusters and engines to the inoperative ones.
Adjudicator

Unread postby Adjudicator » 12 Nov 2022 04:36

While doing Prospector mining, I was reading up on methods to better identify rocks at longer distances so as to spend less time and hydrogen fuel on poor content rocks.

This Reddit topic and the included YouTube links explain how your sensor ping angle, if set narrow enough, can actually enable you to resolve individual asteroids from a sensor contact cloud and with enough clarity to identify the asteroid type from even 12 km away: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... g_averages

Lyria surface ship mining: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz8TOCUa0Ms

Aaron Halo Asteroid Belt mining: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLOx_bfg_eM
Adjudicator

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Nov 2022 10:47

Concise guide to starter package ships
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... kage_ships

icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Nov 2022 16:56

[The trick below has been rendered superfluous by the introduction of Inventory Cargo Containers in Alpha 3.22. -icy]

https://twitter.com/StarCitizenDan/stat ... 4761960451

icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Nov 2022 03:56

Some tips on how to use the bed logout feature taken from the recent Reddit thread that broke the news that this feature will be temporarily removed from 3.18: https://culture.vg/forum/topic?p=36236#p36236

Strange-Scarcity wrote:Drop out of QT, point your ship in some direction, set the throttle to max, then walk away.

You do not get "AFK Timed out" when your character is in the pilot seat and the ship is flying, even under "auto throttle".

What's the chances of anyone finding you deep in Pyro, flying a random direction at some point between the jump gate and ruin station?

Didn't know that you don't get timed out in the pilot's seat while flying. Very handy. Though I have an even better solution about AFK time-outs that I will link soon (tl;dr google mouse jigglers).

P.S. That guy's solution is supposed to work even without bedlog, but as people point out to him in the thread, it's of limited use because you still burn up fuel plus you need to eat and drink. But for short breaks of walking your dog or whatever, it sounds like it would work.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Nov 2022 05:35

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... &context=3

Bucketnate wrote:Join us in evocati and help playtest the core tech...

-Dreamhour- wrote:Doesn't evocati require an invite?

crazybelter wrote:Yep

Menzlo wrote:You get evocati by being a super bug reporter, so his general point about helping test still stands.

Evocati is too hardcore for me but I salute your sacrifice O7

lurkspacito wrote:We have to pay for a product and then volunteer to bug test it under NDA? No thanks, I turned down my evo invite years ago after my fair share of issue council reports to "do my part".

No Man's Sky/Elite: Dangerous player detected.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Dec 2022 22:02

https://twitter.com/XGRacing/status/1596064909212946432

XGR: Extreme G Racing @XGRacing wrote:Race will come in 3.18 to be accessible for all the citizens and if you are interested on it here you have an amazing graphic done by Sp33dweed where you can have the best information to choose your racing ship. Good luck pilots!

icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Dec 2022 17:50

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... th_new_and

nitskovits wrote:The Bible of Workarounds for players, both new and experienced.

EDIT: I would like to take a moment to express my gratitude and appreciation for the support and assistance that you provide to new members of our community. Your kindness and willingness to help those who are new to the game, or to the community, is truly valuable and greatly appreciated. Thank you for your continued support and for helping to create a positive and inclusive community for all players.

Many people I've seen on Reddit have reported difficulty in playing the game, due to its alpha state and the presence of various bugs. In order to assist players in overcoming these issues, I have compiled a list of major bugs currently present in version (3.17.4), along with suggested workarounds.

If you are aware of any additional bugs and their solutions, please do not hesitate to share them in the comments, and i will incorporate them into this list at a later date.

1. Quantum doesn't work when you already calibrated and spooled: Turn your ship away from the target and realigned again if that doesn't work quantum to a different location (prefer OM's)Bonus: some times when you clear the route from star map and set the route again does the job.

2. Can't set destination in starmap: quantum to a different OM or a moon and that will do the work. (Don't forget to quantum to a moon only when you are already to its planet to avoid confusion).

3. ATC not responding to the call: This bug is mostly attached to server performance and the traffic of the current place you ask for landing, one thing you can do is cancel the call from the MFD and try again. (Orbit stations have pads that you can land on without asking for permission except PO.)

4. Turrets and ship guns don't replenish ammo: Power the guns/turret on and off and that should fix it, if not try to get out of the turret and back again if its a ship with an interior if not turn the ship's power off and on and should fix both turret and ship's guns.

5. Missions don't update their state: Most commonly between bunker missions and bounty hunting, again it's bound to server performance but there are some things you can do, quantum out and in the planet/moon/beacon can sometimes do the job.For bounties, don't forget to kill the target only when the target name is on top of the ship you are about to kill, and always red. For bunkers avoid killing NPC's when they are still in the elevator just to make sure they won't stuck inside.

6. Rearm and refuel is not available: This bug is mostly due to server performance or an improper landing if you are in a pad try to request for a hangar landing and see if that works, if not store and respawn your ship again.

7. Missiles don't restock: try to store and respawn the ship and try to restock again but this fix doesn't do the job for me, claim the ship and try again has more chances try that too, if that is not working try to manually buy and place the missiles again. If nothing works i heard character reset fixes it.

8. Drinking and eating: If you cant slide the water bottle to your hand, try throw them to the ground and then pick them with "F" if that doesn't work either jump server or the food you got 'most likely from a blue box on derelicts' sometimes are bugged, if you are in the verge of death go to a clinic, check-in and go to the room that is shown in the screen, lay in the bed and your hunger and thirst will go 100%.

9. GrimHEX hospital elevator workaround: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpdq-Vz9fTI

It is recommended to delete the User and shader folders after every patch and update in order to resolve potential graphical issues and stuttering. This has proven effective for many players. However, it is important to remember to save control settings before deleting the User folder, as this will need to be reconfigured if not saved.

Community mentions:

- Don't use the mouse scroll wheel to navigate through the star map! instead, double click left button on the planets and moon to zoom in on them, and double click right button to zoom out.

- If you open the elevator door, and there is an endless void at the other side, just calmly walk away and call a different one.

- I land on a landing pad and I'm immediately told I'm "blocking an active flight bay" and will be impounded.

You probably asked for ATC permission multiple times, or possibly used the MFD Comm window to do it.

In my experience, using the MFD comes with two major problems. First and foremost is that the Enter key (used heavily when I'm chatting on the server-chat) is now context-bound to the MFD, which means I repeatedly hail ATC or tab randomly around menus when I'm trying to hold a conversation. Second, hailing ATC via the Comm menu seems to cause this issue where you block the active flight-bay. Doing it from your mobiGlas (shortcut F11 and the Friends tab) does not come with this issue and is much more reliable.

- If you bed logout on a planet/moon surface, be sure to let the engines ON, if not, your ship will sink through the ground at your next logon.

- If you fill your backpack/armor pockets with lootables like ores, be sure to transfer every one of them to the station inventory before selling them, if not the space taken by the items will persist and you'll have to replace the backpack with a brand-new one.

- Don't directly equip a lootable item from a corpse/box. If you do so and disconnect, those items will disappear at your next logon. Put them in your backpack or other inventory before equipping them.

- To be sure if there's a 30K happening, open your mobiGlas, if you cannot change tab it is happening.

- Sometimes when you use a medpen, the character put it back on its thigh instead of trashing it out. So when you use a medpen, open the inventory and hover the mouse on them to be sure they're loaded at 100%.

- Mission Boarding: Action In Progress, if one NPC is missing, most of the time he is floating outside of the 890. You'll have to go outside and find him to finish the mission.

- Current Chat Channel always resetting to Global Chat after using mobiGlas: Go to the Global Chat Channel settings and tick off the "send to visor" option. This will be working only for the current session. You'll have to do it again after each logon.

- Character's head stuck on a side (looking at a shoulder): It happens from time to time. Just press Z to unlock the camera.

There are many more mentioned by people in the comments, and the OP has already added some of them to his post, and he says he'll keep adding them. I have the thread favorited on my browser and will be returning to update this post at intervals.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Anvil Centurion Controls

Unread postby ChevRage » 30 Dec 2022 15:57

I tried out the Anvil Centurion against some bounty targets earlier.

The guns were pretty powerful, one of the Aegis Titans I was shooting at got deleted in under a second of sustained fire. Though it was standing still at the time.

From Discord:

CULT|ChevRage
First off, the driver has a big red switch just underneath the targeting screen on the right. This switch will deploy the stabilization legs which lift the vehicle off the wheels and supposedly stop it from rocking while firing. I don't really know how useful these are yet, but probably safe to say you'll want them deployed before firing the big guns.

To access the main turret, you'll want to sit in the back seat. Once seated, two vertically stacked screens will be moved in front of you. There are two buttons between these screens that you can press while holding the F key on your keyboard. The left one will turn on the power, and the right one will bring you into the remote turret.

Once you're inside the remote turret you'll want to press Q to change the way the mouse moves the turret. The default is difficult to aim with, as it makes the turret accelerate towards the mouse cursor (you'll also see a white line showing the vector of movement). Pressing Q will change the aiming configuration to something called "Relative Mode" if I remember correctly, and will feel more in line with FPS aiming. Basically, you want to be in Relative Mode if you're using a mouse and keyboard.

The B key will change the firing mode from combined to staggered. I usually just use staggered because it looks cooler, but I imagine that staggered firing is more useful for shooting at smaller, more agile fighters and the combined fire is better for larger, less maneuverable ships.

There are other buttons that change some other settings like sensitivity, but I haven't really felt a need to play around with them yet.

And lastly, before leaving the turret, you'll want to hold the C key, so that the turret will return to the default position. On second thought this probably happens automatically as you exit the turret. But if you want to make doubly sure, or simply make the turret aim straight in front for whatever reason, the C key will help you out there.

TL;DR:
Q to change to relative mode
B to change to staggered firing mode
Hold C to reset turret position
Oh and T to target lol
ChevRage

Anvil Ballista Controls

Unread postby Discord BOT » 30 Dec 2022 22:18

CULT|shubn
Ok so it's pretty much the same for the Ballista. The stabilization legs switch doesn't seem to work, and I couldn't find a keybind for it, but it doesn't look like it's really necessary. Right click to switch missiles, and G to increase the number of armed missiles, as in any ship.

CULT|icycalm
The Ballista was an earlier release and the legs hadn't been implemented yet. It's supposed to get updated at some point.
Originally posted in the Insomnia Discord.

Insomnia Discord bot powered by proprietary next gen next level neural networked quantum learning self aware AI developed by Cult Games.
Discord BOT

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Jan 2023 20:22

B-b-but how can I play with my Genesis control pad?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 16 Jan 2023 07:38

I made the in-game control diagrams a bit more printable, hope it helps someone!
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... a_bit_more

Tmanning47 wrote:Here's a few other versions, I think the first one on here might be better for 8.5x11 https://imgur.com/a/4IIE13v

B-b-but I can play Tetris with 1 button!!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 17 Jan 2023 08:47

I didn't know you could just double click and auto equip stuff, no more dragging armor on to my person.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... k_and_auto

Much quality of life. Wow.

In 3.18 ofc.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Jan 2023 16:07

Reminder for Miners
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... for_miners

Hero_knightUSP wrote:Just a quick reminder for miners. I have seen ppl you know asking in chat that they need help with rocks because they are full and can't take anymore. I have tried box marking that does not work well.

OM (Orbital Markers) are situated in a grid. If you have distances from 3 OM's that are not on the same plain you can accurately pinpoint a location in 3d space.

The rocks won't despawn and are persistent in the session so just mark all the distances to OM's and you can return using triangulation like when finding Jumptown, Orphanage, or some other unmarked spots it's extremely simple.

I even do scouting in arrow this way.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Jan 2023 21:18

3.18/3.17.5 Medical guide pamphlet
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... e_pamphlet

FauxTrot2010 wrote:Very cool and thank you for updating for 3.18. The one thing I might add (not necessarily to this image) for those experiencing medical game play from 3.17 to 3.18: Server FPS has increased. More frames from the server means more compute cycles for AI. When performing a ground rescue expect the AI to be more deadly and plan accordingly. Bring a friend, use the Cutty Red with an STV or PTV for transport back to the ship (for unfriendly bunkers), and go slowly through the bunker so that you arrive to your rescue alive.

If CIG were ever paying attention, we need this: if someone is downed in a bunker and our lights are on, please allow the player/party to perform the rescue. Better yet, if a downed player has a beacon that is being responded to, allow trespassing. Medics shouldn't have to arrive under fire for lawful rescues. A cool mechanic might be contacting the bunker to disable the turrets on a medical emergency channel. If that fails, maybe add a minigame where we have to avoid getting blown up but get a hacking terminal in most medical ships (say in the Cutlass Red and bigger) that allows us to turn off automated turrets. This would encourage group medical play as you would need a pilot and a support person to perform the hack.

He left out OxyPen: https://starcitizen.tools/OxyPen

Star Citizen Wiki wrote:The OxyPen disposable oxygen consumable manufactured by CureLife. It is a solution that is injected directly into a character's arm, which is able to recharge the oxygen reserves of a suit.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jan 2023 07:00

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... remed_tips

Captain_caveman1 wrote:I want to hear your "pre-med" tips

i have recently learned that "pre-med" is a thing. you can use drugs to buff, like running faster, becoming more damage resistant etc.

can you share which drugs have these effects?

the 2 i know

Demexatrine, this can be used to prevent blackouts when you have gsafe off.

Roxophen, basically gives you a 15 min window to drug up without OD

Cult Spec design must start taking pre-med into account. I've passed this info on to the relevant parties at CULT HQ on ArcCorp.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jan 2023 08:06

PSA: Removing Weapons and Components makes a HUGE difference In Racing
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... kes_a_huge

Star Citizen: Do Weapons and Components Really Affect Movement In Racing? Mythbuster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcBkfq_ais8

In other news, people are hanging out in 3.18 along the racetracks and shooting racers down lmao. Sounds like good target practice if nothing else. And now that they'll be removing their guns, they won't even be able to fire back.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Feb 2023 15:22

STAR CITIZEN TOOLS V.1 https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spec ... -sites-v-1
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... n_tools_v1

Firengineer wrote:Hi!

Great list of tools. We maintain a similar list as well!

The Fandom Wiki, however, is rather outdated. The Community Wiki: https://starcitizen.tools/, is kept and maintained by the community with no ads and constant updates.

Might I suggest a swap?

Cheers!

Mootzzarella wrote:Updooted. SC's Fandom Wiki is run by a single dude who, as you'd expect, is physically and mentally incapable of keeping up with the game's updates. It's not a viable source for information.

StarHunter_ wrote:That "Star Citizen Tracker" has been long dead since 2019 and good riddance, it was made by Something Awful.
I don't know why you would list that and not the official CIG tracker: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/road ... cker/teams
You listed many other CIG sites.

And you are missing Bar Citizen: https://barcitizen.sc

Nilshrling wrote:what about snareplan? gotta include all gameplayloops

SirGluehbirne wrote:Wow. Awesome! Thx for the work. For me one super important tool is missing: https://hypertesto.github.io/sc-mining-calculator/ To calculate the value of your ores during mining missions.

Eeomis wrote:Ummm no erkul.games? Add that gem!

HerrMatthias wrote:https://www.spviewer.eu/
SC Ships Performances Viewer is all about characteristics related to the propulsion of ships currently available in game. With graphs, it is easy to see performances of a specific ship and compare with the previous version of the PU.

Ships List | search Performances Data | compare Performances Comparison

ChangeLog | Current data | Previous data

He's working on a v2.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Feb 2023 17:42

3.18/3.17.5 Medical guide pamphlet v2
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... amphlet_v2

FireflySAR wrote:Changes include:

-Some minor corrections, most information was accurate but for example the name of the A18 hospital was outdated

-Font/text color inconsistencies fixed

-More tips

-Various spelling mistakes fixes

The medical guide image I posted a few posts back has been updated, so I updated my earlier post with it. We now have the latest version. More details above. Same person is planning more images for salvage and more.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Next

Return to Cult Citizen