default header

Cult Citizen

Drake Cutter

Moderator: JC Denton

Drake Cutter

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Oct 2022 22:25

New Drake Ship from IAE 2952 teaser
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... 952_teaser

JMTolan wrote:The betting theory is a MOLE equivalent to the Vulture's Prospector, which would still make sense for Drake to have. It's a bit weird to only have Drake salvage ships at the normal-use level compared to mining, but OTOH Misc has been heavily favored in mining ships announced since the MOLE, so it's possible they just took the existence of the Reclaimer as a license to not worry about manufacturer diversity right now.

R3d_P3nguin wrote:I agree, but someone mentioned that it's a medium salvage, compared to the small Vulture and large Reclaimer.

shrug I mean, most companies have multiple fighters right?

MooKids wrote:Drake Marauder!?!

Marauder is the last named and unreleased Drake ship from the initial crowdfunding!

Ehriqhck wrote:Holy I respect you for keeping track of these things for this long lol

MooKids wrote:I love Drake, I'll probably buy it, even if it is just a waste disposal platform.

Garbage people profession!

Life is Feudal sort of had something like this, with the piles of dirt we dug up everywhere and the cart.

ASongofEarthandAir wrote:If this is straight to flyable, with the Cutlass Steel from last December, and the Mule from earlier this year, that is 5 Drake vehicles within just over 12 months!

Edit: Assuming 3.18 and the Vulture land this year.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Drake Cutter

Unread postby icycalm » 17 Nov 2022 04:11

Cutter ad from tonight's PTU
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... nights_ptu

New Drake ship. Love how the ad illustrates the cargo refactor. Also, cool-looking ship. I am starting to love Drake.

SpaceBearSMO wrote:Is it's drake's equivalent to like the Avenger

Dayreach wrote:It's main niche seems to be "we finally made a starter ship that can actually hold a tiny vehicle, it may only hold 4 scu, and has just two S2 guns, but it can totally carry a ranger or ptv ".

Hopefully they don't pull a 100i again and make it functionally pointless by pricing it too close to the Titan.

T-Baaller wrote:it has some kind of special coffee maker onboard.

FireryRage wrote:The real question is can it carry a ROC?

Vargras wrote:Way too big. The Mule fits though.

DANGER-RANGER- wrote:It's fine that it is very lightly armed. I have plenty of combat ships and this boi might be my bunker ship instead of C8X pisces if it can hold a small vehicle. Bunkers only require FPS gear as there is no ship to ship combat at them. Hopefully it can hold a 1 or 2 SCU box that I use to hold all my loot. Once it's full I put it all in station inventory for safe keeping. I like to have multiple armor and weapon sets as I die a lot due to desynced NPCs, NPCs shooting through floors, cover and closed doors, and other odd bugs. It helps to have many loadouts so I can just change into new gear and keep going.

Digitally1979 wrote:It's going to be the best starter, because it has full habitation, locker room, weapon rack, can carry cargo and a vehicle... it depends on the price too, because if it's close to the nomad it's not worth... my bet is 50$ and I will get rid of my titan...

CathodeRaySamurai wrote:$50? The price of a Mule? Not a chance :).

$90, give or take $5 is my prediction.

Assa099 wrote:Not even close. Avenger is Armed this is just floating van.

DMurBOOBS-I-Dare-You wrote:More like bigger-than-Pisces-smaller-than-Nomad - but it may be closer to Nomad when we finally see specs.

I would like that it isn't an exact, homogenized option, but rather a "tweener" and unique in that way.

Has serious Herald vibes for me!

Sneemaster wrote:The secret is you do both. Pisces Med for bunker missions, Cutter for cargo/salvage.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Drake Cutter

Unread postby icycalm » 17 Nov 2022 04:22

Drake Cutter Interiors
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... _interiors

acuddlebug wrote:Basically a space ford transit and I absolutely must have one

PositiveChi wrote:Wow what a piece of shit lmao it's amazing

retrospectology wrote:What a pile of garbage! I'll take two.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 18 Nov 2022 18:02

Wow the Cutter's official page is lit: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... ake-Cutter

Only 40.40 euros Warbond and 45.45 "IAE". I am not sure what the IAE means. Does it mean that this price is only available during the expo? That would suck if so.

Anyway, it's dirt cheap, like a land vehicle. Truly a ship for the people.

Interesting optional paints too. The all-yellow is striking, but overall the factory standard is the best methinks.

The yellow and white versions are in the background.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Adjudicator » 18 Nov 2022 21:33

The Developer Q&A for the Drake Cutter has been released.

Treat this like "Ask the salesman about the product" before pledging.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... ake-Cutter

icycalm wrote:Only 40.40 euros Warbond and 45.45 "IAE". I am not sure what the IAE means. Does it mean that this price is only available during the expo? That would suck if so.

The Drake Cutter will always be available in the pledge store as a standalone Ship Pledge, with a real cashmoney asset value of USD 45.

IAE on the pledge refers to a standalone, non-Warbond pledge, which store credit CAN be used on, made during IAE, which comes with IAE complimentary 120-month insurance instead of the usual few months insurance a standalone pledge will normally include.

Drake Cutter Pledge wrote:SPECIAL OFFER
To celebrate the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo, non-Warbond Standalone pledges include special 10-year insurance until November 30.
Adjudicator

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Nov 2022 06:32

I think that the Mule goes best with the Cutter and the STV with the Nomad, if we consider both form and function. I have a Mule and an STV but no Cutter or Nomad currently. And now I also want those subscriber store retro spacesuits.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Dec 2022 08:24

Drake Cutter 1 SCU spaces.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... scu_spaces

von_drinkest wrote:Working OK with storing and logging off.

gaizkin wrote:1/8 SCU I would say!

von_drinkest wrote:Yeah, I might be wrong on that

Tboller wrote:Newb question, what is that safe you put in there?

von_drinkest wrote:It is the safe you can find during Hurston bunker missions. There is a security badge in them.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cult Citizen