default header

Cult Citizen

Aegis Idris-P / -K / -M

Moderator: JC Denton

Aegis Idris-P / -K / -M

Unread postby Adjudicator » 02 Dec 2022 19:09

Official page: Idris-M military variant: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... is/Idris-M

Larger than a bomber but smaller than a ship of the line, frigates occupy an interesting space in the pantheon of warships. While they lack the heavy armor and the capital weaponry of a cruiser, frigates are more maneuverable and are highly configurable.

Official page: Idris-P peacekeeper/patrol variant:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... is/Idris-P

A mark two "peacekeeper" variant developed for the UEE patrol services, the Idris-P strips the standard ship's ship-to-ship gun and spinal mount in favor of additional cargo capacity and superior speed.

This ship class has a very long history in Star Citizen, both in the in-game lore, and the development history of Star Citizen and Squadron 42 themselves.

The Idris class was originally the largest pledge ship in the Kickstarter campaign which was only made available on the final day (19 November 2012) at a standalone pledge of USD 1000. The Kickstarter campaign concluded on 20 November 2012.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ci ... escription

Cloud Imperium Games wrote:NEW - FINAL DAY ADD-ONs
"Star Citizen" t-shirt [$25]
"Squadron 42" t-shirt [$25]
"Shut Up and Take My Money" [$5]
Addon Ship: Anvil Gladiator Bomber [$150]
Addon Ship: ORIGIN M50 Interceptor [$85]
Addon Ship: MISC Starfarer Tanker [$175]
Addon Ship: Drake Interplanetary Caterpillar ($225)
Addon Ship: Retaliator Heavy Bomber [$250]
Addon Ship: Vanduul Fighter [$300]
Addon Ship: Idris-class Corvette [$1000]

Take note that the Idris was originally classified as a corvette.

The first update and details of the Idris class were featured in the Star Citizen website on 29 June 2013. This was also the time they split the Idris class into two variants: The original Idris pledges are now retroactively known as Idris-M, and the new, stripped down "patrol" models on a new limited release are classified as Idris-P: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... e-revealed

Cloud Imperium Games wrote:One of the most anticipated ships in the Star Citizen universe is the Aegis Dynamics Idris-class corvette. The largest ship available for purchase during the campaign, only 100 Idrises were made available, to preserve game balance! The Idris is a small capital ship capable of storing smaller fighters and being run by a team of players working together. Today we’re proud to reveal the very first images of the Idris, designed by Hollywood artist Ryan Church, as well as the ship’s specifications!

As part of the livestream, we are making an additional 150 Idris corvettes available for sale starting now. This second set of corvettes is not the fully-equipped military assault model available during the earlier event, but a stripped down peacekeeper version aimed at having less of an impact on the initial game balance.

Surplus sale! The United Empire of Earth’s Exploratory Services is retiring patrol-model 150 Idris-P corvettes which have seen hard service on the frontier. These ships will be available for public sale, with funds received going towards the ongoing SynthWorld project. Please note that all corvettes are the lighter model lacking the spinal mount turret emplacement. Buyers will be responsible for towing and equipping any craft purchased.

The next major update on the Idris class was released on 28 March 2014, which caused the Idris class to be now classified as frigates instead of corvettes, due to size issues of its fighter hangar. It was also revealed that an Idris class will be featured in the Squadron 42 singleplayer campaign.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... ris-Revamp

Chris Roberts wrote:The Idris corvette is dead; long live the Idris frigate!

The team at Foundry 42 is currently building the first missions for Squadron 42, the single player game that will launch you into the Star Citizen universe. The game’s story calls for the player to start the game aboard a smaller UEE capital ship. We assigned them the Idris, the scrappy little corvette with a fierce bite already designed by Ryan Church.

Working from the Idris for this piece seemed like a natural fit… until the team whiteboxing the interior found that the original concept was not sized to fit with the Hornet model. Since the Idris would need to carry multiple Hornets (in both Squadron 42 and the persistent universe) they needed to expand the flight deck. Other additions, necessary as we learned exactly how a capital ship would function, necessitated more inside: a tender to support repair operations, medical facilities for the FPS segment and so on. The Idris needed to get bigger and better!

In the end, the ship was a full hundred meters longer and a much more imposing threat than the patrol corvette we originally imagined. As such, we have made the decision to reclassify the ship. The Idris is now a frigate, and existing fiction will be updated to reflect this change wherever possible. We are not removing Idrises from anyone’s inventories; everyone who owned an Idris corvette yesterday owns an Idris frigate today. I’m hoping existing backers will be happy: you’re ending up with twice the ship you pledged for!

If you’re absolutely dead set on seeing a corvette in Star Citizen, have no fear: our designers and artists are going to get to work on a new, smaller corvette that will be made available in the future!

Please enjoy some of the latest Idris artwork included in this post. This is the ship as it stands today. Development subscribers will also get an extensive WIP article in today’s Jump Point magazine, launching later tonight (click here for more information on how to subscribe.) Pay special attention to the search-and-rescue ship, now included with every Idris… it’s one of the reasons we needed to reclassify!

That means an Idris class will have a hangar/flight deck carrying at least 3 fighters, some ability to repair them, and a comprehensive medical facility.
Adjudicator

Unread postby Adjudicator » 02 Dec 2022 20:16

There is also this very old video from CitizenCon 2015, which features a demo of Squadron 42, showing how your player character is transferred into an Idris frigate, the UECS Stanton. The main feature of this video is a tour of the frigate's decks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qexLUpQJPw8
Adjudicator

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Dec 2023 21:32

Unbelievable quality. The bridge especially is next-level.

IDRIS INTERIOR renders datamined - Leak
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... mined_leak

Celemourn wrote:I wonder if they're bringing the interior in to support the new structural salvage?

Interesting theory.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Aegis Idris-M / -P

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Dec 2023 04:10

Idris bridge renders from 3.22
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... s_from_322

This is getting ridiculous. 12 more images at the link.

artuno wrote:Just blows my mind that in some games, the Idris alone would be its own map.

And still wouldn't be anywhere near as beautiful.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Dec 2023 03:04

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... s_war_game

Gromington wrote:Leaked Idris War Game

Info via Pipeline.

Description: To test the preparedness of our response teams, we would like volunteers to simulate an assault against a CDF Idris by neutralizing and taking control of the vessel. To be clear, the goal of the exercise is not to destroy the Idris, but for you to attempt to board the craft and maintain control of it as long as possible. Volunteers should expect to meet full resistance from the Idris' highly trained crew and are encouraged to get an updated imprint beforehand. Coordinates will be provided upon confirming your participation. Thanks and good luck.

From the looks of it, this could have been the reason for the recent interior implementation into the 3.22 EPTU build.

Not a lot of info, but worth sharing here nonetheless.

LevelStudent wrote:Ah yes test the preparedness of your crew by having someone come murder them all. I guess it does weed out the weak, but seems a bit heartless.

Gromington wrote:The wonders of the 30th century medical system lol.

DuaSC77 wrote:Capture the Idris was floated as a FPS experience many, many years ago by CR. Maybe it'll finally come to fruition.

I think that's also why they've started work on the boarding ship, the Legionnaire.

I am so glad we've secured at least one Idris through Adjudicator. If we didn't have even one, I'd be pissed about now. And I remember when he was buying it I was thinking he's wasting his money, it will take years to come out. And now it's been less than one and a half years, plus he's had his loaners all this time.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Jan 2024 01:18

Idris Interior Walkthrough Leak
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... rough_leak

It's a 1.7GB video. I downloaded it to watch in VLC because it wasn't streaming smoothly for me through my browser.

Repulsive_Poem_5204 wrote:Looks like it's coming together nicely while still missing certain components, like medical bay equipment.

ItsJustMeYo wrote:Some of the doors are clearly locked, too. I wonder if this is a separate asset of the ship designed for the simulated "assault the Idris" mission they talked about in a recent newsletter/video/whatever it was.

SpaceBearSMO wrote:Locked but a few had windows you could see that everything was modeled inside so it being a funnel for the mission makes some sense, but I don't think its layout is any different than what we will be seeing with the player version.

The bunk room is a freakin hostel. There is an entire movie theater.

It's a full FPS level, and not even a small one. The video is 13.5 minutes of someone running through corridors and it STILL doesn't show everything.

My favorite part has got to be the flight deck. When you see three Gladiuses parked in front of each other, you know this isn't just another ship.

I wonder if it could take three F8s or three Scorpiuses instead. Probably not. The Polaris can take one Scorpius at least.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Jan 2024 04:26

[LEAK] Idris-P Exterior, Animation, and Flight showcase
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... t_showcase

Now that is a spaceship.

Very cool how the MPUV drops from the bottom while the fighters go from the front. I hadn't realize this before.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Feb 2024 02:03

https://gist.github.com/PipelineSC/058c ... fdd2c48b08

Cloud Imperium Games wrote:[Evocati Playtest] Devs Vs Evos, Idris Battle Balance Test

Calling all Evocati Pilots!

Tonight at 6:30pm CST | 24:30 UTC, we are going to be holding a battle against the developers to test the improvements made to the Idris' combat abilities.

This test will have you all on the server battling against a fully dev-crewed Idris in a battle with your objective being to take over control of the Idris from us instead of destroying it!

This test will most likely be limited to a single shard in the PU once we start and could be run multiple times depending on how quickly either one of us are victorious. Use this thread for any feedback you may have!

Playtest Instructions

Tonight! EPTU servers at 6:30 pm CST | 24:30 UTC

Baior and other developers will be around to give information in chats on the exact start time and where to be once ready.

Thank you all so much!

-Wakapedia Player Experience Supervisor
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Feb 2024 22:36

CIG is teasing that the Idris is coming on Thursday. There are three ways in which it could be coming. 1) Fully-featured in the game, with presumably some way to acquire it with aUEC, 2) As part of the new XenoThreat Overdrive event (about which I'll be posting in the XenoThreat thread right after this post), 3) As part of a brand-new "capture the Idris" event that they've been testing heavily in Evocati for weeks now with the CIG devs controlling the ship and players trying to board and capture it.

Whatever form the Idris introduction takes, it's almost guaranteed that there will be some Idrises available for cash-purchase on the day, so if anyone has been thinking about getting one, I would have my card ready and refresh the site several times throughout the day. Adjudicator already has one and thank god for that because I'd feel REALLY bummed if we didn't have one, but we could always use more.

And of course everyone should be on the alert to play whatever CIG has been readying for us. I'll do my best to be online too, but you know my situation, it isn't easy, plus I am working on Battlegrounds 24/7. But I'll do my best to be there. What an exciting week it will be.

P.S. You can read community speculation here if you wish: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... ut_if_even
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Mar 2024 22:12

[4k album] So many possibilities in the Idris Hangar...
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... ris_hangar

He has more at the link, those were just two that jumped out at me. That said...

The_Fallen_1 wrote:I feel like some of these aren't taking into account the height, and not to mention that some just don't fit widthways either.

StoicSunbro wrote:The Idris was built before standardized hangar metrics. In 2022, I measured the hangar at 26m wide and 90m long. The doors were 11m tall. By comparison a "extra small hangar" for fighters is 12m tall, 24m wide, and 32m long.

The Redeemer would be too tall; the Ares, Apollo, and Zeus too wide. I am skeptical of the Legionnaire and Freelancer because at 10m each that is not a lot of clearance with two large moving objects.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Mar 2024 01:30

I found 4 full interior idris in one server today.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... rver_today

Cocoloco2914 wrote:I took one specifically and flew it around.

Kurkada wrote:How

Cocoloco2914 wrote:Literally have ZERO idea, I logged out in an outpost on Hurston, I log in and suddenly there’s 4 idris just floating right over the surface for some reason?

I’m still here in server 210 US server.

PS: TO THOSE who can’t join, I’m uploading a video so you can see the whole interior. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7o5Tct ... Photopilot

Todesengelchen wrote:Someone is preparing for a war.

Was neat to see the Idris in person at Everus Harbor! (Met up with OP from the 4 Idris post earlier)
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... _at_everus

Atlantikjcx wrote:Jup, still on it great the server is enjoying it together.

AeroTrain wrote:Goddamnit I'm still 3 hours from home and the server most likely will be dead by my arrival :(

People have been having a party with the 4 mysteriously-spawned Idrises.

I really really really want this ship. I'll try to save up and maybe even sell some crypto to get one at Invictus. It bothers the hell out of me that money isn't enough and you also have to get lucky at the F5 Wars to get one. But of course Chris knows what he's doing and the exclusivity gating makes sense: if you want these behemoths, you better be prepared to jump into whatever hoops he asks you to, otherwise enjoy playing with your $45 Aurora package like all the plebs. So I'll post info on the F5 Wars in the Real Ca$hmoney thread before Invictus for anyone who wants to try and get one for themselves.

If the ship releases before I manage to buy one, I'll ask Adjudicator if he wants to swap login info on our main accounts. Just him and me, full access to each other's fleets, so that our org can have the Idris when either of us is online. This would be entirely separate from the Cult Clones program. None of us has exchanged login info on our main accounts yet. But I think the Idris is enough of a game-changer to warrant such a drastic step.

Moreover, I am fully prepared to buy half a dozen cheap laptops so I can run an entire Idris on my own if need be lol. That would of course require me first to have a stable address, which I don't at the moment. But I might during the next year or so. We'll see.

I need to learn the differences between the P and the M though. And the different acquisition and upgrade methods. I think the M is currently only purchasable via a massively expensive pack on RSI. Let me know if anyone knows the details.

The thought of flying around with TWO Idrises...

It'll probably be one Idris and one Polaris though.

So many tactical possibilities open up with all these ships and their loaded vehicles. And that's before even base-building goes in.

I have a vision of a base next to a sea with an Idris and a Polaris parked next to it. A hangar opens and a small squad rolls out on motorcycles and goes on a recon trip.

What other game can match this?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Mar 2024 04:31

Idris on the far left, Javelin on the right. And Hammerhead between them. This pic does make the HH look huge compared to the Idris, which isn't right, so it must be that the Idris is far away.

Still, it conveys the enormous size of the Javelin, which makes all the hoops you have to jump through to buy and run the Idris seem trivial.

The Javelin will be in Squadron 42, reportedly, but it won't be flyable by players for a long while. And maybe that's for the better. Gives everyone time to scale up their operations.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Aegis Idris-P / -K / -M

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Mar 2024 00:40

Star Citizen Ship Size Comparison Chart
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... 8WrIUQRr4X

One thing we know now is that the M is a very different color to the rest. Interesting color, don't get me wrong, but it's not neutral like the others so it will clash with many other colors of ships we could pair it with. Bit disappointed to be honest, but maybe they'll sell paints. An Idris paint will cost as a much as an entire ship tho lol.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cult Citizen