default header

Cult Citizen

Cult Fleet

Moderator: JC Denton

Re: Cult Fleet

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Nov 2022 15:54

So you added all these ships to your fleet without selling any of your existing ships?

Wow we have a Carrack now... And a Corsair...

Next Jumptown will be epic.

Can't wait to die and spawn in the Carrack!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Adjudicator » 23 Nov 2022 16:07

icycalm wrote:Why is the standard C8 Pisces given with the Carrack a "loaner"?

When spawning the Carrack or Carrack Expedition (Carrack with a unique skin), its hangar bay is supposed to have the C8 or C8X (for the Carrack options that upgrade the C8 to the C8X) already inside.

Due to issues with ships spawning inside ships in a landed state, the standard C8 is given as a loaner so that the player can spawn it separately and manually land the loaner C8 into the empty hangar of a freshly spawned Carrack.

Link for Carrack with upgraded C8X (can no longer be purchased currently unless I get the upgrade CCU from grey market): https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... rack-W-C8X

Oh I forgot to add to my previous post: To reach the store credit amount, I melted down the Anvil Centurion (anti-aircraft vehicle) for $105 of store credit.

So to update my fleet further, I no longer have the Anvil Centurion.
Adjudicator

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Nov 2022 16:10

Cool that makes sense now.

The Centurion would have been very useful to us at Jumptown, but ysignal also has one, and I can buy one too if needed. Your Carrack is way more useful than a Centurion, so overall we're much better off now. Awesome stuff.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Nov 2022 23:36

I upgraded my Mustang Alpha to the Cutter. It cost €15.15. I also bought the two paints.

And then I upgraded the Hoverquad I was given by the referrals program to the Hull A for €60.60. I want to do some cargo hauling with the Hull A until the Vulture salvager is released in 3.18, and then I'll upgrade the Hull A to that for an extra €50 I think it is. I didn't get any paints for the Hull A just yet. I'll fly it first and see how I feel about it.

Several of you who bought brand-new game packages and Cutters could have just upgraded your starter ship instead. Check out the upgrade page for future reference. Go here and click on "Ship Upgrades" from the horizontal menu near the top: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge

It will show you on the left all the vehicles you own that can be upgraded.

P.S. Adjudicator, the Loaner page shows that the Carrack gives an URSA Rover as a loaner for some reason. Check if you have one of these and let me know.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Adjudicator » 24 Nov 2022 15:18

I have checked my vehicle bay inventory and can confirm that I have obtained an RSI Ursa Rover as a vehicle loaner for the Anvil Carrack.
Adjudicator

Unread postby ChevRage » 26 Nov 2022 06:18

I bought the C8X Pisces Expedition Starter Pack and upgraded my Aurora MR to the C8R Pisces.
ChevRage

Unread postby ysignal » 27 Nov 2022 12:53

Turns out you get a loaner Buccaneer with the Corsair, so I've got that one as well.
ysignal

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Dec 2022 02:54

I made a new account called CULTCLONE-1. I will explain more about this in a dedicated clones thread.

I bought him the Cutter IAE Starter Pack while it's still on discount, and then upgraded to the C8R Pisces. I will share his login details so anyone can play with this account and bring the C8R along, if you have two computers. Or if you have only one computer you can just play with this account if you want to fly the C8R. This means that all of you who bought C8Rs... can melt them if you wish and buy other stuff. Or you can keep them if you prefer, I am just saying this new option now exists.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Dec 2022 04:01

I melted my Mustang Alpha Starter Pack (which I had upgraded to a Cutter) and bought a new Cutter IAE Starter Pack (with Squadron 42).

What did this accomplish?

My new Cutter has lifetime insurance (LTI), whereas the upgraded Cutter that I had before had only 3 month insurance because that's what the Mustang Alpha pack gives you.

End result: No ship changes. I just replaced my 3 Month Insurance Cutter with an LTI Cutter, plus I now have $75 store credit.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby shubn » 01 Dec 2022 13:13

I upgraded my Cutter to an Arrow, and bought another Warbond Cutter.

End result: +1 Arrow (LTI).
shubn

Unread postby Adjudicator » 02 Dec 2022 16:19

After IAE 2952, my fleet has now been updated with the following, all with Lifetime Insurance:

Aegis Vulcan (Loaner: MISC Starfarer)

Constellation Taurus

Idris-P Frigate (Loaners: Aegis Hammerhead, Aegis Vanguard Harbinger, Argo MPUV-P)

These purchases also caused my Chairman's Club level to increase to Grand Admiral level.

I also have enough Warbond ship upgrades to chain into another Aegis Vulcan, as I thought having another Vulcan as a spare would be useful. After reading icycalm's Clones topic, I have decided to reserve the upgrade chain for a CULTCLONE-2 account.
Adjudicator

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Dec 2022 16:55

Wow an Idris and two Vulcans! Great stuff. I’ve been thinking of getting a Kraken for us either at Invictus or next IAE. Too bad we won’t fly this stuff for years.

I’ll get in touch with you soon to create the second clone account.

Keep in mind though that, since you bought the Vulcan upgrades for your main account, you will have to gift the ship to the clone, which means you won’t be able to gift the ship back later. It will have to stay with the clone forever. It will be your clone though, and you will have ownership of it forever (just like I will own my clone), so maybe that won’t bother you. In the future, if you want to be able to take back ships from clones, you will need to be buying those ships with the clone account as I did with my clone’s C8R.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Adjudicator » 02 Dec 2022 20:25

I can simply transfer the unused Ship Upgrades to the clone, and have the clone apply the gifted Ship Upgrades to a ship owned by the clone account. This should allow the clone to still gift back the upgraded ship as the base pledge ship is owned by the clone account in the first place.

Adjudicator

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Dec 2022 22:53

Didn’t know you could gift upgrades, cool. I’ll be posting up soon the procedure for making clones and then anyone can make more of them at any time. We also need a thread where we talk about who has two or more computers and how to use them. Cloud computers can also be used here, presenting some interesting possibilities.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Some guy » 03 Dec 2022 19:37

Bought a Cyclone TR.
Some guy

Unread postby recoil » 04 Dec 2022 04:47

I melted my Avenger Titan package and bought two Warbond Cutters to upgrade my Avenger Titan to LTI and to get a Gladius LTI.

End result:
Gladius (LTI)
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Dec 2022 08:33

recoil wrote:End result:
Avenger Titan (LTI)
Gladius (LTI)

End result is what vehicles were added to or removed from our fleet, not whether you changed a vehicle’s insurance status. So now the above makes it seem as if you have two Titans.

I fixed your post.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Some guy » 04 Dec 2022 13:52

Bought an Arrow.
Some guy

Unread postby shubn » 04 Dec 2022 14:24

I melted my Avenger Titan + Squadron 42 Starter Pack, bought the Cutter IAE Starter Pack, and upgraded my other Cutter to an Avenger Titan. I didn't buy Squadron 42 again because who knows when it'll come out, so in the meantime I'll use my store credit on ships.

End result: my Avenger Titan now has LTI instead of 6 months insurance.

The process made me lose my Titan's upgraded quantum drive, power plant and shields I had bought with aUEC, even though I put the original parts back in before melting it. Probably a bug.
shubn

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Dec 2022 12:45

How did you guys manage to buy 2 Warbond Cutters? It doesn't let me buy more than one, even after I have upgraded my one to a Centurion. I have no Warbond Cutters now, I just have an upgraded Centurion, and it still won't let me buy another Cutter... So frustrating.

Is it because I used store credit to upgrade the first Cutter to the Centurion?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Dec 2022 14:23

I bought a bunch of stuff but I am not going to try to describe all the operations I had to make to get it done. I don't even want to think about it. It's outrageously complex and I still barely understand it.

In the END, I got a Cutter for CULTCLONE-1 just so that I can upgrade it to a Vulture when the Vulture hits, and keep the LTI, just in case the Vulture doesn't come with LTI.

And I got a Centurion LTI for my main account.

Plus I was given a Gladius LTI for reaching 10 referrals as I described in the referrals thread [ > ].

Btw, I still haven't managed to purchase 2 Warbond Cutters with one account. However, you can get as many Warbond C8R Pisces as you want, and they come with LTI. I am sure they'll stop selling the Warbonds eventually, so if you want a fairly cheap LTI ship for an upgrade, get one.

I also noticed that the Warbond Corsair only has 6 months insurance. Not sure if this is the one ysignal bought. If so, and if you care about LTI ysignal (not saying you should care, it's pretty stupid really), you could melt your ship, buy a Warbond LTI C8R, then upgrade with your store credit to an LTI Corsair. You wouldn't be able to ever gift the ship, and you'd end up with the C8R price in your store credit, but you'd get the Corsair with LTI, if it matters to you. Now that I think of it, you haven't bought a Warbond Cutter, so you could do this procedure even more cheaply through the Cutter. And you'd end up with a second game package for an NPC later.

Anyway, in the end I got all the stuff I wanted, and that's all that matters. It was frustrating, and I am pretty sure I wasted a bit of money, but who cares. I love owning all this stuff. I am writing an entire essay on why it feels so good to own stuff in this game. For no other game is this true.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Dec 2022 15:25

We had a lengthy conversation in here with Adjudicator about the Cutter IAE Starter Pack, Standalone "Extra" Ships, LTI tokens, and Buyback Pledges, which I have now moved to the cash thread here: https://culture.vg/forum/topic?p=36291#p36291
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ChevRage » 09 Dec 2022 16:24

My Drake Mule has been replaced with an Anvil Centurion.

Somebody was saying that they alternate between ground vehicles and ships every month in the forums somewhere. I guess that's not quite the case then.

End result:
- Drake Mule
+ Anvil Centurion
ChevRage

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Dec 2022 23:40

Got the MPUV Cargo Luminalia referral reward for my main account by contacting Support and asking really nicely for it, despite the fact the referral happened some days before. And in 30 days they say my clone will also get it. I'll update here if/when that happens. For now it's just +1 MPUV Cargo.
icycalm
Hyperborean

PreviousNext

Return to Cult Citizen