default header

Cult Gossip

Moderator: JC Denton

Re: The Cult

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Aug 2022 22:01

I just remembered an incident that perfectly demonstrates how stupid Robo is, and what a bad creator he is.

When we all bought TaleSpire, he fired it up and spent a couple hours dicking around with it. Then he came out and told us "You can't build anything good with it. The tools aren't there yet."

This was AFTER months of me posting HUNDREDS of insane pictures of insane things people had built with the program. But just because HE was too FUCKING STOOPID AND LAZY to manage to build anything good IN TWO HOURS (whereas the real creators are spending HUNDREDS of hours), HE FUCKIN' WROTE IT OFF.

THIS is what I was dealing with for six weeks when he came to Tenerife and tried to work on my games. He would routinely leave tasks unfinished all the while telling me he had finished them, and there was no convincing him to get back to work and finish them. In the end we got recoil to join us as a producer, and he couldn't manage to get any decent work out of him either.

I think he has cognitive and developmental issues. He is not normal. He is legit stupid. How can you not get a university degree if you spend nearly a decade in multiple universities? Are you a third-worlder?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Sep 2022 21:32

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Robomoo

What you're seeing above is the latest games Robo has been playing.

1. The Makaimura game he saw me praise. But of course he's playing it stupidly by himself.

2. That stupid Valheim game which is survival-builder against AI, which is boring af because the AI can't play these games.

3. Another survival-builder, but alone, since he no longer has friends. And it probably isn't a very good survival-builder either.

At least he has friended Hanged Man again, so he traded a couple dozen of the best gamers ever for a morose Russian retard who doesn't even play games.

The Steam profiles of everyone who has ever left the clan degenerate the moment they leave. For as long as they are near me, they are uplifted by my genius, and they end up playing great games with great people. The moment they take a step away from me, it all comes crashing down for them, and they revert to their normal stupid habits.

That's the reason people leave. It has nothing to do with any other reason they give. They are just dumb and prefer dumb games, or games played dumbly, usually alone.

There's nothing I can do to prevent this fate for them. It is inscribed in their genetic code, and even a superman can hold that off for so long. (For as long as they're paying me at least $25/month on Patreon.)
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 18 Nov 2022 16:17

Cleaning out my Patreon drafts lmao. Just deleted this. The world will never know the literary masterpiece it lost.

It was several paragraphs of invective on the Cult Rejects clan. Could not bear to finish it. So many cool things to write about in this world, and one thing these guys certainly aren't is cool.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Cult Parody

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Jan 2023 05:58

I suppose this is the Cult Rejects gossip thread now.

Robomoo and infernovia have been dicking around with TaleSpire lmao. Hanged Man too probably, but his profile is hidden so I can't see.

So Robo will play "TaleSpire" (which campaign lmao? there are none) with the Nepalese retard who's so ADHD he can't even finish a PA match, and the Russian miser who'll block his friends for 20 dollars. To do TaleSpire properly, you need to be a master GM, and spend a fortune. Robo is too dumb to even figure out how to use the program. Last time I checked he thought "it wasn't ready".

I would pay $25/month for a printout of their Discord lmao. Start a Patreon, retards. I'll sign up. Call it Cult Parody.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Cult Gossip

Unread postby icycalm » 08 May 2023 13:15

https://gab.com/icycalm/posts/110332906850665409

For those wondering what happened with Beakman.

The Cult thread was getting clogged with shitty gossip so I am starting a gossip thread and will be moving that stuff in here eventually.

I hate gossip. It’s effeminate, and it’s basically dirty laundry, and I don’t want it in my life. That’s why, when I see it, I put it out in plain view. When everyone can see the dirty laundry, it can be cleaned more quickly. Even better, it gets rid of filthy individuals who struggle to stay clean. Like mexicans, for example.

Zero tolerance for hatred of Whites on all my sites from now on, especially from browns. Even if we localize the issue to videogames, your races have contributed essentially zero to this artform, so it’s beyond outrageous when you come into our gaming industry and communities and blatantly disrespect us. If it were up to me you wouldn’t even be allowed the use of electricity.
icycalm
Hyperborean

The NBA of Gaming

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Aug 2023 23:41

What's basically happening here is that shubn is reaching his limits in terms of the game complexity he can handle and enjoy. The thing he doesn't understand is that I ENJOYED those couple hours we spent prepping our gear and vehicles. He too says that, in retrospect, he enjoyed them, but clearly he didn't enjoy them anywhere near as much as I did (and presumably all the others, who never complained or snapped at me). If the game had ended RIGHT THERE, at two hours of prepping, I would have left the voice channel A HAPPY MAN. I LOVE gearing up like this, taking the vehicles out, figuring out which ones to bring along and which ones to put inside which. I love seeing the ships bustling with activity as well-geared fashionable dudes run up and down them doing their thing. I absolutely love driving vehicles into ships and docking smaller ships into bigger ships. I love maneuvering them around hangars and landing pads to frame a better shot, and taking awesome pics of all that hardware and manpower. I could almost just do this if that was all there was to the game.

But shubn repeatedly grumbles at this process and would love to speed it up, perhaps even to entirely eliminate it?

I too would like to speed it up a bit, but a big part of this are the endless bugs over which we have little control (we do have SOME control, because with many bugs there are workarounds, so you just have to keep up with development, which shubn contributes mightily to). Moreover, what I believe shubn still doesn't get, is that these issues are about to escalate as I recruit more and more players. We just have 5-10 people in the big events right now, but a Javelin will take DOZENS. If shubn is losing his shit with a mere 7 people in the voice channel, what will he do when we have 50 people in 5 voice channels? Even with zero bugs, it will be tremendously complex prepping such a force—JUST LIKE IT IS IN REAL LIFE—let alone leading them in battle effectively without the whole thing utterly collapsing.

Is shubn capable of taking part in these kinds of operations?

It doesn't seem like it. But that's precisely where CULT is going—not in ten years, but soonTM.

So for example he acknowledges that we ARE getting better at this, but what he fails to acknowledge is that at the same time the task is getting harder and harder every month almost, so what if we reach a plateau? What if we regress for a while? How will he react when we enter a patch where things WORSEN, if he loses his shit when things are IMPROVING?

What ends up happening is that, on top of all the other things I have on my mind when trying to run such a big operation, I have to worry about reaching shubn's threshold of tolerance for the minutiae of military operations, WHICH IS WHAT HALF OF HIGH-LEVEL STAR CITIZEN CONSISTS OF! The whole point of this game is to make you feel as if you are living in a sci-fi universe, so when you join up with a military crew in this game, IT REALLY FEELS AS IF YOU ARE PART OF A MILITARY CREW in a way no other game has been able to simulate. And most of the time spent in military operations is prepping time: you don't just jump into a fight by pressing a button in a menu in the military as if you're playing PUBG; you have to prep for hours and days, and the bigger the fight, the more you have to prep. If you don't enjoy this prep, you shouldn't be in the voice channel, and certainly not in icycalm's voice channel—but I think most clans would kick him out if he snapped at them for doing what they're supposed to be doing, and certainly all the good ones.

If you want to hear precisely the point where he snapped at me, it's somewhere in the Wake of Disaster video I just posted [ > ]. If you find the exact point, feel free to post it here for instructional purposes. The worst part about it is that what he was grumbling about was in no way my fault, and there was nothing I could do to "fix" it. The problem wasn't even the gear, the thing that slowed us down was that we were waiting for one of the new guys to get over to ArcCorp from Lorville. The moment that guy arrived, we took off. So what was I supposed to do? Leave behind the new guy who I had worked hard to recruit and to whom I was trying to give a good experience? None of this was registering with shubn, he just felt he wasn't having fun, and immediately he turned around and snapped at the person who seemed to be controlling everything, which is me. But how does that help speed things up? In fact it slowed things, because we had to bicker about it (I even took him to another channel and gave him a dressing down).

Now imagine if a second person was acting like shubn. Or a third person. We wouldn't even have got out of the spaceport. So clearly it isn't possible to run these operations with people in the team who get frustrated over mere prep and then snap at their teammates about it.

But it gets worse, because shubn routinely grumbles about time zones, the length of sessions, and his own sleeping and working schedule. No one else talks about these things: we all have busy lives, and after all we are an international clan with people from Australia, Europe and America in the same channel at the same time. If you want to play huge sessions with an international clan, you'll end up staying up all night some times, and certainly in the weekends. But what can I do about it? You want me to kick everyone else out and keep only the Europeans (he's French)? It's not going to happen. Go join a European clan if that's a deal-breaker for you. But I can't be worrying about shubn's work-life balance in the middle of the game I am trying to enjoy, and it's depressing to everyone in the channel when we hear his obvious frustration with how he's managing his life and his weekends. Even if we WANTED to take charge of his life and tell him how to run it, we simply can't because we don't know him that well. He's a 36-year-old man who should be able to handle all that stuff on his own, like the rest of us. He has no idea what I give up to be in that channel until 9 AM every weekend, and I would never dream of grumbling about those sacrifices to him or anyone. The most I might do is joke about them, which gives pleasure to everyone and raises everyone's mood, as opposed to his depressing grumbling.

He says "If I do it again, let me know". Buddy if you do it again I am going to make fun of you in front of everyone, and if you keep doing it I'll kick you from the voice channel, and eventually the clan. You're not the only one with the capacity to get frustrated, and when I lose my shit I don't just grumble about it, I fucking explode. So please don't do it again, and please consider dropping out of the complex operations and events if you keep having trouble handling them and enjoying them. This is where you need the self-awareness that so many others have lacked and for which lack I was forced to kick them out, and end things with the kind of nastiness I am known for. He can clearly handle playing duos or trios in the middle of the week with us, and he puts more time in the game than anyone else, so there's no shame in admitting that the big events just aren't for you, and staying away from them. Worst case scenario, just leave the voice channel when you feel your frustration rising, because it's not fair to the rest of us when you externalize it to us. We have our own frustrations when we're fighting bugs for 2 hours just to get off the ground, and we don't want to have to deal with yours too in our weekend when we're just trying to have fun.

Ultimately, playing Star Citizen (and Pathfinder et al., which shubn does play) with icycalm and The Cult is the NBA of gaming: it doesn't get more complex and more demanding than that, and it's no shame to admit that someone isn't cut out for it: I am not cut out for the NBA either, and that's why I don't try to play with them. But I have the SENSE to realize that I am not cut out for it, so I play streetball at a much lower level, and with mostly White guys. I don't walk into a court full of blacks and start snapping at them because "You jump higher than me and it's no fun for me!"

There is never a reason for nastiness around me, unless you have no sense for where you are and what you're doing and who you're dealing with. It's only then that the real problems start, but I never let them last for long because I would rather enjoy myself playing cool games rather than bickering, thankyouverymuch.

Everyone who's playing games with me or who has ever played games with me for any length of time will be able to put it in his epitaph some day. "I played games with icycalm for years." It is a real achievement, and there's no shame in quitting at some point, if you feel you've reached your limits. We can still be friends even if we aren't spending ten hours in the middle of the night playing Barbie dress up in Star Citizen. There are other things in life besides that, and many of them are equally interesting and rewarding. But I still enjoy my two-hour milsim bro dress up sessions, and I plan to enjoy them for many years more, so please don't mess with them. That's all I am asking. Don't mess with my fun.

P.S. Something I realized while rereading the essay is that I missed out on a huge criticism that should be leveled at shubn's attitude. The way he describes "the clock ticking" (there is no clock in the game btw) and us being "nowhere near doing the mission" he makes it sound as if I am mismanaging the team, and that my clan is a failure. I don't know where he got the idea that I give the slightest bit of a flying fuck about "the mission": my chief concern has always been building the coolest team ever and having a hell of a time doing so. The mission itself I can take or leave, depending on circumstances, and the number one thing I am proud of after every session, and especially the Dynamic Events, is how the team grows larger and more effective and efficient at cooperation and coordination. In the session under question we had TWO BRAND-NEW MEMBERS JOINING US FOR THE FIRST TIME IN AN EXTENDED OPERATION. Actually we had three, but one of them dropped out, possibly due to low attention span (he's black). So the number 1 goal in my head was to integrate these two new guys into the team as well as possible, and to give them the best impression of us that I could—the last of which shubn torpedoed when he tried to pick a fight with me because he wasn't getting his instant gratification pew-pew action sufficiently fast, or missing out on his beauty sleep or whatever. But otherwise I was ecstatic to have two new and so promising players to play with, and I was relieved when they took so readily to wearing our uniforms and following our procedures. All of this was lost on shubn. He was perfectly willing to make a bad impression on our new recruits if it got him to "the mission" a bit faster so he could go to sleep a bit earlier. But that's not how teams are built, that's how teams are destroyed. If I had had his mindset, there would be no CULT today, and shubn wouldn't have had anyone to play with, and snap at. He even at one point semi-jokingly snapped at people for not playing SC the past few months, even though he had ignored my invitation to play the game when we originally got into it and played it for hundreds of hours for months afterwards. He waited for months on the sidelines all the while we were having tons of fun, but when he finally decided to jump in, he was alone because we were on a break, again demonstrating a lack of social acumen in trying to make the group follow his schedule, instead of him following the group's schedule. But the group will never follow shubn's schedule. The group will only follow my schedule, because the group wants fun, and they know that only I can deliver it—not shubn. It was I who got the group into Star Citizen a year ago, and it was I who restarted our efforts in Star Citizen a couple weeks ago when I missed the game after a long break and got back into it. Groups follow people who know how to manage groups, and who ultimately LOVE to manage groups; shubn struggles to even FIT IN with the group, let alone lead it. shubn MALTREATS the group just because it's past his bedtime for christsake. So of course shubn would take no pleasure in the lengthy and complex and often awkward process of ATTRACTING new members to the group and SUCCESSFULLY integrating them into it, thus EXPANDING the group and making possible new and more complex group activities. So of course he has no idea what I was doing at that spaceport for two hours trying to get everyone gathered and ready and geared up for the mission that was really only the IMPETUS for the operation and by no means the be-all end-all that it was for him. I don't give a fuck about the stupid mission! Star Citizen missions are infinite! We will never run out of them! But if we don't have a good group to do them with, WE CAN'T EVEN FUCKING TRY THEM! And if the group isn't big, HALF THE FUCKING GAME IS OFF-LIMITS FOR US! HOW FUCKING HARD IS THAT TO GRASP? In shubn's mind, my group was failing at the mission. In my mind, my group was KNOCKING IT OUT OF THE PARK IN THE REAL MISSION, WHICH ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE ENLARGING AND IMPROVING THE GROUP, and the only failure was shubn's for trying to crash the group's morale for the sake of a quick thrill and some extra sleep.

You can't make people social. They are either born that way, or they aren't. And I sure as hell was.

icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Cult Gossip

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Aug 2023 00:33

I added five of our best pictures at the bottom for the benefit of people who don't play Star Citizen, just so they realize we aren't bickering about stupid faggot games like Battlefield or PUBG or whatever.

This post will be incorporated into VGCULTURE with the title "The NBA of Gaming".
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Cult Gossip

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Aug 2023 10:40

Something I realized while rereading the essay is that I missed out on a huge criticism that should be leveled at shubn's attitude. The way he describes "the clock ticking" (there is no clock in the game btw) and us being "nowhere near doing the mission" he makes it sound as if I am mismanaging the team, and that my clan is a failure. I don't know where he got the idea that I give the slightest bit of a flying fuck about "the mission": my chief concern has always been building the coolest team ever and having a hell of a time doing so. The mission itself I can take or leave, depending on circumstances, and the number one thing I am proud of after every session, and especially the Dynamic Events, is how the team grows larger and more effective and efficient at cooperation and coordination. In the session under question we had TWO BRAND-NEW MEMBERS JOINING US FOR THE FIRST TIME IN AN EXTENDED OPERATION. Actually we had three, but one of them dropped out, possibly due to low attention span (he's black). So the number 1 goal in my head was to integrate these two new guys into the team as well as possible, and to give them the best impression of us that I could—the last of which shubn torpedoed when he tried to pick a fight with me because he wasn't getting his instant gratification pew-pew action sufficiently fast, or missing out on his beauty sleep or whatever. But otherwise I was ecstatic to have two new and so promising players to play with, and I was relieved when they took so readily to wearing our uniforms and following our procedures. All of this was lost on shubn. He was perfectly willing to make a bad impression on our new recruits if it got him to "the mission" a bit faster so he could go to sleep a bit earlier. But that's not how teams are built, that's how teams are destroyed. If I had had his mindset, there would be no CULT today, and shubn wouldn't have had anyone to play with, and snap at. He even at one point semi-jokingly snapped at people for not playing SC the past few months, even though he had ignored my invitation to play the game when we originally got into it and played it for hundreds of hours for months afterwards. He waited for months on the sidelines all the while we were having tons of fun, but when he finally decided to jump in, he was alone because we were on a break, again demonstrating a lack of social acumen in trying to make the group follow his schedule, instead of him following the group's schedule. But the group will never follow shubn's schedule. The group will only follow my schedule, because the group wants fun, and they know that only I can deliver it—not shubn. It was I who got the group into Star Citizen a year ago, and it was I who restarted our efforts in Star Citizen a couple weeks ago when I missed the game after a long break and got back into it. Groups follow people who know how to manage groups, and who ultimately LOVE to manage groups; shubn struggles to even FIT IN with the group, let alone lead it. shubn MALTREATS the group just because it's past his bedtime for christsake. So of course shubn would take no pleasure in the lengthy and complex and often awkward process of ATTRACTING new members to the group and SUCCESSFULLY integrating them into it, thus EXPANDING the group and making possible new and more complex group activities. So of course he has no idea what I was doing at that spaceport for two hours trying to get everyone gathered and ready and geared up for the mission that was really only the IMPETUS for the operation and by no means the be-all end-all that it was for him. I don't give a fuck about the stupid mission! Star Citizen missions are infinite! We will never run out of them! But if we don't have a good group to do them with, WE CAN'T EVEN FUCKING TRY THEM! And if the group isn't big, HALF THE FUCKING GAME IS OFF-LIMITS FOR US! HOW FUCKING HARD IS THAT TO GRASP? In shubn's mind, my group was failing at the mission. In my mind, my group was KNOCKING IT OUT OF THE PARK IN THE REAL MISSION, WHICH ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE ENLARGING AND IMPROVING THE GROUP, and the only failure was shubn's for trying to crash the group's morale for the sake of a quick thrill and some extra sleep.

You can't make people social. They are either born that way, or they aren't. And I sure as hell was.

P.S. I added the above to the essay as a postscript.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Online