default header

Cult Citizen

Dogfight balance

Moderator: JC Denton

Dogfight balance

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Feb 2023 08:39

Is the Scorpius a bad deal?
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... a_bad_deal

Jaded_Dancer88 wrote:No it doesn't, the Hornet has much better pitch, yaw and turn rate [than the Scorpius]. It's also over 20,000kg lighter, it's also way smaller. Better maneuverability and smaller size means the Hornet is harder to hit meaning it wins in 1v1 solo (see erkul games for proof).

Scorpius is strong because of its turret, just like Hurricane. Using them solo is just hindering yourself. Their slow turn rates etc. are made up by the turret firepower, it's how they are balanced.

Top PVPers use Arrow, not Gladius or Vanguard. Gladius is used by less confident PVPers cause it's more forgiving with extra shield etc. (Vanguard even more so).

Jaded_Dancer88 wrote:Fly what you like/enjoy of course, but just because the heavy fighter is tankier, doesn't make it better. The Arrow for example is the best fighter in the game right now and has 1 shield.

Also the Scorpius solo only has 4x s3 gun hardpoints. The Hornet can have 3x s3 and 1x s4... so it also has more firepower on top of maneuverability and size advantages. With equal skill the Hornet is going to win. Stick a gunner in the Scorpius and it wins.

So our dogfight composition is basically the best it could be, and I dreamed it up entirely on aesthetics lol.

One Scorpius for me, sometimes manned with a gunner when we have enough players. Three Hornets for the Commanders (which can also take a gunner when needed and available), and a fleet of single-seater Arrows for the Inquisitors.

On top of that, whoever wants to do official piracy with us will need a Gladius, simply for the sake of variety, and because the Solar Winds paint for it (which you'll also need; get it from a third-party site if you can't find it on the official site) is the official pirate paint.

TL;DR
1x Scorpius (heavy fighter, Master Chief)
3x Hornet (medium fighter, Commanders)
10x Arrow/Gladius (light fighter, Inquisitors)
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Dogfight balance

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Feb 2023 08:49

drakebuccaneer wrote:A 2 man scorpius is pretty much the most dangerous thing to encounter in this game

Wow I had no idea.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Dogfight balance

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Feb 2023 08:50

hagermanr wrote:I got it for the X-Wing factor. I saw Star Wars in the theater in 1977 so, huge fan.

All guns work maybe 50% of the time but usually just two of the four wing guns will work.

But hey, I got me an X-Wing!!!

viperzero8 wrote:A little tip for the guns. I know you're running gimbles. Because I had that issue too. Until I went fixed.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cult Citizen