default header

Battlegrounds

DM Assistant sign-ups (Combat Narrators & NPC Actors)

Moderator: JC Denton

DM Assistant sign-ups (Combat Narrators & NPC Actors)

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Jan 2021 17:50

First up, read DM Assistants: Combat Narrators & NPC Actors.

We won't have time to set up NPC acting this week, and probably not for at least a couple of weeks, because I have a ton of other higher-priority issues to deal with first, and this would be a seriously time-consuming task. But combat narration is super-easy to set up, and could start this weekend if any volunteers have free time during the two scheduled sessions (both of them starting 10 PM UTC on Saturday and Sunday).

So if you're interested in trying this, post here and let me know and we'll set it up. You won't even need a second Steam account (that would only be for DMs who want to add portraits to NPCs in the chatlog, so would need to be logged into two accounts at the same time).

Once I know who's interested in trying this, I will DM you details about when roughly I expect to have combat for you to narrate, so you can drop in just for that. I could also message you on Discord or WhatsApp or whatever the exact time that combat starts, and you can drop in whenever you want after that; it won't be required to be present for the entire fight if you can't make it. Or you can sit in for the entire session if you want. Another novel idea I forgot to mention in the article (I'll edit it in asap) is that you could move some of the enemies in combat, assisting me in that way too, and making your experience even richer! That is if you handle the combat narration very easily and want something on top of that to keep yourselves busy. Might come in handy especially in large battles.

So think about it, and let me know by posting here. If no one's interested, it's understandable. This type of gaming will not be everyone's cup of tea, as DMing in general isn't, so no worries. The thread will always be here for people who decide to give this a try in the future.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby shock therapy » 14 Jan 2021 22:02

Great idea, sign me up! I should have time to do some combat narration this weekend.
shock therapy

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Jan 2021 22:08

Well on Saturday you're playing. So you must be interested in the Sunday game? Send me a DM on Discord if that's the case, and I'll tell you what kind of adventure the Azlant group is facing, and we'll see where you can help.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Battlegrounds