default header

Welcome

The internet reacts to Insomnia articles...

Moderator: JC Denton

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Feb 2014 09:15

The gamengai thread is a must-read for any Insomnia fan:

http://www.gamengai.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3155

It's probably the last time you will get to see icycalm perform on an open forum. And seeing as it's the last, I might as well share the secret of my success with you.

The secret of becoming as awesome as I am in forum-sparring battles, is to be a genius. Being a genius means that I can switch from insults that make people hit the roof and hate me from the bottom of their souls, to throwing around mind-blowing insights that rivet everyone to their screen in an instant. I have the full range of responses at my disposal, whereas the most everyone else can muster is a poor interpretation of what I am saying (if they are being serious), or some lameass attempt at an insult (if they aren't). The result is that my adversaries keep coming back for "one more round" (because they know they've lost the previous one), and delivering themselves, time and time again, to the full onslaught of both my scathing ridicule and incomparably insightful comebacks, whereas the lurkers can't get enough of the rampant stomping going on, and keep refreshing the page for hours like hypnotized monkeys.

There's no way out of this situation unless I get bored of delivering all the stomping, or my adversaries finally realize how much of a beating they are taking, and conspire with the admin and the mods to ban me. The ban is indeed the smartest way to deal with me, and that's why Gaijin Punch still hasn't banned me (because he is the stupidest forum admin I've ever met).

This works exactly the same way as with the journalists and the pseudo-academics. Any attempt to counter my essays or my attacks on them will only result in me returning the attack a hundredfold, so sooner or later everyone realizes that the best course of action is simply to never engage with me, and try to pretend I don't exist.

Which works great for a while, I'll grant you that. Until I've taught a few thousand people how to think... and then instead of having to deal with only a single genius they have to deal with his countless students and followers :)
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Feb 2014 07:01

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 93#p988893

austere wrote:but alas I have my own war to fight now and its just as important as yours.

You are just a smarmy little moron who has understood nothing. There is no universe in which the "wars" of random internet posters are as important as philosophy. You were smarmy from the first day you joined my forum, trying to peddle that moron's Karl Popper's bullshit ideas, and you are still just as smarmy as you were that day. I've said it to other people too recently -- in this very thread even. Reading books -- even the best of books -- will not change who you are. All you are doing is misinterpreting every idea you read, as you are misinterpreting every one of my actions. Trying to tell me that "PEOPLE HAVE THEIR GOOD QUALITIES TOO, ICYCALM", like some liberal American fagot, as if you were saying something profound. I KNOW YOU FUCKING FUCKFACE, BUT THOSE ARE NOT THE ASPECTS OF THEIR PERSONALITY THAT I WAS CRITICIZING IN MY POST! I don't care if Udderdude is a dutiful son who brings flowers to his mother at the hospital every day. On the internet he is just a loser who sent me fanmail and turned malignant when I ignored him, and that's the only aspect of his personality that concerns me.

austere wrote:The key to victory is to enforce a suppression of the bad qualities in people and to amplify the good qualities, THAT my dear friend, is how you can win the war you've chosen.

Yes, because I need some nameless fagot on the internet to tell me how to win the war THAT I'VE ALREADY BEEN WINNING FOR CLOSE TO A DECADE NOW. Could you seriously be any more conceited?

You are not even in the top 10% of my smartest readers. I can easily name several dozen readers who are 10 times smarter than you (and those are only the ones I am aware of), and certainly smart enough to know not to try to make up for being bitchslapped by pretending to be in a position to give advice to me about how to wage my fucking war.

austere wrote:Your website was still the most fun and I would have continued if I had time

You would have continued if I hadn't KICKED YOU OUT. Enough with the bullshit already. You have no face with me left to preserve.

austere wrote:can lose you key allies

HAHAHA. SINCE WHEN DID A PHILOSOPHER NEED "ALLIES" TO WIN HAHA. You have understood jack shit about philosophy. I can shut myself up in a chicken coop for the rest of my life AND STILL WIN LOL, if that chicken coop has an internet connection, or if I have some pen and paper. You are a bumbling moron.

tl;dr you're just a little fagot who should leave the philosophy to men and go pick up knitting or gardening or something. Go screw yourself.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Feb 2014 08:37

I have seen every personality type thousands of times by now. His type is the mathematically-inclined nerd who is capable of grasping complex arguments to an extent, but has no idea how to create them himself from reality, nor what it takes to put them into effect. He wants me to be "just" to useless worms like Udderdude! As if Udderdude and his kind meant anything more to me than symbols with which to merely illustrate certain aspects of my theory! If I actually took the time to be just to ANYONE, I would be utterly incapable of creating any theories whatsoever. That's what "theory" is: abstraction! And this moron thinks that abstraction can be just! BUT HOW CAN IT BE JUST WHEN THE VERY ESSENCE OF ABSTRACTION IS FALSIFICATION!?

And then he says that Udderdude "helped my cause" in some way.

AND WHAT OF THAT? THE LADY THAT SERVES ME MY ORANGE JUICE AND SANDWICH IN THE MORNING HELPED MY CAUSE TOO YOU MORON. WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH MY DESIRE TO DEMONSTRATE HOW RESSENTIMENT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE "ASSHOLIC" REPUTATION OF GREAT MEN?

The best type of reader is the silent one. All the masculine readers are silent. There are also silent fags and silent idiots, who are simply keeping their mouths shut because they are afraid or because they realize they are dumb, but the really masculine ones who are also at least reasonably smart are the best. These are the ones who have a future. These are the ones who will CREATE the future -- while little talkative fags like austere and Gaijin Punch, who can't keep their traps shut, are the slaves upon whose shoulders the entire "service industry" depends. They are outraged at the idea that someone is lording it over their heads, and every philosophical word that goes into their ears is then twisted and perverted to attempt to change that fact. But you can't become more masculine by perverting ideas! You need GENES for that! That's where all you little fags go wrong. You think the game is "fair", that anyone can win if he just makes the "right moves". But life is a game where the dice are loaded, and where the winner has been declared before the game has even begun. And little austere thought he understood everything lol. If he had any notion of the cosmic gap that exists between us, he'd barely bring himself to open his mouth to me and utter a word. I would have rather killed myself than talk insolently to Nietzsche. But what does a little fag understand about sentiments like that.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Feb 2014 09:19

There's only one proper attitude towards a philosopher of my stature: awe. Everything follows after that. Whoever doesn't feel this has no sense for order of rank, which is merely a consequence of his extremely low rank. I've said that in the opening of Orgy of the Will: no one who is currently posting in that Shmups thread even exists. austere himself, for all intents and purposes, doesn't exist. I may as well be sitting here in my boxer shorts at 8 in the morning typing responses to little sockpuppets whose every action I myself preprogrammed in before I even started talking to them. That's what reaction means. Does austere, who claims to understand everything, understand what reaction means? REACTION MEANS YOU DON'T EVEN EXIST. BUMPING THAT SHITTY THREAD ON SHMUPS BECAUSE YOU DISLIKE ME MEANS YOU DON'T EXIST. IT MEANS YOU HAVE CEDED THE ADVANTAGE OF "FIRST MOVE" TO ME. FIRST I ACT LIKE AN "ASSHOLE", AND ONLY THEN CAN YOU BEGIN WHINING TO YOUR OTHER NON-EXISTENT BUDDIES ABOUT IT. THIS MEANS THAT I'VE ALREADY WON NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO. Sun Tzu at least understood that. If you seriously want to beat me, YOU HAVE TO BE A BIGGER "ASSHOLE" THAN ME. You have to STOP REACTING TO ME ON SHMUPS.COM, go off TO ANOTHER SOLAR SYSTEM, build your own philosophy FROM SCRATCH, then teach it to an ALIEN RACE, and then send that race to earth to destroy the humans who will in the meantime have been completely indoctrinated with my philosophy. And then we'll see who the winner will be. Fag.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Feb 2014 10:12

Why is it not shameful to feel awe towards a philosopher? Why does that surrendering of your personality to someone else's personality not diminish you at all but raises you instead?

Because you are not surrendering anything! If you FEEL everything I say, then all my theories follow from that, and are therefore also YOUR theories. At that point, WE ARE NO LONGER SEPARATE BEINGS. You have absorbed me inside you, and any awe you direct towards me is basically awe you feel TOWARDS YOURSELVES. That's why I can say that I would kill myself for talking insolently to Nietzsche. It'd be like talking insolently to myself! But austere sits down and scribbles long posts in which he takes me to task for every little slip-up and mistake he thinks I have committed. What does that say about his position vis-a-vis myself? IT SAYS THAT WE ARE NOT THE SAME BEING. IT SAYS HE DOESN'T FEEL WHAT I FEEL. And then he tops it all off by some absurd proclamation that his war "is just as important as yours, icy". BUT THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MY WAR AND NIETZSCHE'S! NO DIVERGENCE, NO COMPETITION BETWEEN US AT ALL. I basically know nothing about austere's life or his beliefs, but the mere consideration of his ATTITUDE, of his TONE when discussing and addressing me tells me the whole story about how far his being and his reality are from mine.

All of which he will of course again take personally, whereas in reality I care about him almost as little as I care about Udderdude or any other worm. They could be the nicest little dudes in everyday life, but I don't care because I'll never meet any of them. When I go online, I ONLY CARE ABOUT MY THEORY (and to a much, much, much lesser extent about my immediate collaborators like Insomnia's staff, who are the only online personalities that have any "reality" for me).

100 years from now there will be no austere. No gamengai, or Shmups.com. No Leigh Alexander or Tim Rogers -- or Erik Kain or Jesper Juul for that matter. THAT'S where I have to set my sights if I want my writings to work. No one in that future will care the least about whether I was "just" or "nice" to this or to that random person. They will not even be aware that any of you ever existed. They will only care about the 5 or 10 rules that I will have abstracted from my interactions with you. THAT'S where the real game is. Gaijin Punch and the riff raff on Shmups.com think the real game is in sex and drugs (or at any rate PRETEND sex and drugs), but that's only because they haven't got enough of them. If you have got enough of everything, the game becomes completely intellectual, because THAT'S where all the challenge will be remaining at that point.

I mean, austere is supposed to be the smartest of them (that's what he would have us believe, at least), but look at how pathetic his replies have become after I have put him in his place:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 26#p988926

austere wrote:Now we're talking, lol. I'm surprised he would respond. Is what you pasted complete? Ican't be stuffed going on two forums at the same time.

Seriously, dude? Pretending you haven't been hitting refresh here the whole time? That's what I've reduced you to with a little bit of text? And you want to talk about wars to me? You wouldn't even handle the pressure in the KITCHEN of an army camp! You wouldn't even be able to look the COOK straight in the eye!

Bleh, it was fun, my nonexistent friends, but I have to get some breakfast now. Keep reacting to me please, because I am interested to see how long the admin retards on Shmups.com are willing to tolerate that thread before they give up and lock it like all the rest.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Feb 2014 10:20

I laughed at this:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p988928

skykid wrote:You really pissed off the Hyperborean dude, what did you say? He's throwing all his toys out the pram at the moment.

First skyretard line I've seen that contains any wit.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Feb 2014 11:35

I struggle to convey the difference in viewpoint between me and him.

If you see Udderdude LIKE A HUMAN BEING, it means you are looking FAR TOO CLOSELY. And if you are looking far too closely you are missing the big picture, which is exactly what philosophy is.

Strictly speaking, I am not even dealing with Udderdude at all. In my brain, all I have is a caricature of a resentful little worm. That's what the word "Udderdude" conjures inside my mind.

austere would say "BUT UDDERDUDE CAN HELP YOU, ETC. ETC. ETC."

It's like saying a speck of dust can help the sun. But he is sitting so close to that speck of dust, and even has a magnifying glass in his eye, and is so enraptured by his examination of this speck of dust, that he is not even aware of the existence of the sun.

People who can really help me are mostly dead people. Like William Plank for instance. A recent person who helped me was Hans-Hermann Hoppe, and I think he's still alive. Still, compared to the philosophers all these people are tiny and their contributions strictly speaking superfluous -- and even compared to THEM Udderdude is so small he might as well not even exist.

Almost everything below disappears once you arrive at the heights at which conception-forming in the grand style can begin. "But if you are so awesome, icy, how come you're spending all this time online now answering us worms?" Still you fail to see how I am not interested in answering you at all, how I am using your attitude (not even your words...) as a launch pad that can help me sort out and elaborate my thoughts. Because none of you have any idea how books are written -- and especially philosophical ones -- you have no idea how useful it is to me to have this back and forth with you. Formerly, a philosopher would talk to people, and then go off and note down his thoughts. And I still do this too. But with online communication I can write my thoughts WHILE talking to you -- and even throw them back at you and see if I can further profit by your response. In real life there's only so far you can take this, because if you say EXACTLY what's on your mind (and especially in a mind like MINE), the situation will quickly deteriorate to the point where someone will have to call in the police. There would be BLOOD on the floor between us if I was actually in the same room with any of the people with whom I have had serious arguments on the internet over the years. (Not with austere, because he's just a harmless fag, but with plenty of others.) So with the help of the internet I can throw back at you exactly what's on my mind, while simultaneously keeping a record of those thoughts (without the need for extra notes, since my thoughts must be noted down in the first place, in order for me to communicate them to you) -- and that's basically half the work of book-writing done with! All the stuff that you are reading here today, you will read again, in mildly edited form, in future chapters of Orgy of the Will. It's the same with the Videogame Culture essays. I've often copy-pasted things I've written in the forum straight onto the text of the final essays. The entire forum is nothing but a giant notebook for me. An interactive notebook (that interacts with YOU, that is). It's freaking awesome and I have no idea how previous writers could function without such a thing. The best thing of all is how, through the internet, I have essentially communicated with thousands upon thousands of subhumans of all types, with whom it would have been impossible to communicate in real life, for I simply wouldn't have had the time!

Anyway, yeah. I read austere's latest response. There's nothing there. Some strutting around and some pedantry in an effort to regain some of his lost face with all the riff raff on Shmups, or with himself. It's pathetic. I don't even need to read anything he writes because the very notion of me making a mistake in how I treat "people" is absurd. I don't THINK when I treat "people". Everything is automatic, and I trust my instinct to the very full. El Chaos, who has been an Insomnia staff member for years, called me "bipolar" one time, because in one mail I was cursing him for paragraphs, and in the very next email I was apologizing and asking for his forgiveness. I was simply angry with him when I wrote the first mail, and gave full vent to that anger, and by the time I wrote the second my anger had subsided and I could see again clearly how helpful he was being to me and to my cause. And he forgave me! Because he is a smart dude who loves my site and my work and who wants to help. He even shouted back at me at some point, said he'd rip my site and put it on a torrent site or something, but nothing came of it in the end.

None of this shit matters. It's just petty everyday squabbling between friends. And El Chaos is an Insomnia staff member! My interactions with distant specks of dust like Udderdude matter about a billion times less! And austere sees them as situations in which I have committed "serious" mistakes, in which he feels the need to "instruct" me in "austere" tones.

It's retarded.

And then he drops "Geneva II" as if I am to be dazzled that he has some connection with some diplomatic event which I had to google to find out what it is, and it sounded so boring that I don't even remember now five minutes later. "Put three centuries between yourself and your today", said Nietzsche, if you want to be a philosopher.

Three centuries!

What will "Geneva II" matter in three centuries?

Here's a question for our friend austere to ponder, instead of trying to instruct me on how to deal with worms.

Okay, I really have to get breakfast now. Hope y'all enjoyed the show ;) Have a nice day!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Feb 2014 12:44

And it was the same when I called Gaijin Punch a "fuckin' Texan dullard" in one post, and then an hour or so later posted that I "loved him". In the first post I was annoyed that he compared Shou's pathetic weeaboo contribution to videogames with my world-historic essays, and gave full vent to my annoyance without giving a shit how GP or anyone else would feel, and in the second post my anger had subsided and I could once more see clearly how much pleasure GP's site had given me over the years, and how nice and pleasant he had been to me personally when I had met him, and so decided to take leave of his forum by posting my appreciation of all these things.

To a normal person, like austere, this behavior seems inexplicable, just like El Chaos probably still thinks of me as "bipolar". But from my perspective, that's just simply how I have lived my whole life. austere is trying to come up with complex explanations, that maybe I "simulated" or "dissimulated" this or that behavior, in order to achieve this or that effect or result, whereas in reality 99% of the time What You See Is How I Feel with me. Normal people cannot comprehend such behavior because in order to function in society, with parents, relatives, friends and co-workers you absolutely CANNOT act exactly how you feel most of the time. But I don't need anyone. I don't need money, I don't need work, I don't need friends, and I can throw a big round FUCK YOU to everyone and everything around me and walk off without a moment's hesitation if I feel like it. That's what it means to be free. Some of the "manosphere" writers call this "fuck you money", but it doesn't take that much money to be able to act like that. It's mostly a matter of independence, self-sufficiency and courage. (Insert "indie" joke here.)

Nor does any of this mean that I don't HAVE parents, or friends, or even a job or co-workers. Insomnia is my job! El Chaos is my co-worker! I can have friends and girlfriends any time I wish. And if the ones in my phone book are not answering, I can walk down the street and get new ones in an hour. I have a section on Orgy of the Will where I talk about the "loneliness" that modern subhumans keep whining about. It's still in rough note form, but here, I'll copy-paste the note for you:

I wrote:The constant whining about loneliness is yet another sign of how weak and degenerate subhumans are. There's now over seven billion of them on the planet, and they are still lonely! Just stand on a street corner, if you are lonely, for christsake, and talk to everyone who goes by; in a few days you'll have hundreds of numbers in your phone book: men, women, dogs, whatever. What would cavemen say if they heard your whining? But they are afraid to talk to anyone, as if there was some danger, as if everyone on the street were not as neutered and utterly harmless as they are. You can see how degenerate they are from the fact they can't even talk to anyone. "Oh but the big cities make everyone hurry and be anonymous". Dude, have you BEEN to a small town? All the young people (who are not flatlining) are slitting their wrists from boredom. It is precisely in big cities that you can do the streetcorner thing, and where you can fuck up and it won't matter. Whine, whine, whine, when all it takes is to open that door and step outside your house. I sometimes wonder if they still felt lonely when packed on top of each other by the thousands like sardines in the concentration camps. Someone should ask our German friends about that.

"Icy's ideas and lifestyle are outrageous and insane!", 99% of those who read this will say.

But that's precisely how I feel about YOUR ideas and YOUR lifestyles!

How can you wake up every morning and go off to do something that you hate to do?

I'd rather die than have to do that.

How can you spend so much time with people you don't even much like?

I'd rather be alone than do that.

How can your sole form of intellectual food be YouTube videos and animated gifs? How can you spend your entire life without the slightest curiosity to open a philosophical book? All this is utterly incomprehensible to me, so incomprehensible that I have to invent a new species to put myself in -- or you (it amounts to the same thing).

And yadda, yadda, yadda. I am really going now. Seriously.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Feb 2014 12:54

Basically skykid nailed it with his joke.

"He's throwing all his toys out the pram at the moment."

I am indeed acting precisely like a child. And whoever has read my favorite authors would know why this is not by any means a bad thing. All of them have nothing but glowing words for children, and especially for "big children". For Heraclitus time itself is even a child.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Feb 2014 13:16

And, if nothing else, it certainly makes me perfect to write about videogames!

Or do you prefer the mature analyses about the meanings and the messages and the social justices of homosexual black midgets that everyone else is writing? hahaha
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Jun 2014 06:31

A shitty article from some loser on TIGSource that tries to define what is a game (and of course fails), and grossly misrepresents my views on every other line:

http://www.arcadeoftheabsurd.com/mcsi20 ... games.html

Worst of all, he groups me and that retard Lowell in the same camp, as if we had anything in common. I've written a 36-page essay against scoring and autism, and he says that I believe that "challenge" is the most important aspect of a videogame. LOWELL says that, because he read my Arcade Culture and misunderstood it. But I don't say that. No one can quote me ever saying that. And the reason I don't say that is BECAUSE IT IS RETARDED.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Aug 2014 07:37

https://archive.moe/v/thread/258716403/#258720468

Anonymous wrote:He warned you about the press and indies /v/. You ignored him.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Aug 2014 00:45

In 2009, a lone voice wrote an article titled "Cocksucking Videogameland", and everyone said that that voice was needlessly alarmist, vulgar and extreme: http://insomnia.ac/commentary/cocksucki ... ogameland/

And lo and behold, half a decade later REALITY becomes vulgar and extreme:

http://captaincapitalism.blogspot.com.e ... geeks.html

Chris Bechtloff wrote:Now the real question is why does this matter. Well, this is far more important than the whorishness of Zoe Quinn. This is about how unbelievably corrupt and biased the geek and gaming media has become. Put simply, we have allegations that gaming developers were sleeping with game critics in exchange for positive coverage, and the response from those in charge of these sites has been "Move along, nothing to see here folks". We have journalists literally in bed with the industry they are charged with covering. It is clear that the gaming and geek media have become completely overrun by corrupt whores who care about nothing but pushing their insane liberal agenda and scratching each others backs in the process, or in this case, scratching each others naughty bits. And if Zoe Quinn and everyone else involved can get away with this, then that means these people can basically get away with anything. Now some of you reading this might think this doesn't matter. Maybe you don't play video games, or read comic books, or indulge in any other aspect of geek culture. But it still matters. Geek culture is the imagination of our culture. It is from geek culture that so much of our technological innovation and our art and entertainment spring. We cannot afford to let these soulless liberal whores snuff that flame of creativity out.

https://archive.moe/v/thread/259721913/#259725004

Anonymous wrote:>all this retarded nonsense about dumb whores, dumb journalists, and dumb indies
All I have to say is, thank god Icycalm exists, or else the future would be fucking bleak for video games.

The future of videogame CRITICISM AND THEORY, not the future of VIDEOGAMES, period. The future of videogames would be secure even without me, because there are enough men on this planet to support it is as shown by the dazzling success of games by EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Rockstar and the rest of them.

More here:
https://archive.moe/_/search/text/icycalm/
https://archive.moe/_/search/text/insomnia.ac/
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Sep 2014 16:54

icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Sep 2014 06:56

https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S5389255#p5391869

Anonymous wrote:What happened to beating bored average white guys in the shmup and halo threads over the head with baudrillard and the anxiety of icy's influence? Did that finally get too boring and unrewarding for you?

I assume it must have been tiresome for you in any case, toiling away under your surrogate father's shadow. What's the story now, are you trying your hand at being a writer or something? It's probably the next best thing insofar as you don't seem to have the self-discipline to study philosophy proper (you're young, it's understandable). That's certainly more admirable anyway, I can at see potential in this area. I'd like to say that you are becoming your own man but I still see very prevalent signs of being the same sort of needy, feminine histrionic you were about three to five years ago. Why hasn't this changed, why the insistence on play-acting?

It's not even that you're playing around with different perspectives of thought or feeling, which would at least represent some progress, you're still drastically trying to force your own viewpoint on the world when it lacks the experience and knowledge it would need to truly blossom. Sure, you've gone through Baudrillard and Icy and a handful of others, but the emphasis has always been on conveying your own thought (with the help of others') the unquestioned assumption being that you have worthwhile thought in the first place.

How are we going to fix this, Orwell? Are we going to have to take away your computer for a couple of years and put you in awkward and uncomfortable situations before you'll finally start to get shit together?

That's actually a pretty astute evaluation of that Turkish kid. When I read something this good from someone on 4chan it makes me want to know the identity of the author, and whether he's signed up for the site before, or if I have interacted with him on a forum, etc. It's too bad that I can't.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 09 Sep 2014 11:03

https://archive.moe/co/thread/65369133/#65377994

Anonynmous wrote:>>65377789
>There are very few well run sites.

And there is nothing wrong with that. In fact, it would be weird if all sites on the internet were well run. You can't expect that to happen.

>Unless they too are on the take.

icycalm has many stakes to claim, and he is completely honest about all of them. He is an extremely proud racist and holocaust denier, for example. What he is NOT, however, is a fucking shill. His love and passion for games is simply too obviously strong and shows far too fiercely in his reviews and articles for that to happen.

He's also talked about the inherent corruption in games journalism and the phony sluts who suck cock for positions in journalism circles a long, long time ago (back in 2009 to be exact), which is why I'm one of the few people in the planet who isn't surprised by this gamegate nonsense at all (not that it effects me anyone, I don't use any of those sites).

http://insomnia.ac/commentary/beyond_th ... ws_racket/
http://insomnia.ac/commentary/cocksucki ... ogameland/

I'm going to go ahead and assume the raving anon is an avid reader of the site as well. His posts are simply BLEEDING with insomnia truth.

He understands a lot about me, but not everything. So let me explain how it would work if someone tried to buy me out. Let's say they offered me money to give a negative review to a good game. If the amount was significant to me, I'd do it. If someone gave me a million dollars to say that Call of Duty is bad or an "indie" game is good, fuck nigga of course I'd do it! There are borderline cases, such as for instance Planetary Annihilation, which it would take a LOT of money to get me to trash, but generally speaking I would definitely do it. But I wouldn't spend MY ENTIRE LIFE doing this. It would be basically a one-off thing, or at any rate something I did for a few weeks or months only. And after it was all over I'd turn around and say exactly what I did and why I did it, and redress the lies by means of proper reviews. I'd basically try to scam the scammers. I wouldn't make spend my entire life making a living out of trying to destroy art, like all the journos do.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Sep 2014 19:22

https://archive.moe/v/thread/260154102/#260158750

Anonymous wrote:>>260154102
I for one am staying, and will continue to tell the gossiping fucks to eat shit. Retreating to another board/site just means you're losing ground, i.e. losing the epistemology game to these mouthbreathing social-media-concerned fuckwits.

Best thing you can do for the board is to keep mentioning Icycalm and his site culture.vg, all the stupid journalist/indie bullshit is completely obliterated by him. He retains better values for us all.

https://archive.moe/v/thread/260173098/#260200624

Anonymous wrote:>>260173098
Guys, I have a flawless plan here.

Step 1: Do not visit ANY video game review/journalist site ever again.
Step 2: Start visiting culture.vg exclusively and read everything on there.
Step 3: Stop playing indie games entirely. Don't even pirate the crap.
Step 4: Start paying for all your games again if you don't.
Step 5: Tell everyone you know what you're doing and insist they do the same.
Step 6: ???
Step 7: PROFIT!

No really, the best way to "end corruption" is to stop feeding them entirely and do the RIGHT THING. THAT is how you win the PR battle that they're fighting... Because that's all these faggots have, PR, but unfortunately nowadays PR has power.

More here: https://archive.moe/_/search/text/%22culture.vg%22/
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 27 Sep 2014 09:07

https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S5270084#p5270695

Anonymous wrote:My name is Napoleon Dostoyevsky, and here is what I think about the Touhou Project: Good because it's a shmup, but too indie to be worth my time. You are a nigger faggot. Thanks for reading

Insomnia in a nutshell.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Sep 2014 04:54

It seems like a British-Greek guy named Milo Yiannopoulos tweeted my Cocksucking article:

https://twitter.com/Nero/status/516234351479382016

He seems to be kind of a big deal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_Yiannopoulos

You can sort of see why he would like it if you take into account this:

Wikipedia wrote:Controversy

Yiannopoulos received criticism in 2009 for tweeting that he hoped the police "beat the shit out of those wankers" at the G20 protests, and then deleting the tweet after a protestor was killed. He later pointed out that he could never have known in advance "via clairvoyance" about the death of Ian Tomlinson and that his tweet was sent in anger about another protester.

Controversy followed his appearance at the TechCrunch Europe GeeknRolla conference in 2009, during which he was criticised for remarks described as "men and women are different, men are better at tech, deal with it" by another participant in the conversation.

On 18 July 2012, Yiannopoulos had a public argument on Twitter with Zoe Margolis, author of Girl with a One-Track Mind. He commented: "We write about how tech is changing the world around us. You write about how many cocks you've sucked this week. Back off." and later added: "Is there a difference between writing about sex for money and having sex for money? Not really. What a grubby, humiliating way to make rent."

He should read more stuff by me.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Sep 2014 16:50

Can someone with a Twitter account tweet him a link to Orgy?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Sep 2014 21:17

Thanks Trev, I appreciate it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Oct 2014 00:32

http://voxday.blogspot.com.es/2014/09/t ... 2001157179

Anonymous wrote:FND:

This is a great site with very insightful articles about gaming and game journalism. Check this 2009 article about women in gaming jornolism:

http://insomnia.ac/commentary/cocksucki ... ogameland/

Then there is this article about the faux intellectuals who nowadays have degenerated themselves into SJW dumblords:

http://insomnia.ac/commentary/on_new_games_journalism/

and this one is about how gaming journalism general corruption works: http://insomnia.ac/commentary/the_video ... ws_racket/

He is one of the few voices to say how corrupt and talentless the indie scene is. Indie gaming always managed to get a pass between players and journalists while people viewed AAA as the corrupt capitalists, but in the end the biggest gaming journolist scandal to happen have the SJW indies on the spotlight.

Too bad Insomnia(aka culture.vg) blocks his new articles, reviews and forums for money. If someone gets interested in joining the site, i recommend viewing his welcome forum section, because he is quite the nutcase, even if he gets right most of the time.

Unfortunately, he blocks the new content

This is the exact same mentality that destroyed the old, hardcore publications. He wants videogame publications to be free, but then he whines when they becomes slaves to advertisers in order to continue to exist. It is because of the influence of ungrateful, penniless wretches like him that videogame criticism outside of Insomnia is so utterly laughable today.

A reminder that, just because someone is linking me, doesn't mean he isn't contemptible or retarded.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 09 Oct 2014 05:25

https://twitter.com/nydwracu/status/509054579359887360

Wesley Morganston wrote:When Jim no longer seems shocking and Land no longer seems alien -- only then should you read icycalm.

I would say you should never read anyone apart from me and the people I endorse, except in order to realize the distance and appreciate us. Or for entertainment. But to seriously read all those degenerate hacks should be considered a crime against the artform.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 16 Oct 2014 21:29

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/65 ... nt-8132102

Luca Nixdorf wrote:@Alex Kierkegaard This project seems very promising indeed.
But let me ask you: Who made culture.vg the nr. 1?
I sure as hell didn't. And the cute number of 51 steam followers don't seem to confirm your thesis.
(Or didn't I hear your sarcasm over the internet?)

I wrote:@Luca Nixdorf. I'll just leave this here: http://culture.vg/praise-for-insomnia.html

Let's not derail this comments thread thought. Read IGN or Eurogamer or TotalCookie if you want. But none of that stuff is real criticism, and that's why PA is not being acknowledged as the best game of 2014 and the best RTS ever by anyone other than me.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Oct 2014 23:21

icycalm
Hyperborean

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome