[PC] EVE Online

Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] EVE Online

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Jan 2013 14:13

Images of massive 2,800+ player battle in EVE Online:

IDy54zlh.jpg

T7U9CJXh.jpg

Can you feel the autism?

Wing Commander's first mission was more immersive.

More here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510349
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 10 Apr 2017 00:34

From Discord:

recoil
https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/16/eve ... e-to-play/
I'm looking at starting an account now.

icycalm
I'll do it either tomorrow or next week
Though I have heard there are some drawbacks to playing with an F2P account
Doing a restart
I have also heard of a couple of horror stories of people playing with a Steam account and then losing everything because the Steam version is not so easy to support for some reason
But I want the hours on my Steam account, so I am thinking of chancing it
Only 1 or 2 horror stories in the Steam review section, but hundreds of others with thousands of hours have had no problems
That article on EVE is bullshit by the way
WTF does Evolve have to do with EVE? EVE has been around for 14 years lol
And I checked the player numbers, there has been a decline, but there were declines before, and the game recovered (edited)
It has nothing at all to do with what happened with Evolve
What a moron
making the game sound bad
The only thing that can bring EVE down is an EVE sequel or competitor or Star Citizen
Until one of these things happens, there is no other game that offers this experience, ergo this game will continue dominating the genre
At least this is my outsider's assessment, but it sure sounds more believeable than that moron's absurd comparison
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Jul 2020 00:31

https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/ ... e-at-that/

pulsemyne wrote:EVE online: It's another war! And a big one at that.

Yes it has finally happened. After a period of utter stagnation (in which none of the major power blocks in EVE wanted to actually bother each other) everyone has now decided it's time for a big old war. And by big I mean BIG.

To understand why this war has come about you need to take a look at the following map...

What you see here is EVE Online's depiction of star systems and the regions they are in. You'll see names on the map like Fountain or Delve or Catch. These regions are controlled by super alliances like Legacy or The Imperium.

What occurs most of the time is we have the odd big fight over some star system or another and everyone goes back home.

This time though things have taken a turn for the "Let's burn everything to the ground"

Info Rush: Who and where!

If you look on the left side of the map you see several systems dominated by a group known as "The Imperium". The Imperium primarily consists of two large alliances. One is called "The Initiative" and the other "Goonswarm" and they control the systems of Fountain and Delve respectively.

To right of them is Legacy which mainly consists of TEST Alliance and whole bunch of other smaller alliances.

To the top right there is PanFam. The consist or a number of big alliances such as Northern Coalition, Pandemic Legion.

At the very top and to the left is a whole bunch of small alliances and one big one known as Pandemic Horde.

Those are your players in the game so just what is going on?

NIPS!

EVE has looked like the above for quite some time and it came about because the main power blocks all disliked each other but no one of the three power blocks was strong enough to take another power block without the fear or one of the other getting involved. It was a Mexican space standoff but everyone was reasonably happy because they could just sit there, churn out big ships like Titans and Supercarriers and mining like there was no tomorrow.

In fact the situation was solidified with the agreement between the big three that no one would try and invade each other. A Non-Invasion-Pact.

OUCH MY NIPS!

Someone broke the NIP or rather signaled that they were breaking the NIP and that someone was Legacy. Legacy broke it with the Imperium declaring they wanted to invade Imperium space and destroy them once and for all. In order to do this they have also enlisted the help of Panfam. So it's two super powers against one or to put it another way it's about 100,000 pilots versus 50,000. Not the best of odds. Then there are all the other groups piling into the fray which is boosting Legacy and Panfams numbers even more. The Imperium are heavily outnumbered.

Outnumbered but maybe not outgunned.

It looks bad for the Imperium and it's a pretty good bet that Fountain will fall and maybe even Delve. However, because of EVE's mechanics it takes a long, long time for someone to take a region of space. It is also much easier to defend space than it is to attack it. I would explain why but that would take too long. Then there is the issue of the Super class ships like Titans and Super carriers. Goonswarm and the Initiative can probably field as much of them as the others. Goons have spent years building the largest capital fleet in the game with the ability to field multiple full fleets of titans (256 in a single fleet). In an all out capital brawl it really is anyone's game.

It's started...

As I type this the war has literally started with enemy fleets hitting the system of D4KU in fountain. Here they are hitting structures in the system and attempting to take out a jump bridge which can be used by the Imperium to quickly jump around ships across multiple systems. The response to this has been for a large group of small ships to try and stop them doing so. While they have killed some of the attackers there are simply too many of them and the Jump bridge will be taken out. This though is only the start. There will be many fights, lots of propaganda on both sides and finally some fun. I will try to keep this thread up to date with all the stuff that goes down.

Sounds pretty damn great. I wish we were in there. But I have a plan to get us in there soonish, and I will talk about that in the first issue of the War Journal, so look forward to that.

https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/ ... t-12760462

layten wrote:Never played Eve, but I love reading about the utter bullshit that goes on in it. :lol:

I'd rather read a novel if I wasn't gonna play at all. But if I AM playing, then yeah I'd like to know what's happening even when I am not on, or in areas far from me, which is what I am trying to do for people with the War Journal.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games