default header

Games

Insomnia's Steam Curator

Moderator: JC Denton

Insomnia's Steam Curator

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Nov 2014 01:35

https://store.steampowered.com/curator/ ... ulture.vg/

60 followers is not bad considering I've only put in 13 recommendations. I plan to put a shitload more of them up there, but others can pitch in too if they like, by posting their recommendations in this thread.

The way I understand it, Steam wants us to "recommend" titles, meaning 4- and 5-star games only, by Insomnia's rating scale. Then again, I've seen people who post shitty games too, and make up for it by including a rating at the end of the text (2/10 or 1/5 or whatever), so I am thinking whether I should start doing that too at some point. For the time being, however, let's stick to recommended games, and we can think about widening the choice at some point down the line.

The limit is 152 characters, and you can use the following site (or suggest a better one) to help you stay within it: http://www.lettercount.com/

Don't forget to give us your star rating too. For the time being I won't be including it, but it will come in handy later, if I decide to add crappy games too.
Last edited by icycalm on 13 Mar 2019 04:50, edited 2 times in total.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Nov 2014 04:05

Well, I put Civ: Beyond Earth in there, and will be putting up all new reviews immediately as they are posted on the frontpage -- as long as the game is available on Steam, of course. Too bad Valve isn't allowing us to add games on other platforms too, the way they allow you to add them to your library. Console-exclusives would be nice too.

So this means that all games, from 1/5 to 5/5 stars, are eligible from now on.

Note that the Beyond Earth text is only a snarky comment because there is a link to the full review right under it. If you are submitting texts for games which haven't been fully reviewed, you won't be able to get away with doing that.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Nov 2014 04:14

Ok, finished putting ratings to all games. It's pretty cool how Steam lists the Beyond Earth review in your Activity page. That means that 60 people got a heads-up now (well, at least those of them who check their Activity page, at any rate) that the site has been updated -- almost like an RSS feed. Too bad, once again, that you can't do that with all the site's content. I guess I got to figure out how the RSS thingamajig works on Joomla.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Nov 2014 04:35

Added a couple "indie" games, Dustforce and Super Time Force, to balance out all the raving 5/5 recommendations I've been posting so far. I'll be adding a couple of those every now and then -- I don't want to flood the page with dozens of them at once.

All "indie" games will get the exact same text:

"Student project game. Valve should be ashamed of selling it alongside the works of serious, professional developers on Steam. 1/5"
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Mar 2019 04:48

Just finished updating the curator with all the latest coolest upcoming games, so head on over there and wishlist whatever you find interesting: https://store.steampowered.com/curator/ ... ulture.vg/

We're almost at 1,000 followers too, so follow us and help put us over the top if you haven't done so already.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games