Hardware

Google Stadia

Moderator: JC Denton

Google Stadia

Unread postby Angels » 22 Oct 2018 08:36

Google Project Stream
https://projectstream.google.com/

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/google-a ... -253515245

legendaryskitch wrote:I got my beta key for Project Stream yesterday. Played a bit of Assassin's Creed Odyssey on my old laptop (about 5 years old) over Wi-Fi (150-200 Mbps via Wireless N if anyone was curious) with no issues. I did notice some weird shifting in the FPS like it wasn't quite 60 FPS but it felt too smooth to be 30 FPS. Hard to tell if it is better than GeForce NOW (another beta I have...) but my gut says GeForce NOW is better but don't quote me on that until I get more testing in.

They even took out all of the video options so it feels just like playing on a console. Had no issues recognizing my PS4 controller connected via Bluetooth and even gave me the correct button icons (which a lot of PC games don't do...)

As a whole it seems to function well, haven't really gotten to play much. Only about 30 minutes so far. Definitely want to play more soon. I see that Google doesn't say anything about minimum specs for hardware which just means it's going to be time to test that out. Currently charging up my old dirt cheap Windows 10 tablet with an Intel Atom in it to see how it actually works with that PoS. It would be kind of awesome if it does since the tablet has a great screen and terrible everything else

The Shadow guys must be sweating...
Angels

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Oct 2018 15:16

If they've gone as far as to wipe the graphics settings from the game, the service is shit compared to Shadow. It's already shit when you can't use your Steam account with it and it expects you to start a whole other library there, or pick from their slim offerings; but when you dumb down the customization that's the entire point of owning a PC besides the massive library, you defeat the entire point of trying to replace your PC with streaming.

Google's thing is crap; NEXT!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 10 Mar 2019 11:14

https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/9/18257 ... ice-render

Andrew Liptak wrote:Google patent shows possible controller design for its game streaming service

Earlier this year, word broke that Google is exploring a game streaming service powered by Chromecast, and a newly-discovered patent shows off what could be the controller that service would rely on.

Later this month, Google is hosting a mysterious event during the Game Developers Conference that very well could revolve around its the rumored streaming service, which in past reports has been likened to a “Netflix for games” and is said to be built on the technology Google developed for its Project Stream trial last year.

The patent itself is for a notification system for the controller that notifies a player when a game is now available, that a user has received an invitation, a status chance on a leaderboard, or a chat request from another player.

Yet the patent also comes with a series of illustrations showing how the controller might be designed, including a dual-joystick setup, shoulder and trigger buttons, and directional d-pad and gameplay buttons. The illustration also includes what appears to be a microphone button, which could hint at some sort of voice assistant compatibility as well. Yankodesign created a series of renders based off of the images submitted with the patent. But, these illustrations might not be the final product — the detailed descriptions point to what buttons could be included in such a device, but aren’t included in the patent’s claims section.
recoil

Unread postby Discord BOT » 12 Mar 2019 20:58

CULT|earthboundtrev
https://twitter.com/AllGamesDelta_/stat ... 6686643202
Google's attending GDC and is hyping their showing. Hopefully they announce something cool

CULT|icycalm
They will buy the entire videogame industry and make it accessible via an icon in Gmail apps
Originally posted in the Insomnia Discord.

Insomnia Discord bot powered by proprietary next gen next level neural networked quantum learning self aware AI developed by Cult Games.
Discord BOT

Stadia Is The Worst Gaming Platform Launch Since Wii U

Unread postby Insomnia » 31 Oct 2019 02:24

FEATURE: Stadia Is The Worst Gaming Platform Launch Since Wii U

Insomnia wrote:They failed at literally every single aspect of this platform.
Insomnia

Return to Hardware