default header

News

[PSP] Devil May Cry

Moderator: JC Denton

[PSP] Devil May Cry

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Apr 2009 03:07

The PSP DMC which apparently Famitsu has been listing in its release schedule since the launch of the system, if not even earlier, has now been officially cancelled.

I had totally forgotten about it, and perhaps the same happened with Famitsu. Maybe they just noticed it in their release schedule, called up Capcom to see what's up, and got some lols for a reply.

It would have been a waste of time and money anyway.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby DeadAurum » 24 Apr 2009 06:01

I wouldn't be surprised if it were a port of 1 or 3, though it seems more logical that Capcom was making a low-budget knockoff/unnumbered entry like Chains of Olympus (lol at 4-5 hours of probably button-mashing, if I'm not mistaken).

I would say cancellation is more befitting than them dishing out such a game. Another problem-ridden console DMC wouldn't be precisely the best answer, either. There's not too much else to it -- but they need a better director, too.
DeadAurum

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Apr 2009 18:28

Whatever it was, it would not have been a button-mashing game, since none of the DMC games have been such. It would have been, however, pointless, since they might as well have used the resources to make a proper game on a proper console. DMC games, and others like it, are too expensive to be made exclusively for a little toy console, and that's why no decent developer is making them.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to News