Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] Last Online

Unread postby bullethell » 01 Sep 2009 22:20

Genre: Action MMOG
Origin: Korea
Developer: Eden Entertainment
Game Publisher: TBA
Game Site: http://www.laston.co.kr/

Game's website just opened. As you can see from the teaser trailer (shows battle mechanics) it plays like a typical action 3D console title (Devil May Cry in particular). More details soon.

bullethell

Unread postby El Chaos » 01 Sep 2009 23:44

This probably has to do with the game being a MMOG, but I can't help finding the difference in graphical detail between the character models and the environments quite... extreme.

They (the characters) look very well modeled and I suppose are or will be superbly animated too, but the scenery they travel looks like it was taken out of a PS2 emulator configured at a higher resolution.

The one good thing about them that I can see right from the in-game movie clip in the official site, is that it has really great drawing distance.
Last edited by El Chaos on 02 Sep 2009 00:55, edited 1 time in total.
El Chaos
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby bullethell » 02 Sep 2009 00:44

It is common among nearly all Korean 3D MMOGs. Extremely well-designed and detailed characters (heroes and NPCs) and awful and uninspiring backgrounds. Continent of the Ninth uses the same graphical formula like Last Online but its scenery is more detailed and it clears up when you are getting close to it unlike Last Online's one (that as you correctly said its scenery looks like it was generated from a previous-generation console emulator).

Note that game is still in development, maybe its coming beta version will look better.
bullethell

Return to News