default header

News

Capcom vs. SNK 3: Battle of the Ages 2012

Moderator: JC Denton

Capcom vs. SNK 3: Battle of the Ages 2012

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Apr 2010 04:22

Last edited by icycalm on 01 Apr 2010 04:33, edited 1 time in total.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Apr 2010 04:33

I see something about "Xbox Live" in that scan. I am not liking it one bit.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby JoshF » 01 Apr 2010 05:12

I think that part is talking about Chromehounds. I couldn't tell you why they're talking about a From Software game as I can't read complicated kanji.
JoshF

Unread postby recoil » 01 Apr 2010 20:30

http://shoryuken.com/content.php?r=519- ... n-Crush-it
keits wrote:Yes, as many of you CSI'ed very quickly to find out, CvS3 was Shoryuken.com's April Fools joke this year. I figured that if we are trying to get this frontpage closers to legitimate, we would need a decent April Fools prank to fit in. Who better to ask for help, then, than Kanta-Kun? Kanta-Kun has earned a reputation for doing convincing fakes in the Super SF4 subforum, and with little time to spare, I contacted him to ask if we could collaborate.

After bouncing ideas off of each-other and deciding to mock up a Capcom vs SNK 3, Kanta-Kun got to work. I decided toward the end that it would look much more convincing as a Famitsu scan, and then later even more so as a photo of a Famitsu page. We also decided to 'leak' it through a random Spanish fighting game forum to throw off the hounds as best as we could. It wasn't the perfect plan, but some of the reactions were priceless. After the break, which I highly suggest you check out, is a step by step writen by Kanta-Kun himself showing how this all came together. I echo his final sentiments in saying, please keep your hopes up and your voices loud. Capcom is listening and now they know for sure that we want CvS3.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Apr 2010 22:27

l

o

l
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to News