default header

News

[3DS] Shinobi

Moderator: JC Denton

[3DS] Shinobi

Unread postby JoshF » 26 May 2011 20:26

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JAriRrs_N8

I think at this point Sega is the only company that gives you higher hopes upon the anouncement that they're outsourcing a franchise. Still, I can't imagine that this will turn out well, what with the flash game backgrounds and all.
JoshF

Unread postby El Chaos » 26 May 2011 21:38

The character models don't seem to fare much better either.

Wonder what became of the people behind The Super Shinobi, Taro Shizuoka and Noriyoshi Ohba.
El Chaos
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 27 May 2011 15:32

"Griptonite", lol. That's all the information you'll need about the game's quality. What kind of people would sit down and agree to such a ridiculously tacky name for a company in which they are presumably placing all their hopes for their future? The very name proves that whoever calles the shots over there has shit taste -- and how could that possibly not carry over to the game?

And yeah, the video is abominable in every respect.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby JoshF » 15 Sep 2011 08:39

New trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpcYLXRmOj8

So it's just another juggle-fest like every 2D action game since the Game Boy Advance. It's a shame people can't figure out how to make a good modern side-view action game. Here's a hint: it involves adding more actions and a ton of obstacles coming from all angles (which can't be done as well in 3D), not juggling 1 or 2 punching bags (which is just DMC watered down by one less dimension).
JoshF

Unread postby icycalm » 15 Sep 2011 13:27

DMC is not "juggling 1 or 2 punching bags" -- it's usually far more than that, and then there are the boss fights. And even if it was -- if you chose to see it that way -- the same could be said more or less of every other action game.

It's not an issue of whether or not you like the game. It's an issue of making stuff up and blowing things out of proportion in order to denigrate something you don't like. Everyone does it of course, but it's bad for criticism and bad for thinking.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby JoshF » 17 Sep 2011 20:27

I didn't mean to say that DMC is like that, but the DMC-inspired side-view action games usually end up like that.
JoshF

Unread postby El Chaos » 17 Sep 2011 20:40

You should probably refer to them as OZ-inspired, much more appropriate.

... God, "it's extremely well regarded by those who gave it a chance". Perhaps as a long-term neuron disintegrator. What a fucking clown, lol.
El Chaos
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 17 Sep 2011 21:50

I don't quite see how a 2D action game can be DMC-inspired. It's like saying a bicycle is motorcycle-inspired, instead of the other way around, which is the normal way.

And Chaos, have you played that game? If not, please refrain from making fun of games you haven't played and are not knowledgeable about. It makes both you and me, and above all this site, look stupid.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby El Chaos » 17 Sep 2011 22:39

Yes, I played it. It's godawful and never really improves. That's why I'm making fun of that clown's absurd generalization.
El Chaos
Insomnia Staff

Return to News