default header

Theory

The minorities fagotries

Moderator: JC Denton

The minorities fagotries

Unread postby icycalm » 15 May 2013 22:50

Here is a thread about a black dude who can't design shit, taking inspiration from black dudes who can design shit in order to help him continue being unable to design shit:

http://forums.selectbutton.net/viewtopic.php?t=36549

Let's forget for a moment all the white and yellow fags posting in the thread for fag points, and concentrate on the black opening poster for a second.

I totally understand his situation. His desire for role models who look sort of like him is totally reasonable and understandable. The problem is that, if you take the long view of the situation, it is also stupid. Let's say for a moment that the issue is not race but nationality, and that I wanted to become a game designer. How many Greek game designer role models would I have to look up to? None. So it's either I don't become a game designer, or I lift my head out of my ass and look for people OUTSIDE my nationality to whom I can look up. And I mean, after all, it was the Americans and the Japanese who primarily created this artform, so what would be more natural than for most of the role models to be from those two countries? And why do the blacks have to take everything so personally? If I wanted to learn kendo or ikebana I would even be EXTRA proud of the fact that I had a Japanese teacher or role model, instead of spending days and weeks coming up with lists of the handful of Greek losers who dabbled in these two crafts at some point in time. So how is it that I, a Greek person, can look up to black people like Michael Jordan or yellow people like Miyamoto Musashi or red people like Geronimo, and the fucking blacks have such a huge fucking problem looking up to white people?

The answer, dear friends, is simple: because I don't feel racially inferior to them. The problem has nothing to do with "the industry" or with what any of we white people say or do: the problem is with the blacks themselves.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 15 May 2013 23:05

Hell, I even FEED off the fact that I am in the minority, when I go for example to an American university and beat all the Americans in some class or some sport or whatever in their own country, for christsake. Look at how badass that Asashoryu dude is: a Mongolian dude who went to Japan and beat all the Japanese sumo wrestlers at their own game. Did you see him crying like a little fagot because he had no Mongolian role models to look up to?

Basically, the reason why there's so much focus on these "social" pseudo-issues today has nothing to do with discrimination but with the simple fact that none of these people actually care about games. Whoever cares about games works so hard on them that HE BARELY HAS TIME TO EAT AND SLEEP, let alone whine for pages and pages on internet blogs and forums about shit that has nothing to do with games. Read what every successful game designer says: the effort required to succeed is almost superhuman. To so much as WRITE anything on the internet about anything whatsoever PROVES that you are not interested in becoming a good game designer. Simple as that.

And then the journalists hype up all this whining that's coming from the pseudo-designers because they don't care about games either -- but I've already covered that in detail.

I mean, it's not exactly rocket science: if you are not making, writing about, or playing games, you don't care about games. How hard can that be to understand?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 15 May 2013 23:10

And no, I am sorry, but the ludicrous little screensaver abortion you posted on the TIGSource forums is no more a videogame than my sister's wedding tape is a movie, and if you think otherwise you understand jack shit about either games or movies. Just do us all a favor and go hang yourself or something.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 15 May 2013 23:35

Who is the racist, the dude who says "No, he HAS to be black for me to imitate him", or I, who am willing to take from people of every race the best that they have to offer? That some races have MORE TO OFFER, in total, than others is merely a consequence of the fact that races are not equal, and the very fact that it's the black dude who's so obsessed with making lists of black dudes, whereas I couldn't give a fuck, is merely another indication of whose race is superior.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 16 May 2013 17:35

What would be even funnier is if he tried to make a list of all African blacks in game design, and then he'd realize that all the blacks making games today are the descendants of slaves. Which is why a wise man once said that "the best thing that happened to the blacks was that they were taken slaves".
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Theory