default header

Roleplaying

Ussur (1st level wanderer druid)

Moderator: JC Denton

Ussur (1st level wanderer druid)

Unread postby Hanged Man » 06 Jan 2015 23:03

Found my handbook here. I'll copypaste some important stuff regarding my choices in this thread for reference.

Druid branch:

Desert Druid

Minimum Ability Scores: Wisdom 12, Constitution 12, Charisma 15.

Races Allowed: Human.

Armor and Weapons Permitted: Leather armor, wooden shield; club, sickle, dart, spear, dagger, khopesh, scimitar, sling, short bow, staff.

Weapon Proficiencies: Recommended-- scimitar, short bow, staff.

Nonweapon Proficiencies: Required-- (general) direction sense, weather sense;
(warrior) survival (desert). Recommended-- (general) riding (land-based); (priest) healing, local history; (warrior) endurance, tracking.

Spheres of Influence: All, Animal, Divination*, Elemental (air, earth, fire),
Elemental* (water), Healing, Plant*, Weather. (* means I only have minor access to this sphere)

Granted Powers: A desert druid like Otaq has the following granted powers:
?? Receives a +2 bonus to all saving throws vs. fire or electrical attacks.
?? Infallibly identifies desert plants and animals and pure water at 3rd level.
?? Senses the distance, direction, and size of the nearest natural water source (well, spring, oasis, sea, etc.) if one lies within 1 mile per level. This power, gained at 3rd level, is usable once per day.
?? Shapechanges up to three times per day at 7th level, once each into a normal mammal, reptile, and bird. The druid can shapechange only into animals whose natural habitat is the desert. Common desert-dwelling animals include camels, eagles, hawks, lizards, mice, rats, snakes, and vultures. Otherwise, this power functions identically to that described in the PH, p. 37.

Special Limitation: None.

Holy Symbol and Grove: A desert druid's grove normally lies within a beautiful
oasis in the deep desert. Branch members use as their holy symbol a vial of water
from a sacred oasis, filled under a full moon

There are some more granted powers, but they are desert-specific, so we can probably forget about them for now.

Kit:

Wanderer

While most druids eventually settle in a specific locale, Wanderers travel widely,
delighting in Nature's infinite variety of life. They typically have a better idea of the "big picture" in the world than other druids and usually remain on good terms with local bards and rangers. Druidic leaders often use Wanderers as messengers or missionaries.

Role: Wanderers like Fife (right), more gregarious than most druids, enjoy
meeting and talking with people--especially rural folk. Although Fife acts carefree, this genial nature masks a keen mind and a strong interest in everything going on around her. Many Wanderers have animal companions.

Branch Restrictions: None.

Weapon Proficiencies: Recommended-- staff, one other weapon.

Secondary Skills: Hunter, navigator.

Nonweapon Proficiencies: Bonus-- direction sense. Recommended--(general)
animal training, singing, weather sense; (priest) healing, herbalism, religion; (warrior) mountaineering, running, survival, tracking.

Equipment: The druid should spend her initial allotment of gold pieces entirely
on equipment, as she loses all unspent starting money in excess of 1 gp.

Special Benefits: A Wanderer like Fife receives a +1 reaction adjustment bonus from bards, rangers and traveling folk such as tinkers and Gypsies.
When traveling over long distances, Fife covers ground at a one-third faster rate
than a normal traveler would--that is, if a normal person can walk 24 miles in a day without force-marching, the druid can walk 32 miles with the same exertion. Fife, like all Wanderers, simply feels more accustomed to walking long distances than most--plus, she knows short cuts and secret trails. (This heightened speed is cumulative with the ability of many druids 3rd level and higher to travel through overgrowth or other difficult terrain without penalty.)
With a Wanderer guide, a party can increase travel time by one-sixth; thus, an unencumbered party led by a Wanderer would travel 28 miles in a day, not 24.

Special Hindrances: Constantly on the move, a Wanderer never allows herself
to be burdened. Fife cannot have retainers, hirelings, mercenaries, or even servants until she reaches 12th level (but animal companions can travel with her). The druid cannot possess more treasure than she can carry; she either converts the excess into a portable form (gems, etc.) or donates it to a worthy cause, such as the druidic order.

Wealth Options: 3d6x10 gp.

Useable spells: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Druid_spells_(2e)

Aside from the required 15 Charisma, I would also like to roll high Wisdom and Constitution, which I think would fit the character I'm going for. I don't care about other stats, but since I'll be fighting in melee, decent Strength would be nice.
Hanged Man

Unread postby Hanged Man » 10 Jan 2015 17:09

Race: Human

Alignment: True Neutral

Weapon Proficiencies: scimitar (specialized)

Nonweapon Proficiencies: direction sense (free from the Wanderer kit), weather sense, healing

Secondary Skills: Hunter
Hanged Man

Return to Roleplaying